The "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ Verses the Catholic Church

Robert Pate

Banned
The Catholic church is a false church for the simple reason that they do not believe in the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ. They believe that the Gospel is Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

The Gospel that Paul received from Jesus Christ, Galatians 1:11, 12. justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. The Catholic church does not teach the "Historical Gospel" nor do they believe in it.

The sin is within. Man is indwelt with sin. If the sin is within, then the salvation must be without. "Sinners cannot save sinners, nor can sinners save themselves" The old Adamic nature of man cannot be rehabilitated. It is possible to subdue the evil nature of man by the Holy Spirit, but it cannot be annihilated by the works of the law or through religion. Trying to annihilate the fallen nature of man through works or obedience to the law will only produce more sin, Romans 7:7-12. Religion has proven this to be true.

In the "Historical Gospel" God puts to death the old Adamic nature in Jesus Christ. This is why Paul said, "I have been crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live" Galatians 2:20. The whole human race was put to death in Jesus Christ, Romans 6:6. In the resurrection of Jesus God has brought forth a new humanity, "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things have passed away; behold all things have become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17. If you are not "In Christ" then you are in that old humanity that was put to death in Jesus Christ. You are dead in trespasses and sins, Ephesians 2:1 and need to be born again into God's new humanity, 1 Peter 1:23.

Salvation is by simple faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. The reason that salvation is by faith alone, is because salvation is by Christ alone. Jesus Christ as our substitute and representative has done all that is necessary for the salvation of fallen man. In Jesus Christ we have been, justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Catholic church is a false church for the simple reason that they do not believe in the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ. They believe that the Gospel is Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Ah, yes, we need more bigotry. You're setting a fine example, Robert.

:blabla:

Cruciform

The Catholic Church is a false church for the simple reason that they do not believe in the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ. They believe that the Gospel is Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
You are completely and utterly clueless regarding the Catholic faith, as this and every other one of your posts plainly demonstrates. Here you scored two categorically incorrect statements in as many sentences. Brilliant.

Robert Pate

Banned
You are completely and utterly clueless regarding the Catholic faith, as this and every other one of your posts plainly demonstrates. Here you scored two categorically incorrect statements in as many sentences. Brilliant.

I can understand where you are coming from.

Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

Works and religion are not of faith. They are the opposite of faith. People that are living by faith in Christ and his Gospel don't need religion. They have entered into his rest.

"For he that has entered into his rest, he has also ceased from his own works, as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

You have NOT entered into his rest. You cannot trust in the redeeming work of Christ for your salvation. You must have your Catholic religion. You have faith in the Catholic church, but you do not believe that you are saved by the substitutionary work of Christ that was done on your behalf.

People usually have faith or they have religion. Unfortunately you have religion, which means that you are outside of the faith and are under the wrath of God, Hebrews 4:3.

beloved57

I can understand where you are coming from.

Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

Works and religion are not of faith. They are the opposite of faith. People that are living by faith in Christ and his Gospel don't need religion. They have entered into his rest.

"For he that has entered into his rest, he has also ceased from his own works, as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

You have NOT entered into his rest. You cannot trust in the redeeming work of Christ for your salvation. You must have your Catholic religion. You have faith in the Catholic church, but you do not believe that you are saved by the substitutionary work of Christ that was done on your behalf.

People usually have faith or they have religion. Unfortunately you have religion, which means that you are outside of the faith and are under the wrath of God, Hebrews 4:3.

Hey, you teach salvation by works, by what a person does.

Robert Pate

Banned
Hey, you teach salvation by works, by what a person does.

You poor unfortunate soul.

You can't believe the Gospel because you don't have faith.

You want to be saved some other way because of your inability to trust in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

There is no other way, John 14:6. The only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ.

beloved57

You poor unfortunate soul.

You can't believe the Gospel because you don't have faith.

You want to be saved some other way because of your inability to trust in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

There is no other way, John 14:6. The only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ.
You teach salvation by works, by what a person does. You teach that millions for whom Christ died shall wind up lost! That's a denial of the Saving death of Christ.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach salvation by works, by what a person does. You teach that millions for whom Christ died shall wind up lost! That's a denial of the Saving death of Christ.

God created man to receive.

Everything that we have, we have received it.

God does not impose anything on anyone, it must be received.

Only a blind fool like yourself believes that salvation has been imposed.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the church Jesus built on a rock determines what is the gospel
-the church and only the church has that authority

Robert Pate

Banned
the church Jesus built on a rock determines what is the gospel
-the church and only the church has that authority

HOGWASH!

The Gospel is revealed in the scriptures for all to read and believe.

When the scripture says... "God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

What do you think this scripture means? If God has already reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, then what good is your Catholic church?

beloved57

God created man to receive.

Everything that we have, we have received it.

God does not impose anything on anyone, it must be received.

Only a blind fool like yourself believes that salvation has been imposed.
You still teach salvation by works and you cheapen the effects of Christ Savings death!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You still teach salvation by works and you cheapen the effects of Christ Savings death!

what does that mean?
-no one is saved without the redemption of Christ
-no one is saved without repentance
-no one is saved without forgiveness
-no one is saved without mercy

beloved57

what does that mean?
-no one is saved without the redemption of Christ
-no one is saved without repentance
-no one is saved without forgiveness
-no one is saved without mercy
Read my threads and find out what I mean!

beloved57

Calvinism subverts the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ. You will not escape the judgment of God by participating in that devious work.
You subvert the Gospel by teaching that sinners Christ died for will wind up in hell.