The role of the Evangelist in the Church one of equipping others to share the gospel?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Is the role of the Evangelist in the Church one of equipping others to share the gospel?

Is there a specific role in the Church, of anyone, for equipping others to share the gospel?

Tigger 2

Matt. 24:14 "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached [or 'proclaimed'] throughout the world as a witness to all nations, and then the end will come." - NAB.

Matt. 28:19, 20 - Jesus speaks to his disciples: "Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations .... teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you."- NAB.

If Jesus' disciples are to make more disciples throughout the world as commanded, and those new disciples are to do the same, and so on, then all Christians should be doing so (not just a few called 'evangelists').

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Matt. 24:14 "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached [or 'proclaimed'] throughout the world as a witness to all nations, and then the end will come." - NAB.

Matt. 28:19, 20 - Jesus speaks to his disciples: "Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations .... teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you."- NAB.

If Jesus' disciples are to make more disciples throughout the world as commanded, and those new disciples are to do the same, and so on, then all Christians should be doing so (not just a few called 'evangelists').
Evangelists do exist but is there a gift of evangelism?

Tigger 2

Yes, there are some today who are called evangelists. But do they all speak as one? Do they preach and teach without charge?

Tigger 2

You don't believe that those disciples sent forth by Jesus actually taught anything different from what he had taught, do you? They wouldn't interpret any scripture differently from how Jesus did, would they? Ro. 15:5,6; Phil. 1:27, 28. But compare the "evangelists of today. Do they agree in everything they teach?

Did Jesus or his apostles request money for their teachings? Yes, they would stay with people who fed them, but they did not ever ask for money from the many crowds they taught. Aren't Christians supposed to follow the example set by Jesus? - Matt. 10:7, 8, NRSV. But compare the example of "evangelists" today.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You don't believe that those disciples sent forth by Jesus actually taught anything different from what he had taught, do you? They wouldn't interpret any scripture differently from how Jesus did, would they? Ro. 15:5,6; Phil. 1:27, 28. But compare the "evangelists of today. Do they agree in everything they teach?

Did Jesus or his apostles request money for their teachings? Yes, they would stay with people who fed them, but they did not ever ask for money from the many crowds they taught. Aren't Christians supposed to follow the example set by Jesus? - Matt. 10:7, 8, NRSV. But compare the example of "evangelists" today.
What is the worker is worthy of his hire about?

I do not have a translation for these words, but I see a verse.

Is this about an evangelist? What do you think?