THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING POLITICAL TODAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The first time I voted was in 1980 and I voted for Ronald Reagan. I wasn't even that interested in politics when I voted, however, I got the urge to do so and felt it was the right thing to do. I was very happy that I voted for Reagan and thought he did a fantastic job. I grew up in a Democratic family and was taught that the Democrats stood for the poor and middle class while the Republican party was for the rich. I suppose I voted for Reagan on the basis of him being an actor? I've always been a movie buff and most likely Reagan received my vote for that reason.

Because of voting for Reagan and seeing the fine job he did I decided to vote Republican from then on. So, when the 2016 election came around, of course, I was inclined to vote for Trump. It was really horrific seeing the backlash that occurred after Hillary lost the election. Who would have imagined what would transpire once Trump entered office? Right away, a day or so before Trump even had a chance to enter the Oval office, Maxine Waters and her ilk were asking for his impeachment. That was insane. Then, immediately after Trump settles in, Antifa and Black Lives Matter rise up and begin to protest and riot in the streets of our nation. Pretty soon, Antifa members become verbally and physically violent and start attacking Trump supporters and calling them 'Nazis.' Antifa also broke store windows, started fires, began to beat people in the head with bike locks and sticks. These ruthless protestors start blocking Freeways/highways and city streets.

Almost immediately, the far-left Democratic Party and a small band of Republican (Never Trumpers) began their obstructionist behavior. The media, Hollywood, etc, get into the act, and suddenly CNN and their ilk began a 24/7 verbal assault on Trump and his administration. Due to these malicious attacks on our duly elected President our nation is, at present, a divided nation. Trump is attacked from every angle imaginable on a daily basis. He's accused of all sorts of so-called crimes and a number of opportunists from his past are continuing to crawl out of the woodwork like so many cockroaches.

Never in my lifetime (I'll be 68 this year) have I witnessed so much animus due to an election? The far-left, no matter what they say, are seeking to destroy the first and second Amendments. They're trying to bring down our country and rebuild it in their image. They're trying to make us accept their 'theories' that there are more than just two genders. I've heard they've imagined, at least 30 to 50 different gender possibilities. Recently, they literally destroyed the Boy Scouts. Growing up, I was a Cub Scout and a member of the 'Indian Guides.' The left was successful in bringing down the 'Indian Guides.' No doubt, because the club was considered 'Racist?'

All areas of life in our country are under siege today. The far-left Democratic Party is at war with the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. The New York Times just wished 'Karl Marx' a Happy Birthday? The far-left doesn't want our nation to be protected from illegal entry, because they want to garner votes from these foreigners. California's even considering becoming its own nation. If the far-left Democratic Party has their way and takes over the seat of power in our nation, our entire lifestyles and everything else will change for the worst. It's extremely important to vote against these enemies of Patriotism. I hope and pray that Trump wins a second term in 2020? He's accomplishing many things in spite of the attacks from the left.

glorydaz

It's hard to believe...as if another civil war is taking place. The swamp certainly needed to be drained, and they are fighting like hell to keep it from happening. The depth of the swamp is what surprises me.

I give Trump great credit that he is still standing strong. I'm not sure anyone else would be.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's hard to believe...as if another civil war is taking place. The swamp certainly needed to be drained, and they are fighting like hell to keep it from happening. The depth of the swamp is what surprises me.

I give Trump great credit that he is still standing strong. I'm not sure anyone else would be.

Excellent post and discernment, Glorydaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.