The Torah, the TaNaK, Matthew through Revelation, and if there is any truth in the...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Revi'i, 11-8. It is Yom, Day.

I read study observe keep and teach the Torah. I read and study the Torah and the TaNaK and Matthew through Revelation, all of which I accept, and Yeshua as the Messiah. I was born a Gentile. I grew up Christian. I became a Jew. I am a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism. I am of Israel, Jewish. I have chosen the tribe of Levi, for though it could not be chosen I was told in agreement with my desire and against my better judgment that I could choose a tribe. I read and study the Torah daily. I accept the New Covenant as for the house of Israel and the house of Judah, God's law (He said "My law" there in Jeremiah) written on minds and hearts. It came in Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus the Christ. Jesus, Yeshua, instructed us to keep and teach the commandments. To do and keep them.

I have a Chumash and a New King James Version Bible. I grew up with the New American Standard Bible. I am a citizen of the United States of America as I was born here.

I desire to be a Rabbi, and have been called a Rabbi. I am an Israelite and I have been called an Israeli though I have never been to Israel. I am willing and able to serve the American People in the Office of President of the United States of America. I am old enough to do so. I observe the Jewish Hebrew Biblical Calendar from Torah, understanding some of more than this such as observance of Chanukah and Purim.

My question relates to the Torah, the TaNaK, Matthew through Revelation, and two books of other religions. They are the Quran or the Koran and the Book of Mormon. I know about the Jewish Library. I want to know if the Quran or the Koran or the Book of Mormon refer to anything in the Torah, the TaNaK, Matthew through Revelation, the Scriptures, the Bible, the Word of God. Truth in other religions or religious texts without abandoning the God of the Bible the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth the God of Israel and the World, יהוה, Yod Hey Vav Hey, Yud Hei Vav Hei, YHVH, Yahveh, HaShem (The Name), by entertaining false gods or idols false religion or anything false or wrong is important to me, as people got it from somewhere and truth or the truth can be recognized wherever it is found. Unless they made it up or it was made up they got it from somewhere. Are there other religious texts (as well)? Do not accept lies or that which is false and or wrong.

I believe in the inspiration and inerrancy of the Bible, the Scriptures, the Word of God. I believe that all Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness, that the man of God would be adequate equipped for every good work.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set or make you free.

He whom God has sent speaks the Words of God.

Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.".

Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
A Christian stays in the new testament of Christ. Its evil to study any other doctrine than the new testament doctrine of Christ.

[2Jo 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ [as] coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

[Heb 8:7, 13
7 For if that first [covenant] had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. ...
13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A Christian stays in the new testament of Christ. Its evil to study any other doctrine than the new testament doctrine of Christ.

[2Jo 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ [as] coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

[Heb 8:7, 13
7 For if that first [covenant] had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. ...
13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

If it pertains to Christian doctrine, do not think beyond what is written.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
In the doctrine of Christ. The new testament.

Does All Scripture in 2 Timothy 3:16 refer to the new testament or only to the new testament? Christian doctrine does include the new testament. The doctrine of Christ does to some mean the new testament or by saying the doctrine of Christ one means the doctrine of the new testament or doctrine found in the new testament, am I right?

Shalom.

Jacob

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Those of the LDS faith will tell you that they believe in the same Jesus as believers, but this is not correct. The Jesus of LDS theology is a false god and will not lead anyone to salvation. They add to God's word of truth and believe that many passages of the Bible were changed or removed, either by translation error or by the deliberate work of men. There is no spiritual gain to be had from studying the Book of Mormon or other writings deemed Scripture by adherents to that faith.

The Koran is pure drivel and those who believe in it have one foot in hell and the other on a banana peel.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Those of the LDS faith will tell you that they believe in the same Jesus as believers, but this is not correct. The Jesus of LDS theology is a false god and will not lead anyone to salvation. They add to God's word of truth and believe that many passages of the Bible were changed or removed, either by translation error or by the deliberate work of men. There is no spiritual gain to be had from studying the Book of Mormon or other writings deemed Scripture by adherents to that faith.

The Koran is pure drivel and the writing of those with one foot in hell and the other on a banana peel.

I did not even grow up Mormon.

You answered about the Book of Mormon and other LDS writings, and the Koran.

