The Sleep of Death in Sheol, the Two Resurrections, and the Lake of Fire Judgment

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Death is like sleep, and just like the passing of time feels quick from the moment of sleep to the moment of waking up, that is how it is from death to the moment of resurrection, even if thousands of years had passed. And this is why the dead are said to be "sleeping" in accordance to scripture.

Gehenna, otherwise called "Hell", is a literal place, that does not yet exist, but will come into existence from the time of the second coming of Jesus Christ to the time that the thousand year ruler of Jesus Christ expires, and that is why this fire is called unquenchable, and also aeonial, because it burns for one aeon. And the reason it burns so long, as opposed to an ordinary fire that burns out after it consumes something, is because this fire will be a lava lake, hence "lake of fire", since a steady lava flow does not quench.

Whoever is thrown into this fire will die a painful death by being burned alive, and will cease to exist, because this fire destroys both body and soul.

Because Gehenna will be a lava lake is also why worms will not die in this particular type of fire, because since lava has such high viscosity, dead bodies will float on the surface, and not sink, where worms will then feed on bodies on the surface without dying. And because this fire kills whoever is thrown into it, is why Isaiah speaks of this same place Jesus spoke of, saying, "and men will see the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me, where their fire is not quenched nor their worm dies". And since this is a place that will be visibly seen by men, it will be a place that will exist on the surface of the earth where it can be seen by men.

Even angels that are thrown into this fire will die, hence "I said, you are gods, sons of the most high, but you will die like men" and "you were a cherub, and you were in the garden of Eden, but I made fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and you shall be no more".

After this fire has consumed all the wicked, they will become merely "ashes beneath the feet" of the righteous.

There exists a good study on this, along with all scripture references, simply search "Wisdom of God Lava Lake" on Google.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Whoever is thrown into this fire will die a painful death by being burned alive, and will cease to exist, because this fire destroys both body and soul.

They will die first and then their body burned. The earth will be dissolved.

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise and the elements will melt with fervent heat, both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire and the elements will melt with fervent heat?" (2 Peter 3:10--12)

The physical creation destroyed and replaced with a new heaven and earth.

Last edited:

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
They will die first and then their body burned. The earth will be dissolved.

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise and the elements will melt with fervent heat, both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire and the elements will melt with fervent heat?" (2 Peter 3:10--12)

The physical creation destroyed and replaced with a new heaven and earth.

The day of the Lord is not the day heaven and earth will cease to exist (which happens a thousand years later after the second coming of Jesus Christ, which is the day of the Lord). The day that the earth will be burned up will be on the day that the first trumpet blast is blown at the second coming of Jesus Christ, where will the earth will be burned up by fire that will rain from heaven,

The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down on the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up. (Revelation 8:7 [NIV])

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God… (1 Thessalonians 4:16 [NIV])

He opened the heavens and came down; dark storm clouds were beneath his feet…Thick clouds shielded the brightness around him and rained down hail and burning coals. (Psalm 18:9-12 [NLT])

The LORD will make his majestic voice heard. He will come down with all his might, with furious anger, with fire storms, windstorms, rainstorms, and hailstones.
(Isaiah 30:30 [GODSWORD])

But shall come the day of the Lord as a thief in the night… and the elements being incinerated by fire shall be loosed; and the earth and the works in it shall be incinerated. (2 Peter 3:10 [INTERLINEARIZED])*

expecting and hastening the arrival of the day of God… by reason of which from the heavens fire shall be loosed, and the elements being incinerated by fire shall be destroyed? (2 Peter 3:12 [INTERLINEARIZED])*

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Really? Whose day is it?

Just because today, or the day in which heaven and earth cease to exist are both days of the Lord does not mean you can take scripture speaking of a certain day called the "day of the Lord" to mean any particular day to suit your misunderstanding of scripture. The day of the Lord spoken in that passage is the day of the second coming of Jesus Christ, not the day heaven and earth cease to exist. Heaven and earth will not cease to exist by reason of fire, but by reason of vanishment. Just as God made everything appear from nothing, he will make everything disappear into nothing, and create an entirely new creation.

CherubRam

For the millionth time "sheol" is the Hebrew word for grave. And Gehenna is the city dump outside of Jerusalem used to dump broken pottery.

Zeke

Death is like sleep, and just like the passing of time feels quick from the moment of sleep to the moment of waking up, that is how it is from death to the moment of resurrection, even if thousands of years had passed. And this is why the dead are said to be "sleeping" in accordance to scripture.

Gehenna, otherwise called "Hell", is a literal place, that does not yet exist, but will come into existence from the time of the second coming of Jesus Christ to the time that the thousand year ruler of Jesus Christ expires, and that is why this fire is called unquenchable, and also aeonial, because it burns for one aeon. And the reason it burns so long, as opposed to an ordinary fire that burns out after it consumes something, is because this fire will be a lava lake, hence "lake of fire", since a steady lava flow does not quench.

