The TaNaKh and the Old Testament

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The TaNaKh is the Hebrew or Jewish Scriptures.

The Torah is the Five Books of Moses.

The Nevi'im is The Prophets and The Twelve Minor Prophets.

The Kethuvim is The Writings.

Christians often are found to follow a different arrangement or ordering of scriptures.

The Law, History, Poetry, Major Prophets, Minor Prophets.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The TaNaKh is the Hebrew or Jewish Scriptures.

The Torah is the Five Books of Moses.

The Nevi'im is The Prophets and The Twelve Minor Prophets.

The Kethuvim is The Writings.

Was the Law and the Prophets until John?

OCTOBER23

If you love me Keep MY Commandments

and Feasts because .........

ITS TURKEY-DAY ON MONDAY.

CANADIAN THANKSGIVING

YEAH BABY, GOBBLE DE COOKING.

HOME MADE TURKEY STUFFING , CRANBERRY SAUCE,

BAKED POTATOES WITH GRAVY AND LOTS OF BUTTER,

YUMMY DRUMSTICKS AND THIGHS

AND LOTS OF WHITE MEAT FOR ME.......

yummy yummy yummy , I got lots in my Tummy.

OCTOBER23

Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed,

there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The first five books being called the Torah is different than asking what commands of God are found in the Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you love me Keep MY Commandments

and Feasts because .........

ITS TURKEY-DAY ON MONDAY.

CANADIAN THANKSGIVING

YEAH BABY, GOBBLE DE COOKING.

HOME MADE TURKEY STUFFING , CRANBERRY SAUCE,

BAKED POTATOES WITH GRAVY AND LOTS OF BUTTER,

YUMMY DRUMSTICKS AND THIGHS

AND LOTS OF WHITE MEAT FOR ME.......

yummy yummy yummy , I got lots in my Tummy.
No

TweetyBird

The first five books being called the Torah is different than asking what commands of God are found in the Law.

The first five books contains the Law of God - all the commandments - as given to Moses. That is why it's called Torah.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
2 Corinthians 3:14 NASB - But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ.

What is the old covenant referred to here?

TweetyBird

2 Corinthians 3:14 NASB - But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ.

What is the old covenant referred to here?

The Law of Moses.

2 Cor 3
3 forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

6 who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8 how shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

13 and not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: 14 but their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. 15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. 16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. 17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Law of Moses.

2 Cor 3
3 forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

6 who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8 how shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

13 and not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: 14 but their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. 15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. 16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. 17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
What do you mean by, "The Law of Moses"?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am not trying to be cheeky but doesn't everyone do that christian or non christian alike? Only people who aren't illuminated disregard the OT and likewise the NT. They all work together and they reveal whats hidden in its passages through itself.

There's a book out there called The Secret. In it the author put a lot of cryptic messages and poems in it. In the USA there are 12 treasure chests hidden and only 2 have been found. You cant find the treasure if you disregard anything it says. Likewise the word of God is GOOD no matter what order you read it. Although the NT is based on the understanding of the OT. I believe understanding the OT or how you say it.. the Torah. Is needed to understand the NT.
No

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
All of the laws, commandments, statutes that God gave to Moses that were recorded in the Decalogue and the Book of the Law, known as the Mosaic Law Covenant.
I do not understand your answer. I do not understand what you are saying.