To answer you about the Koran. Getting facts wrong from the Torah or the Bible is different from identifying where something originated or a detail of history. When there is a reason is different from in the course of time recognizing an error in one's own thinking. This may not relate to the Koran or interaction with Muslims or Islam, but the things that we are taught or understand either as children or once we have grown up may have had a basis in history even if we could not see it. Then, was what we have believed correct.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Does All Scripture in 2 Timothy 3:16 refer to the new testament or only to the new testament? Christian doctrine does include the new testament. The doctrine of Christ does to some mean the new testament or by saying the doctrine of Christ one means the doctrine of the new testament or doctrine found in the new testament, am I right?

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
lololo The doctrine of Christ is the doctrine that has Christ in it. The new testament(covenant).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lololo The doctrine of Christ is the doctrine that has Christ in it. The new testament(covenant).

Are you talking about new testament scripture or the new covenant?

Christ is revealed in the TaNaK or Old Testament Old Covenant as well.

Shalom.

Jacob

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This may not relate to the Koran or interaction with Muslims or Islam, but the things that we are taught or understand either as children or once we have grown up may have had a basis in history even if we could not see it. Then, was what we have believed correct.

History is easily revised. The Koran teaches hate. Hate of Christians, hate of Jews, hate of women, hate of any breathing thing that doesn't accept Islam and its tenants. Why spend time contemplating a book of hate?

:think:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
History is easily revised. The Koran teaches hate. Hate of Christians, hate of Jews, hate of women, hate of any breathing thing that doesn't accept Islam and its tenants. Why spend time contemplating a book of hate?

:think:

Is there anything referencing the Torah the TaNaK Jewish writing or Matthew through Revelation?

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is there anything referencing the Torah the TaNaK Jewish writing or Matthew through Revelation?

Yes, there is in the Book of Mormon.

Yes, there is in the Koran.

Distortions of God's holy writ.

Designed to lead people to damnation.

Satan loves when people attempt to speak for God and distort His word of truth.

Makes his job easier.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, there is in the Book of Mormon.

Yes, there is in the Koran.

Distortions of God's holy writ.

Designed to lead people to damnation.

Satan loves when people attempt to speak for God and distort His word of truth.

Makes his job easier.

I have not studied the Book of Mormon. I have read something in it that leads or led me to believe that it is not the Word of God, not inspired Scripture.

I have read the Quran. I do not remember what I read.

Shalom.

Jacob

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have not studied the Book of Mormon. I have read something in it that leads or led me to believe that it is not the Word of God, not inspired Scripture.

I have read the Quran. I do not remember what I read.

Shalom.

Jacob

I have personally seen too many lives destroyed by LDS and Islamic doctrine. It saddens me that people would want to pursue the study of something that takes folks away from God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I have personally seen too many lives destroyed by LDS and Islamic doctrine. It saddens me that people would want to pursue the study of something that takes folks away from God.

True, I study the Torah daily and have started with Nevi'im, Yehoshua / Joshua twice now. I have read through Yeshoshua / Joshua Chapter 17 Hebrew and English. As with the Torah I do not understand all the Hebrew that I read. I have read through Yeshoshua, Shoftim, Shmuel I and Shmuel II, basically, in English, before, just not at Chabad.org. I am not reading through Tehillim / Psalms and Proverbs this month. I have read the Bible more than two times.

How are children raised (at home) in this world, in regard to Torah and the Scriptures? How do we interact with people in this world?

Shalom.

Jacob

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How are children raised (at home) in this world, in regard to Torah and the Scriptures? How do we interact with people in this world?

You teach them to rightly divide God's word and to stay away from those who would drag them screaming off the narrow path.

eleos

Then I guess you are calling Jesus "evil" ... He taught from the Old Testament. The old testament was His doctrine (teaching)

2nd Timothy 3

16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Luke 24

27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

The old testament and new testament goes hand in hand.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then I guess you are calling Jesus "evil" ... He taught from the Old Testament. The old testament was His doctrine (teaching)

2nd Timothy 3

16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Luke 24

27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

The old testament and new testament goes hand in hand.

Ok, but...

While every book and testament is written for us, not every book and testament is written to us or about us.

When Noah was commanded to build the ark, it should be obvious to us that God was speaking to and commanding Noah and not anyone living in the 21st century, right?

We can learn spiritual truths about Noah's righteous obedience and example of heading the God's word, or his faithful perseverance in spite of persistent persecution, but we would be wrong to head off to the Home Depot and purchase a bunch of lumber to build our own ark because, "Since God said it, I'm supposed to obey it."

Silly example, maybe, but too many use the same concept to apply all scripture to their lives today and the daily situations in which we find ourselves.