Therefore they could not believe !

beloved57

Jn 12:39-40

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

You see that, scripture says they could not believe, not would not believe ! Even though the lack of willingness to believe on Christ is but a symptom of mans lack ability to believe on Christ. This truth is a check mate against the false doctrine of mans freewill, as well as to them that deny mans total depravity/inability spiritually. See could not believe denotes inability. See the word could is the greek word dunamai and means: to be able, to have power

However in the greek this word is preceded by the adverb ouk which means: not, no

So the rendering would be not able, no power or ability to believe. See they cant just decide to believe by their so called own freewill. Now I know many proud freewillers are will oppose this truth or attempt to explain it away, but the word of God stands and withstands all opposition !

Nanja

Jn 12:39-40

[FONT=&]39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

You see that, scripture says they could not believe, not would not believe ! Even though the lack of willingness to believe on Christ is but a symptom of mans lack ability to believe on Christ. This truth is a check mate against the false doctrine of mans freewill, as well as to them that deny mans total depravity/inability spiritually. See could not believe denotes inability. See the word could is the greek word dunamai and means: to be able, to have power

However in the greek this word is preceded by the adverb ouk which means: not, no

So the rendering would be not able, no power or ability to believe. See they cant just decide to believe by their so called own freewill. Now I know many proud freewillers are will oppose this truth or attempt to explain it away, but the word of God stands and withstands all opposition !

[/FONT]

Amen Brother !

Whether or not a person believes on Christ has nothing to do with exercising their own freewill, which is idolatry and can't please God anyway Rom. 8:8.

However, for those the Father gave His Son in behalf of, to deliver them from the power of darkness and to have forgiveness of sins Col. 1:13-14 [His Election of Grace Eph. 1:4-7], as a result of that fact alone [Christ's Death] 1 Pet.2:24, they can no longer remain under the power of unbelief Acts 18:27b, as those who will remain in unbelief and be condemned for all eternity John 3:18, 36.

beloved57

Amen Brother !

Whether or not a person believes on Christ has nothing to do with exercising their own freewill, which is idolatry and can't please God anyway Rom. 8:8.

However, for those the Father gave His Son in behalf of, to deliver them from the power of darkness and to have forgiveness of sins Col. 1:13-14 [His Election of Grace Eph. 1:4-7], as a result of that fact alone [Christ's Death] 1 Pet.2:24, they can no longer remain under the power of unbelief Acts 18:27b, as those who will remain in unbelief and be condemned for all eternity John 3:18, 36.
Amen Sister.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk