The Significance of Christ's Reign in Heaven

Robert Pate

Banned
The resounding message of the New Testament is that "Jesus is Lord".

He is Lord because he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so has reconciled a world of lost sinners unto to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

"And you that were sometimes alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblamable in his sight" Colossians 1:21, 22.

Some of you will find this scripture so repulsive that you will not be able to read more. You really need to read more.

Some will say, "How can that be, how can Jesus reconcile lost, depraved sinners unto God.

Jesus comes into the world as God's new Adam and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17. He is the new representative of the human race. Our old representative sinned and brought judgment and death upon us, Romans 5:12. Our new representative brings the gift of righteousness and eternal life, Romans 5:18.

"Therefore as by the offense of one (Adam) judgment came upon ALL MEN to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one (Christ) the free gift came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

"Justification of life" means that Jesus has justified a world of lost sinners and has reconciled them unto God. Hang in there, we are not through yet. Keep in mind that Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners, Matthew 9:13. I am just telling you how he does that. He doesn't do it by rehabilitating their old Adamic nature. Instead he puts the whole human race to death in Jesus Christ, Romans 6:6. Not just our sins, but the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. If Jesus had NOT atoned for the sins of the world he would not be Lord.

When Jesus walked out of Joseph's new tomb a new humanity walked out with him. Jesus is God's new humanity. This is why Paul said, "If any man be "In Christ" he is a new creation" 2 Corinthians 5:17. We become new creations in Jesus Christ when we trust and believe in Jesus.

God is at peace with the world because of the doing and the dying of Jesus, "And having made peace through the blood of his cross by him to reconcile ALL THINGS unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth or things in heaven" Colossians 1:20.

I didn't come up with this on my own. Its in the Bible. The reason that God is at peace with the world is because...God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. That's right! God sees everything in his Son Jesus Christ. Isn't that what the scripture says?

Jesus now sits at the right hand of God as the "King of King and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. God has exalted Jesus and has given him a name above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father, Philippians 2:9-11.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
He is Lord in Heaven because that's always been the rightful place of the creator Son.

He is Lord in Heaven because that's always been the rightful place of the creator Son.

Yes, He is Lord, because He is the Lord God. Jesus Christ came to earth from eternity, was the Word of God present in the Old Testament, the "I am" who was before Abraham, the Creator who created the universe. Nothing made Him who He is and who He has been, throughout eternity, before there even was a material universe, before there were a world and men. A fundamental spiritual insight that has always been in my conscience, which Jehovah's Witnesses and others prattle on against, is that the One we came to know as Jesus Christ was the One who dealt with man in the Old Testament, of the finger that wrote the Ten Commandments, the voice of the burning bush, the One of "let there be light" at creation, before Abraham or Moses, that is, Almighty God.

This concept the Old Testament has God the Father, then "junior" came along in Mary's womb, is actually a blasphemous, obscene concept, which denigrates the Lord Jesus to just some favorite creature status, unworthy the Creator God John 1 is quite clear of the truth regarding. As time goes on, I become less and less tolerate of these cults, when much younger thought them saved for their agreement with gospel salvation through a Messiah and Savior, but have come to really wonder about any who, in fact, denigrate Christ's deity, how they could have the Holy Spirit and, in essence, dispute John 1, fundamentals of gospel truth, right out of the gate. Only God can judge in the ultimate sense, but I suspect, really fear, that maybe there are many who don't need to pack a sweater, who don't seem to spiritually even know their God, rather know a lie.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, He is Lord, because He is the Lord God. Jesus Christ came to earth from eternity, was the Word of God present in the Old Testament, the "I am" who was before Abraham, the Creator who created the universe. Nothing made Him who He is and who He has been, throughout eternity, before there even was a material universe, before there were a world and men. A fundamental spiritual insight that has always been in my conscience, which Jehovah's Witnesses and others prattle on against, is that the One we came to know as Jesus Christ was the One who dealt with man in the Old Testament, of the finger that wrote the Ten Commandments, the voice of the burning bush, the One of "let there be light" at creation, before Abraham or Moses, that is, Almighty God.

This concept the Old Testament has God the Father, then "junior" came along in Mary's womb, is actually a blasphemous, obscene concept, which denigrates the Lord Jesus to just some favorite creature status, unworthy the Creator God John 1 is quite clear of the truth regarding. As time goes on, I become less and less tolerate of these cults, when much younger thought them saved for their agreement with gospel salvation through a Messiah and Savior, but have come to really wonder about any who, in fact, denigrate Christ's deity, how they could have the Holy Spirit and, in essence, dispute John 1, fundamentals of gospel truth, right out of the gate. Only God can judge in the ultimate sense, but I suspect, really fear, that maybe there are many who don't need to pack a sweater, who don't seem to spiritually even know their God, rather know a lie.

Good post,

There are many on the Forum that believe they are saved because they believe that Jesus is the Christ. They have a head knowledge of Jesus, but they have not been born again.

Good post,

There are many on the Forum that believe they are saved because they believe that Jesus is the Christ. They have a head knowledge of Jesus, but they have not been born again.

