The I Am Delusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
THE I AM DELUSION

Matt 16:13-17
13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?"
14 So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
17 Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
John 7:39-43
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
40 Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
41 Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
43 So there was a division among the people because of him.
John 7:51-52
51 Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?
52 They answered and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee? Search, and look: for out of Galilee ariseth no prophet.
John 8:1-2
1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
John 8:12
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
John 8:16-18
16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
John 8:21
21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
John 8:23-24
23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
John 8:28-29
28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
John 8:58-59
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
(KJV)
xxx Jesus was teaching in the temple and they were questioning Him on whether or not He was the Christ. Then they all went home and came back the next day to question Him some more. When Jesus told them: you will die in your sins if you do not believe that I am He. Then in verse 58 Jesus was telling them that even before Abraham that I am . But they picked up stones to throw at Him so they cut Jesus off in the middle of His sentance and Jesus got out of there. Jesus was claiming that" I AM He" the Christ. Jesus was not claiming He was God.
verse 24 and 28 Jesus said it, I am he. Jesus was saying He was the Christ that they were speaking of in John 7-41. But in is obvious why they didnt understand from John 7-39 they havent received the Holy Spirit yet. And even today many do not know the Spirit and get deceived in the verses.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is no delusion:

I am the bread of life John 6:35
I am the light of the world John 8:12
I am the gate John 10:7,9
I am the good shepherd John 10:11, 14
I am the resurrection and the life John 11:25
I am the way, the truth, and the life John 14:6
I am the true vine John 15:1, 5

No wonder he said before Abraham was I AM.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
LOL And yet none of them say "I am God". Interesting.

But that has nothing to do with the question now does it. Was Jesus the Christ?

40 Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
41 Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?

And Jesus told them,

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

And when He was about to say it again they took up rocks to stone Him So in the middle of His sentence He said

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
LOL And yet none of them say "I am God". Interesting.

But that has nothing to do with the question now does it. Was Jesus the Christ?

And Jesus told them,

And when He was about to say it again they took up rocks to stone Him So in the middle of His sentence He said

And what were they going to stone Him for.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
And what were they going to stone Him for.

I said
The Jews didn't have the Holy Spirit, it wasn't given yet. And because of there ignorance they thought Jesus was claiming to be God and He wasn't. Jesus was claiming to be the Christ.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

