The Sabbath Law was broken by Joshua and the Levites at Jericho

beameup

YHWH said to Joshua, "See, I have given Jericho into your hand, with its king and the valiant warriors. You shall march around the city, all the men of war circling the city once. You shall do so for six days. Also seven priests shall carry seven trumpets of rams’ horns before the ark; then on the seventh day you shall march around the city seven times, and the priests shall blow the trumpets." - Joshua (Yeshua) 6:2-4

chair

YHWH said to Joshua, "See, I have given Jericho into your hand, with its king and the valiant warriors. You shall march around the city, all the men of war circling the city once. You shall do so for six days. Also seven priests shall carry seven trumpets of rams’ horns before the ark; then on the seventh day you shall march around the city seven times, and the priests shall blow the trumpets." - Joshua (Yeshua) 6:2-4

Ah, our favorite bigot is at it again. Did you notice who told the Israelites to do that?

beameup

Ah, our favorite bigot is at it again. Did you notice who told the Israelites to do that?

Our resident orthodox Jew says that Jesus "threw the Law overboard". In otherwords, the Law cannot be "broken" under any circumstances. So, if your child falls in the well on Sabbath, you are not allowed to rescue him. "It's THE LAW".

When "challenged" you simply start spewing slurs.

Israel, which followed after the LAW of righteousness, hath not attained to the LAW of righteousness, because they sought it not by FAITH, but as it were by the WORKS of the LAW
from Romans 9:31-32a

Last edited:

beameup

I assume that refers to me. I did not say anything at all about Jesus. You are lying. But I guess that is OK if it serves your purposes.

Are you in Israel? Do you attend a Yeshiva?
We have someone on the forum that fits that description.

Like I said, the Law was good, but when the Pharisees started adding massive burdensome "additions" to the Law through their man-made "oral law", then God intervened because they were misrepresenting God and His original purpose for the Law. Now, it is impossible to even obey the Law because there is no Temple since 70 A.D.. God never intended for the Law to prevent a Jew from healing someone or saving a life.

You can hate all of the people some of the time;
you can hate some of the people all of the time;
but you can't hate all of the people all of the time,
unless it's the Jews.

Torah Scholars began as soon as Torah was Given. Sure, they carried many different names throughout the years, but they've always been the same thing. Basically, p'rushiym means "commentator," but that doesn't really do it justice. It is literally a teacher who gives lectures to students on Torah. Today they're called Rabbis, big deal.

beameup

David and his men ate the sanctified holy bread of the Priests, thus violating the Law of Moses:
And the priest answered David, and said, There is no common bread under mine hand, but there is hallowed bread; if the young men have kept themselves at least from women. And David answered the priest, and said unto him, Of a truth women have been kept from us about these three days, since I came out, and the vessels of the young men are holy, and the bread is in a manner common, yea, though it were sanctified this day in the vessel. So the priest gave him hallowed bread: for there was no bread there but the shewbread, that was taken from before YHWH - 1 Samuel 21:4-6a

According to the Pharisee of 1st century A.D. this (or any violation of the Law) would have been a crime worthy of stoning.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Yoḥanon-benYaʿăqov;4772231 said:
Some people hate Muslims, some people hate Hindus, some people hate pretty much everything; but EVERYBODY hates the Jews.

I don't hate the Jews. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Sabbath Law was broken by Joshua and the Levites at Jericho

Would it be fair to say that this Christologicly ties into Hebrews 4?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

beameup

In Law, there is the Written Law and the Spirit of the Law.
The Written Law is something that cannot be broken under any circumstances.
The Spirit of the Law teaches the meaning behind the Law, however allows for
flexibility in certain circumstances such as saving a life.
Under the Pharisees, there was no excuse allowed for breaking the Law.
Under the Spirit of the Law, taught by Jesus, certain circumstances dictated
that it was right to deviate from the Law for a good reason.

Wick Stick

Positive commandments trump negative ones.

So if God commands you to commit genocide, then you can lawfully do it even on the Sabbath.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

What verse says that the six days began on the first day of the week?