The Mechanics of the Gospel

Robert Pate

Banned
MECHANICS: The technical aspect of anything.

Having studied the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ for over 40 years with some of the most prominent Christians scholars of our time, means that I am more than qualified to teach this subject. Please stay with me even if you don't agree with me, you are bound to learn something.

The Old Testament is a record of man's inability to please a Holy God. This is why Paul wrote, "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.The Bible does NOT teach that sinful man can be reconciled unto God by the works or by obedience of the law, Galatians 3:11. The Catholic church is in error. Man's sinful nature cannot be rehabilitated by works, law or religion. Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20. The law can be defined as any religious thing that we do.

Having established that man is a hopeless sinner that cannot save himself, we can move on to see that if sinful man is to be saved salvation must come to him totally and completely outside of himself. It has in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. The Gospel calls all religious thought and all religions into question. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is not compatible with Calvinism, Catholicism or any organized religion. It is not the Gospel plus something, it is the Gospel plus nothing. If it is the Gospel plus something, then it is not the Gospel. It is a false Gospel or another Gospel, Galatians 1:6-10. There is only one Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and that also reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

In the Gospel God clothes himself in human flesh and becomes one with us, but not one of us. Jesus, as God's new Adam comes into the world as humanities representative to do for humanity what humanity cannot do for its self. Before sinful man can be saved God demands that his Holy law that was broken by Adam be restored. Jesus, in our name and on our behalf, offers to God the Father a life of perfect obedience to his Holy Law. It was the life of Jesus that fulfilled God's law and was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

That was not enough, something had to be done about our sins and the sins of the world. In our name and on our behalf Jesus, who knew no sin becomes sin for us, 2 Corinthians 5:21. Jesus atones not only for our sins, but for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36. Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:14, 15, and in doing so has reconciled us and the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Jesus at the right hand of God in heaven means that our salvation is safe and secure, Hebrews 1:3.

God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. The law has been fulfilled, sin has been atoned for, God now sees all of humanity as perfect and complete in Christ. But we know that not all want to be perfect and complete in Christ. Many would prefer hell than to be with Christ in heaven. Only those who embrace Christ and his Gospel will be saved. This is why Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:16. Not by laws, rules or religion, but by faith in the doing and the dying of Jesus. Because of the work of Christ it is now possible for those who do nothing more than call on the name of the Lord to be saved, Romans 10:13.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Because of the work of Christ it is now possible for those who do nothing more than call on the name of the Lord to be saved, Romans 10:13.

Men began calling on the name of the LORD in the days of Enos. (Genesis 4:26)

chair

MECHANICS: The technical aspect of anything.

Having studied the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ for over 40 years with some of the most prominent Christians scholars of our time, means that I am more than qualified to teach this subject. Please stay with me even if you don't agree with me, you are bound to learn something.

I have learned something.
You are even more arrogant than I thought.

Robert Pate

Banned
I have learned something.
You are even more arrogant than I thought.

Actually becoming a Christian is a rather humbling thing. Not much arrogance in it.

You have to come to Christ as a repentant sinner, looking to Jesus to save you. Something that you need to do.