The TaNaK and the Torah: Written before the Old Covenant Old Testament Scriptures?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

What was known first, the TaNaK or the Torah or the Old Covenant Scriptures also called the Old Testament Scriptures?

I can read some Hebrew and I read English.

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

The Tanakh is the Old Testament.
Are you a Hasidic Orthodox Jew?
I noticed you mentioned Chabad.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
NO OTHER WAY, NO OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN BY WHICH WE MUST BE SAVED. CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON TO THE OLD TESTAMENT.
Luke 13:24
24 "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
Matt 7:13-14
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
1 Cor 3:10-11
10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
Phil 3:2-3
2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation!
3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,
Acts 4:12
12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

[Gal 3:10-14
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, "Cursed [is] everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them."
11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God [is] evident, for "the just shall live by faith."
12 Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by them."
13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed [is] everyone who hangs on a tree"),
14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
[Gal 3:23-25, 29
23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.
24 Therefore the law was our tutor [to bring us] to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. ...
29 And if you [are] Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
More off-topic nonsense ("squeaks") from Squeaky.

I said
lololol Did you read the verses? Your part of the mutilation of scripture.

11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
Phil 3:2-3
2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation!
3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,
Acts 4:12
12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Tanakh is the Old Testament.
Are you a Hasidic Orthodox Jew?
I noticed you mentioned Chabad.

Shalom.

Today is Sheni, Aviv 17. It is Yom, Day.

I received my kippah as a gift from the Pierce County Chabad here in Tacoma. I had already been studying Torah from the website. I have said that I am Orthodox. I do not mix meat and dairy in the same meal. However, I have not officially converted if that was needed.

There is a difference between the Tanakh and the Old Testament.

Shalom.

Jacob

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Tanakh is an acronym of the first Hebrew letter of each of the Masoretic Text's three traditional subdivisions: Torah ("Teaching", also known as the Five Books of Moses), Nevi'im ("Prophets") and Ketuvim ("Writings")—hence TaNaKh."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanakh

beameup

Shalom.

Today is Sheni, Aviv 17. It is Yom, Day.

I received my kippah as a gift from the Pierce County Chabad here in Tacoma. I had already been studying Torah from the website. I have said that I am Orthodox. I do not mix meat and dairy in the same meal. However, I have not officially converted if that was needed.

There is a difference between the Tanakh and the Old Testament.

Shalom.

Jacob

There is no difference between the Tanakh and Old Testament in overall content.
Orthodox Judaism totally rejects Jesus (Yeshua) of Nazareth, they are the offspring of the Pharisees.

"Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith."

Galatians 5:2-5

The Law brings death, the Spirit brings life

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is no difference between the Tanakh and Old Testament in overall content.
Orthodox Judaism totally rejects Jesus (Yeshua) of Nazareth, they are the offspring of the Pharisees.

"Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith."

Galatians 5:2-5

The Law brings death, the Spirit brings life

Shalom.

Today is Shlishli, Aviv 18. It is night.

You are incorrect.

Romans 14:16 NASB - 16 Therefore do not let what is for you a good thing be spoken of as evil;

Of course read in context, but maybe you can glean something from seeing the verse by itself, seeing these words.

Shalom.

Jacob