The True Sabbath and the Millennial Rest Foreshadowed

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
There remains a future rest for the people of God to enter in,
For forty years I loathed that generation and said, “They are a people who go astray in their heart, and they have not known my ways.” Therefore I swore in my wrath, “They shall not enter my rest.”
(Psalm 95:10-11 [ESV])
Which is also mentioned in Hebrews,
For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; (Hebrews 4:8-9 [NIV])
And also mentioned here,
Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them." (Revelation 14:13 [NIV])
In which case this future Sabbath-rest that remains to be entered into is related to the seventh day Sabbath,
For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: "On the seventh day God rested from all his works." (Hebrews 4:4 [NIV])
By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. (Genesis 2:2 [NIV])
And as such, the relation between the seventh day Sabbath and this future Sabbath that still remains to be entered into is that just as there is a Sabbath rest on the seventh day from the beginning, so will there be a Sabbath rest on the seventh thousand year from the beginning. Each day of the first week foreshadowed a thousand years appointed to come,
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. (2 Peter 3:8 [KJV])
Adding up to a total of seven thousand years determined for this heaven and earth to exist, and just as the last day of the week is a Sabbath rest in which God rested from his work, so will the last thousand years be a Sabbath rest where the people of God will rest from their works,
for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. (Hebrews 4:10 [NIV])
And even the people of God who are among the dead will also be resurrected to enter into this rest,
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4 [NIV])
Which includes Daniel,
“As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.” (Daniel 12:13 [NIV])
And even Abraham,
It was not through the law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. (Romans 4:13 [NIV])
As all who died and partake in the first resurrection, beginning from Abraham to all who died for the sake of the gospel of Jesus Christ, will be raised to enter into this rest of a thousand years,
Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:6 [NIV])
This is why although a strict observation of the seventh day Sabbath is a requirement of the Law of Moses,
For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a day of sabbath rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it is to be put to death. Do not light a fire in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath day." (Exodus 35:2 [NIV])
While the Israelites were in the wilderness, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day. Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly, and they kept him in custody, because it was not clear what should be done to him. Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man must die. The whole assembly must stone him outside the camp." (Numbers 15:32 [NIV])
It is not a sin to not observe this seventh day Sabbath in this strict manner for those who walk by belief,
At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him, "Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath."
(Matthew 12:1-2 [NIV])
Or haven't you read in the Law that the priests on Sabbath duty in the temple desecrate the Sabbath and yet are innocent? (Matthew 12:5 [NIV])
One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. (Romans 14:5 [NIV])
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. (Colossians 2:16-17 [NIV])
Because the true fulfillment of the seventh day Sabbath is at the seventh thousand year Sabbath, in which case those who walk by belief will rest and fulfill the true Sabbath when it comes. And after this millennial rest is over, this heaven and earth will vanish and become non-existent,
Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. (Revelation 20:11 [NIV])
In which case then a new heaven and earth will come forth into existence,
Then I saw "a new heaven and a new earth," for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. (Revelation 21:1 [NIV])
"See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. (Isaiah 65:17 [NIV])
And just as God appointed times for this heaven and earth, so will he appoint times in the next heaven and earth, which are the "ages of the ages",
and night shall not be there, and they have no need of a lamp and light of a sun, because the Lord God doth give them light, and they shall reign -- to the ages of the ages. (Revelation of John 22:5 [YLT])
And those who come to live in that heaven and earth will live into the ages of the ages that God appoints and will never die, as death will be a former thing,
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." (Revelation 21:4 [NIV])

Rondonmonson

There remains a future rest for the people of God to enter in,
Is Jesus Christ, we REST IN HIM....He takes away our burdens. We are not under the Law but under Grace.

The book of Galatians makes this very clear.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Is Jesus Christ, we REST IN HIM....He takes away our burdens. We are not under the Law but under Grace.

The book of Galatians makes this very clear.

The scriptures teach that there is a Sabbath rest that yet remains for the people of God, hence,

There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; (Hebrews 4:9 [NIV])

If the author had achieved this rest already, he would not have spoken of it as something that yet remains to be achieved. This Sabbath rest is the millennial reign of the people of God, which has not yet happened.