Because Gehenna will be a lava lake is also why worms will not die in this particular type of fire, because since lava has such high viscosity, dead bodies will float on the surface, and not sink, where worms will then feed on bodies on the surface without dying. And because this fire kills whoever is thrown into it, is why Isaiah speaks of this same place Jesus spoke of, saying, "and men will see the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me, where their fire is not quenched nor their worm dies". And since this is a place that will be visibly seen by men, it will be a place that will exist on the surface of the earth where it can be seen by men.

Even angels that are thrown into this fire will die, hence "I said, you are gods, sons of the most high, but you will die like men" and "you were a cherub, and you were in the garden of Eden, but I made fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and you shall be no more".

After this fire has consumed all the wicked, they will become merely "ashes beneath the feet" of the righteous.

There exists a good study on this, along with all scripture references, simply search "Wisdom of God Lava Lake" on Google.

Another literalist who can't grasp the symbolic meaning of these allegorical teachings that symbolize Galatians 4:24 the kingdom of God Luke 17:20-21 within man 1Cor 3:16, Acts 17:24. You're teaching a dead dogma to the dead 2Cor 3:6.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
The day of the Lord was Peter's expression.

:carryon:

No it is not,

For the day is near, the day of the LORD is near; it will be a day of clouds, a time of doom for the nations. (Ezekiel 30:3 [ESV])

Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand– a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness… (Joel 2:1-2 [NIV])

The great day of the LORD is near— near and coming quickly. The cry on the day of the LORD is bitter; the Mighty Warrior shouts his battle cry. That day will be a day of wrath– a day of distress and anguish, a day of trouble and ruin, a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness— (Zephaniah 1:14-15 [NIV])

You people do not know the scriptures, which is why you speak presumptuously.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Another literalist who can't grasp the symbolic meaning of these allegorical teachings that symbolize Galatians 4:24 the kingdom of God Luke 17:20-21 within man 1Cor 3:16, Acts 17:24. You're teaching a dead dogma to the dead 2Cor 3:6.

A literalist would be someone who takes a figurative statement such as "eat my flesh and drink my blood" literally, such as a catholic. You, on the other hand, are the other extreme, a "figuratist" (so to speak), who takes literal things figuratively. You do not divide the word of God correctly.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"But the day of the Lord will come like a thief when it comes, the heavens will disappear with a horrific noise and the celestial bodies will melt away in a blaze" (2 Peter 3:10 NET)

"Because of this day, the heavens will be burned up and dissolve and the celestial bodies will melt away in a blaze!" (2 Peter 3:12 NET)

"But according to his promise, we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth" (2 Peter 3:13 NET)

glorydaz

Sleep always refers to the body...because it looks like it's sleeping. The body is just the tent, so the soul and spirit are not sleeping, but waiting to be reunited with the body at the resurrection.

keypurr

Sleep always refers to the body...because it looks like it's sleeping. The body is just the tent, so the soul and spirit are not sleeping, but waiting to be reunited with the body at the resurrection.

Where can I find that in scripture?

Sent from my iPad using TOL

glorydaz

Where can I find that in scripture?

Sent from my iPad using TOL

I shall sleep in the dust.......but I shall not be there. Why? Because our soul and spirit still live.

Job 7:21 And why dost thou not pardon my transgression, and take away my iniquity? for now shall I sleep in the dust; and thou shalt seek me in the morning, but I shall not be.​

The body was sleeping, but the spirit heard and came forth. (Just as Lazarus did).

Mark 5:39-42 And when he was come in, he saith unto them, Why make ye this ado, and weep? the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn. But when he had put them all out, he taketh the father and the mother of the damsel, and them that were with him, and entereth in where the damsel was lying. And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise. And straightway the damsel arose, and walked; for she was of the age of twelve years. And they were astonished with a great astonishment.​

It's the body that is resurrected from the dust of the ground. It is but the tent in which we dwell while here on earth.

1 Cor. 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

2 Corinthians 5:1-3
For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.​

2 Peter 1:13-14
Yes, I think it is right, as long as I am in this tent, to stir you up by reminding you, 14 knowing that shortly I must put off my tent, just as our Lord Jesus Christ showed me.

God's Truth

I shall sleep in the dust.......but I shall not be there. Why? Because our soul and spirit still live.

Job 7:21 And why dost thou not pardon my transgression, and take away my iniquity? for now shall I sleep in the dust; and thou shalt seek me in the morning, but I shall not be.​

The body was sleeping, but the spirit heard and came forth. (Just as Lazarus did).

Mark 5:39-42 And when he was come in, he saith unto them, Why make ye this ado, and weep? the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn. But when he had put them all out, he taketh the father and the mother of the damsel, and them that were with him, and entereth in where the damsel was lying. And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise. And straightway the damsel arose, and walked; for she was of the age of twelve years. And they were astonished with a great astonishment.​

It's the body that is resurrected from the dust of the ground. It is but the tent in which we dwell while here on earth.

1 Cor. 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

2 Corinthians 5:1-3
For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.​

2 Peter 1:13-14
Yes, I think it is right, as long as I am in this tent, to stir you up by reminding you, 14 knowing that shortly I must put off my tent, just as our Lord Jesus Christ showed me.

I really don't think that you should be able to use what Peter says to the JEWS. hahaha