Hey, good comment! Short and sweet, to the point, hitting the old nail on the head. It always reminds me of this verse, when contemplating "head faith," easy believism, that which is, actually, a "faith" that's not really repentant:

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Another verse some Laodiceans should really take to heart:

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

And, of course, God isn't mocked. We can't serve two masters. Lord means Master. We can't take a big helping of salvation, and skip on the repentance part, skip the total change of mind, skip on otherwise agreeing with the Lord on those things that don't tickle the ears, massage the ego or line the pockets.

Robert Pate

Banned
Hey, good comment! Short and sweet, to the point, hitting the old nail on the head. It always reminds me of this verse, when contemplating "head faith," easy believism, that which is, actually, a "faith" that's not really repentant:

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Another verse some Laodiceans should really take to heart:

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

And, of course, God isn't mocked. We can't serve two masters. Lord means Master. We can't take a big helping of salvation, and skip on the repentance part, skip the total change of mind, skip on otherwise agreeing with the Lord on those things that don't tickle the ears, massage the ego or line the pockets.

Repentance means that one believes in Jesus and his Gospel with his heart and not just his head.

The Gospel calls for a responce. No responce means no salvation.

KingdomRose

The resounding message of the New Testament is that "Jesus is Lord".

He is Lord because he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so has reconciled a world of lost sinners unto to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

"And you that were sometimes alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblamable in his sight" Colossians 1:21, 22.

Some of you will find this scripture so repulsive that you will not be able to read more. You really need to read more.

Some will say, "How can that be, how can Jesus reconcile lost, depraved sinners unto God.

Jesus comes into the world as God's new Adam and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17. He is the new representative of the human race. Our old representative sinned and brought judgment and death upon us, Romans 5:12. Our new representative brings the gift of righteousness and eternal life, Romans 5:18.

"Therefore as by the offense of one (Adam) judgment came upon ALL MEN to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one (Christ) the free gift came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

"Justification of life" means that Jesus has justified a world of lost sinners and has reconciled them unto God. Hang in there, we are not through yet. Keep in mind that Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners, Matthew 9:13. I am just telling you how he does that. He doesn't do it by rehabilitating their old Adamic nature. Instead he puts the whole human race to death in Jesus Christ, Romans 6:6. Not just our sins, but the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. If Jesus had NOT atoned for the sins of the world he would not be Lord.

When Jesus walked out of Joseph's new tomb a new humanity walked out with him. Jesus is God's new humanity. This is why Paul said, "If any man be "In Christ" he is a new creation" 2 Corinthians 5:17. We become new creations in Jesus Christ when we trust and believe in Jesus.

God is at peace with the world because of the doing and the dying of Jesus, "And having made peace through the blood of his cross by him to reconcile ALL THINGS unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth or things in heaven" Colossians 1:20.

I didn't come up with this on my own. Its in the Bible. The reason that God is at peace with the world is because...God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. That's right! God sees everything in his Son Jesus Christ. Isn't that what the scripture says?

Jesus now sits at the right hand of God as the "King of King and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. God has exalted Jesus and has given him a name above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father, Philippians 2:9-11.

Yes, exactly!

I don't know if you're saying that ALL people are automatically saved because Jesus died for the whole world, but that is clearly not true. A person has got to TAKE that free gift of Jesus' atonement; if he refuses, the wrath of God remains upon him. (John 3:36)

KingdomRose

"Nothing made him [Jesus] who he is..." Say what? Didn't Jesus say, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of himself, unless it is something he sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner"? (John 5:19, NASB) That's just one verse of many showing that Jesus LEARNED from the Father.

I believe that Jesus WAS the voice in the burning bush, and he was in the columns of fire and cloud that led Israel out of Egypt, and many more things, but he was God's representative, not God Himself. He was not "I Am" which is ludicrous if you put any effort into studying that. John 8:58 does not match Exodus 3:14, and the translation of John 8:58 is a botched-up piece of mangled word order! Spend a little time researching it. See how other translators have rendered Exodus 3:14. (For example: Rotherham translates it, "I Will Become Whatsoever I Please.") How does THAT match John 8:58?

You are making blasphemous statements, sir. Do more research before you cast aspersions on other people.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, exactly!

I don't know if you're saying that ALL people are automatically saved because Jesus died for the whole world, but that is clearly not true. A person has got to TAKE that free gift of Jesus' atonement; if he refuses, the wrath of God remains upon him. (John 3:36)

Right.

Salvation has been provided for all as a free gift from God, Ephesians 2:8.

To reject the gift is to bring judgment upon yourself.

Bradley D

He is Lord because he has perfected our fallen humanity through suffering, Hebrews 2:10, also Hebrews 10:14.

I believe Jesus is also Lord because He completed the Father's work given to Him.

"I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do" (John 17:4).

Robert Pate

Banned
I believe Jesus is also Lord because He completed the Father's work given to Him.

"I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do" (John 17:4).

Right. And his work was to reconcile a world of lost sinners unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Also Colossians 1:20-22.

No need for anyone to be lost. Salvation has been provided for all.

So that now... "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.