The Importance of Professing Your Faith in Christ Before Others

Robert Pate

Banned
When I first became a Christian at the age of 34, I was concerned about what people would say about me. At that time there were many Pentecostal preachers on TV. I did not want to be identified with them. After I read the following scripture I decided that it didn't matter what others thought about me.

"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 10:32, 33.

The next Sunday the preacher of the Baptist church that I had joined allowed me to stand up in front of the congregation of about 400 to 500 people and profess my faith in Christ. After that I told everybody that I knew that I was now a born again Christian. My new life in Christ was a radical change from my old life in the flesh. I was determined to live for him who died for me.

Soon after my profession of faith in Christ I went through a testing period. I made some bad business decisions that caused me to lose all of my worldly possessions. The early 70's were some bad times. In spite of my material loss I remained faithful to my profession in Christ. This caused me to be persecuted by many unbelievers, some of who were my employers. Because I was faithful in my witness for Christ and his Gospel, the Lord has restored the years that the Locust had eaten.

Robert Pate

Banned
There is no such thing as a secret Christian.

If you have trusted in Christ to save you from your sins then you have been born again and are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. It is the work of the Holy Spirit to make you a witness for Christ and his Gospel.

Paul said, "We are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

The church does not teach us how to be Christians. It is the Holy Spirits work to lead and teach us to be effective Christians.

Alaya

There is no such thing as a secret Christian.

If you have trusted in Christ to save you from your sins then you have been born again and are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. It is the work of the Holy Spirit to make you a witness for Christ and his Gospel.

Paul said, "We are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

The church does not teach us how to be Christians. It is the Holy Spirits work to lead and teach us to be effective Christians.

Amen. :)

Robert Pate

Banned
Many believe that it is the duty of the church to teach us how to be effective Christians.

When I first became a Christian I joined a Baptist church. They thought it was their duty to teach me how to live as a Christian. They never did acknowledge the fact that I was indwelt with the Holy Spirit, who is the Christians teacher and guide, John 16:13.

What I heard was a lot of do's and dont's and little to nothing about what Christ had accomplished in my name and on my behalf. The results were that I became a first class Pharisee. If it wasn't for some people that were outside of the organized church that taught me the Gospel and justification by faith I would still be a Pharisee. When the Gospel finally permeated my thick religious skull all of my religious chains fell off and I became God's free man in Jesus Christ.