To me this is very interesting

DAN P

I am sure that many discussions , that many that do not have a good answer , that what belief you hold to is just , a figure of speech , or a rabbit trail .

In the bible there are many figures of speech , called metonymy , ellipsis and oxymorons and there are many others .

Here Isa 58:10 , we stumble at noon day as in the night .

Another one in Matt 6:23 If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness , how great is that darkness

Bullinger wrote 3 books on figures of speech and is fascinating and there literal hundreds of them in the bible .

dan p

glorydaz

I am sure that many discussions , that many that do not have a good answer , that what belief you hold to is just , a figure of speech , or a rabbit trail .

In the bible there are many figures of speech , called metonymy , ellipsis and oxymorons and there are many others .

Here Isa 58:10 , we stumble at noon day as in the night .

Another one in Matt 6:23 If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness , how great is that darkness

Bullinger wrote 3 books on figures of speech and is fascinating and there literal hundreds of them in the bible .

dan p
Our Bible is truly an amazing book. Thanks for sharing, Dan. You always come up with something good.