But people who don't have the Holy Spirit will never come up with the right understanding.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]“I am Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last,” was added to verse 1:11.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 1:11 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]KJ21[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “I am Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What thou seest, write in a book and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia: unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ASV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, What thou seest, write in a book and send it to the seven churches: unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamum, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AMP[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “Write on a scroll what you see [in this revelation], and send it to the seven churches—to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AMPC[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saying, I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last. Write promptly what you see (your vision) in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia—to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BRG[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CSB[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CEB[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It said, “Write down on a scroll whatever you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CJB[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “Write down what you see on a scroll, and send it to the seven Messianic communities — Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CEV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The voice said, “Write in a book what you see. Then send it to the seven churches in Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DARBY[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, What thou seest write in a book, and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DLNT[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying “Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches— to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea”.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DRA[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saying: What thou seest, write in a book, and send to the seven churches which are in Asia, to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamus, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ERV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It said, “Write down in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ESV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ESVUK[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]EXB[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The voice said, “Write what you see in a ·book [scroll] and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea [C locations in western Asia Minor, present-day Turkey].”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]GNV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, that first and that last: and that which thou seest write in a book, and send it unto the seven Churches which are in Asia, unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]GW[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “Write on a scroll what you see, and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]GNT[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It said, “Write down what you see, and send the book to the churches in these seven cities: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HCSB[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ICB[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The voice said, “Write what you see and send that book to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ISV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “Write on a scroll what you see, and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PHILLIPS[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I, John, who am your brother and your companion in the distress, the kingdom and the faithful endurance to which Jesus calls us, was on the island called Patmos because I had spoken God’s message and borne witness to Jesus. On the Lord’s day I knew myself inspired by the Spirit, and I heard from behind me a voice loud as a trumpet-call saying, “Write down in a book what you see, and send it to the seven Churches—to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]JUB[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]that said, I AM the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, and What thou seest, write in a book and send it unto the seven congregations which are in Asia: unto Ephesus and unto Smyrna and unto Pergamos and unto Thyatira and unto Sardis and unto Philadelphia and unto Laodicea.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]KJV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AKJV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LEB[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TLB[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “I am A and Z, the First and Last!” And then I heard him say, “Write down everything you see, and send your letter to the seven churches in Turkey: to the church in Ephesus, the one in Smyrna, and those in Pergamos, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MSG[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I, John, with you all the way in the trial and the Kingdom and the passion of patience in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of God’s Word, the witness of Jesus. It was Sunday and I was in the Spirit, praying. I heard a loud voice behind me, trumpet-clear and piercing: “Write what you see into a book. Send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, Laodicea.” I turned and saw the voice. I saw a gold menorah with seven branches, And in the center, the Son of Man, in a robe and gold breastplate, hair a blizzard of white, Eyes pouring fire-blaze, both feet furnace-fired bronze, His voice a cataract, right hand holding the Seven Stars, His mouth a sharp-biting sword, his face a perigee sun. I saw this and fainted dead at his feet. His right hand pulled me upright, his voice reassured me:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MEV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and “What you see, write in a book, and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MOUNCE[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “Write what you see on a scroll and send it to the seven churches—to Ephesus, · Smyrna, · Pergamum, · Thyatira, · Sardis, · Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NOG[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NABRE[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]which said, “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NASB[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NCV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The voice said, “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NET[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying: “Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven churches—to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NIRV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The voice said, “Write on a scroll what you see. Send it to the seven churches in Asia Minor. They are Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NIV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NIVUK[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]which said: ‘Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NKJV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NLV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It said, “(*I am the First and the Last.) Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven churches. They are in the cities of Ephesus and Smyrna and Pergamum and Thyatira and Sardis and Philadelphia and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NLT[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It said, “Write in a book everything you see, and send it to the seven churches in the cities of Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NRSV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamum, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NRSVA[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, ‘Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamum, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NRSVACE[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, ‘Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamum, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NRSVCE[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamum, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NTE[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]‘Write down what you see in a book,’ it said, ‘and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OJB[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saying, Ani Hu the Aleph and the Tav, HaRishon (The first) and HaAcharon (The last): and, What you see [in the chazon], write in a sefer and send it to the sheva (seven) HaKehillot, to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea. [YESHAYAH 30:8][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RSV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Per′gamum and to Thyati′ra and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to La-odice′a.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RSVCE[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Per′gamum and to Thyati′ra and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to La-odice′a.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TLV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “Write what you see in a scroll, and send it to Messiah’s seven communities—to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]VOICE[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A Voice:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [I am the Alpha and the Omega, the very beginning and the very end.] Make a book of what you see, write it down, and send it to the seven churches [which are in Asia]: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WEB[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying, “ What you see, write in a book and send to the seven assemblies : to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WE[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The voice said, `Write what you see in a book. Send it to the seven churches in the cities of Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.'[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WYC[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]saying to me, Write thou in a book that thing that thou seest [saying, That thing that thou seest, write in a book], and send to the seven churches that be in Asia; to Ephesus, [and] to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]YLT[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]`I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last;' and, `What thou dost see, write in a scroll, and send to the seven assemblies that [are] in Asia; to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.'[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]In the Greek and Hebrew there is the word "I," but there is no such words as "I am."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I am" is an interpretation for "I Lived" also here in John 8. I Lived" is the trans-literal.[/FONT]
[h=3][FONT=&quot]John 8:58[/FONT][/h] [FONT=&quot]New International Version (NIV)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]58 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Very truly I tell you,”[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Jesus answered, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“before Abraham was born, I am!” [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
And in Matthew 26 and Mark 14 we have the same story with two different acknowledgements.

Matthew 26:62. Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, "Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?"
63. But Jesus remained silent. The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God."
64. "Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Mark 14:60. Then the high priest stood up before them and asked Jesus, "Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?" 61. But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer.
Again the high priest asked him, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?"

62. "I am," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

[/FONT]

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
The Jews didn't have the Holy Spirit, it wasn't given yet. And because of there ignorance they thought Jesus was claiming to be God and He wasn't. Jesus was claiming to be the Christ.

But people who don't have the Holy Spirit will never come up with the right understanding.

Whether they had the Holy Spirit or not is irrelevant. They knew according to their religious tradition that He was claiming to be God.

Status
Not open for further replies.