The New Covenant and Capital Punishment; Are they Compatible?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I would like to discuss the Torah and Civil Law, but as a new covenant believer I must, possibly first, answer the question of if capital punishment (the death penalty) is in agreement with the new covenant? That is the purpose of this thread and discussing this question at this time.

The consequences are that the Torah and Civil Law, the Old Covenant Law, either remains (Would this only be for the nation of Israel? Or, is there such a thing as a God fearing nation apart from the nation of Israel that observes God's Law or even some portion of it?), or the New Covenant has brought a change of law, a new law, or no law at all. Is it basic to believe that the new covenant does not do away with the old covenant? Does the new covenant change the old covenant in any way?

The Prophet Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 31:33 NASB - 33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

The Messiah Jesus.

Matthew 5:17 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

The Apostle Paul.

Romans 3:19 NASB - 19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God;

Ephesians 2:15 NASB - 15 by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace,

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus and his Gospel are the New Covenant.

In the Gospel Jesus fulfills all of the demands of God's Holy Law and then abolishes it, Ephesians 2:15.

The "Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules, laws or religion.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus and his Gospel are the New Covenant.

In the Gospel Jesus fulfills all of the demands of God's Holy Law and then abolishes it, Ephesians 2:15.

The "Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules, laws or religion.

Do you believe Jesus did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are not in the new covenant. You admitted you sin occasionally. If you were in the NC, your flesh would never sin keeping all the law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I would like to know about the death penalty or capital punishment from Torah law and the Civil Law of Israel associated with it, which is God’s Law, and whether or not the death penalty exists for the new covenant believer in Jesus as the Christ or Yeshua as the Messiah whether Israel or the Gentiles, Jews or Greeks according to the gospel either in the church or in the context of society and even for the non-believer since the new covenant came to be.

http://www.thenarrowpath.com/archive/TNP160505H.mp3

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nick M,

Who are you addressing?

Jacob

You. You said you try to keep it all but don't. If you were in the NC, you would keep all of his statutes.

And the death penalty given to man is not a part of salvation. If John W murdered 600 people tomorrow, he would not lose his salvation. But he should be executed for it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You. You said you try to keep it all but don't. If you were in the NC, you would keep all of his statutes.

And the death penalty given to man is not a part of salvation. If John W murdered 600 people tomorrow, he would not lose his salvation. But he should be executed for it.
I don't understand why you are saying you believe I try. I have heard that trying is lying. Actually obeying God's commands is what all people should do and the standard to which believers are held. This is the same for all of God's covenants with man. Even as a new covenant believer I understand Jesus did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets.