The Greek Word Ethnos In Matthew 24: 14 and In Romans 11: 25

northwye

The Greek Word Ethnos In Matthew 24: 14 and In Romans 11: 25

"Fulness of the Gentiles Has Come

Robert Stearns shares a prophetic dream in November 2007 at a Family Foundations Conference. This is a fascinating dream and revelation from God........."

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." Matthew 24: 14 - nations is from εθνεσιν, a form of ethnos.

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in." Romans 11: 25 Gentiles is from the same Greek word, found in Matthew 24: 14, εθνων, a form of ethnos.

When the Gospel has been preached to all ethnos, then the end is here.

Strong's Greek: 1484. ἔθνος (ethnos) -- a race, a nation, pl ... - Bible Hub
biblehub.com/greek/1484.htm, ethnos: a race, a nation, pl. the nations (as distinct from Isr.) ... Forms and Transliterations. εθνει έθνει ἔθνει έθνεσι εθνεσιν έθνεσιν ἔθνεσιν εθνη έθνη ἔθνη εθνος έθνος ἔθνος εθνους έθνους ἔθνους εθνων εθνών ἐθνῶν ethne ethnē éthne

In translating ethnos as Gentiles, instead of nations or peoples, in Romans 11: 25, it is much easier to make the interpretation of Romans 11: 25 into a doctrine saying that at some time all Gentiles God intends to save will have been saved, and then God will turn to his "earthly chosen people" again (Lewis S. Chafer) and save them, so that a "dispensation" of Law for the chosen people comes into existence.

Is this doctrine consistent with New Testament doctrine?

The Christian Zionists say or imply that the nation called Israel is now the chosen people because of their bloodline. But - "He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second." Hebrews 10: 9.

"The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts." Haggai 2: 9.

"But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8. How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
9. For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
10. For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
11. For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious." II Corinthians 3: 7-11.

II Corinthians 3: 11 is teaching the same doctrine that is taught in Hebrews 10: 9, that Christ did away with the Old Covenant, though both verses are subtle.

"For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7. Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed." Romans 9: 6-8..

"Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all."Galatians 4: 24-26

Interplanner

Mt 24:14 is one reason why the end of the world and day of judgement was expected right after the DofJ. Since that did not happen, we have to find a reason or allowance for history to go on, which is 'only the Father knows.'

It is not that v14 is misplaced in 24A, but that that immediate succession of the day of judgement was the original plan, and a delay is now in place.

So: do you think the question in 2 Pet 3 'where is the promised coming?' is about the 1st coming (Gospel) or the 2nd coming (Judgement)?

northwye

"...but that that immediate succession of the day of judgement was the original plan, and a delay is now in place."

This sounds to me like the kind of change the dispensationalist-Christian Zionists made, without starting their theology from a set of scriptures, for example, that God now has two peoples, Old Covenant Israel and the Church. Where is a doctrine saying that judgement was to immediately follow the appearing of Christ found in scripture?

This is not the issue of this thread. The issue is about the translation of ethnos in Matthew 24: 14 and in Romans 11: 25, and why is ethnos translated as Gentiles in Romans 11: 25 in the Tyndale New Testament, the Geneva Bible and in the King James?

Jerome's Vulgate - online - for Matthew 24: 14 says "et praedicabitur hoc evangelium regni in universo orbe in testimonium omnibus gentibus et tunc veniet consummatio." Jerome translaes ethnos as gentibus, Gentiles.

Jerome's Vulgate for Romans 11: 15: "nolo enim vos ignorare fratres mysterium hoc ut non sitis vobis ipsis sapientes quia caecitas ex parte contigit in Israhel donec plenitudo gentium intraret" He translates ethnos again in Romans 11: 25 as gentium, or Gentiles.

The John Wycliff New Testament - 1382-1395 - for Matthew 24: 14 says "And this gospel of the kyngdom schal be prechid in al the world, in witnessyng to al folc; and thanne the ende schal come." This is interesting because Wycliff does not follow the Jerome Vulgate and translate ethnos as Gentiles; he uses folk, spelling it "folc."

Wycliffe for Romans 11: 25 says "But, britheren, Y wole not that ye vnknowen this mysterie, that ye be not wise to you silf; for blyndenesse hath feld a parti in Israel, til that the plente of hethene men entride," Wycliffe tanslates ethnos in Romans 11: 25 as heathen, spelling it "hethene."

Here is the Tyndale New Testament of 1526 for Matthew 24: 14: "And this gladtidingees of the kyngdome shalbe preached in all the worlde for a witnes vnto all nacions: and then shall the ende come."

Tyndale breaks with the Jerome Vulgate and translates ethnos as nations rather than as Gentiles. Wycliff in 1382-95 translated ethnos in Matthew 24: 14 as folk, which could be considered to be more accurate for that verse than Gentiles, because we can assume that Matthew meant that when all the people God intended to save, regardless of their race, are saved, then the end would come.

But - here is Tyndale's translation of Romans 11: 15: "I wolde not that this secrete shuld be hyd fro you my brethren (lest ye shuld be wyse in youre awne consaytes) that partly blyndnes is happened in Israel vntyll ye fulnes of the gentyls be come in:" Tyndale has Gentiles for ethnos and the Geneva Bible and the King James follow Tyndale in using Gentiles. Why?

Gentiles are a specific group of people, that is,they are all who are not Jewish, while folk, people, or even nations. would include both Gentiles and Jews.

According to http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/nas/ethnos.html ethnos is used 151 times in the New Testament.

The translation of ethnos for all books of the New Testament can be found at ;http://biblehub.com/greek/strongs_1484.htm#

And Tyndale's New Testament online is at: http://wesley.nnu.edu/sermons-essays-books/william-tyndales-translation/

In Acts the King James Version uses Gentiles for ethnos 28 times. It translates ethnos as nations 12 t1mes, as heathen one time and as people once.

For Romans the King Jams Version translates ethnos as Gentiles 18 times and as nation or nations 4 times.

There is a great deal of agreement between the King James Version and the Tyndale New Testament in the translation of ethnos for Acts and Romans. For Acts there are five disagreements in the translation of ethnos between the King James Version ad the Tyndale Bible.

For Acts 10: 22 the King James has nation and Tyndale has people. For Acts 11: 1 the King James has Gentiles and the Tyndale has heathen. For Acts 24: 10 the King James uses nation while Tyndale has people. And for Acts 28: 19 the King James has nation and Tyndale uses people.

Then for Romans the King James uses nations in Romans 1: 5 while Tyndale uses people. For Romans 10: 19, the Greek says αλλα λεγω μη ουκ εγνω ισραηλ πρωτος μωσης λεγει εγω παραζηλωσω υμας επ ουκ εθνει επι εθνει ασυνετω παροργιω υμας

There are two uses of εθνει, ethnos, in Romans 10: 19. The King James says "But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you." Them that are no people and a foolish nation are one and the same, hat is those who are not Jews.

The Tyndale Bible for Romans 10: 19 has "But I demaunde whether Israel dyd knowe or not? Fyrst Moses sayth: I will provoke you for to envy by they that are no people and by a folisshe nacion I will anger you."

The King James follows the Tyndale Bible in using people for the first use of ethnos and nation for the second time ethnos appears in this sentence. This is an example of how ethnos can be translated as either people or nations and have the same meaning. However, when the sentence indicates that ethnos is being used to identify those who are not Jews, the translation as Gentiles is correct. This can be seen in Romans 11: 12, "Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?"

Then Paul changes the subject and starts talking about those in unbelief being broken off with the possibility of some of Old Covenant Israel being saved.

"For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17. And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18. Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19. Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
20. Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21. For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23. And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again."

In Romans 11: 25-26, "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:"

Paul has taught in Romans 9: 6-8 that "For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7. Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed."

In Romans 11: 25 the Greek word achri, Strong's number 891, is translated as until.

Achri is translated in the New Testament as until, while, to, unto,

Here are examples of the translation of Achri as while, to, unto, rather than as until:

Luke 4:13: "he departed from him for a season."
Acts 2:29: "his sepulcher is with us unto this day."
Acts 11:5: "corners; and it came even to me:"
Acts 11:5: "corners; and it came even to me:"
Acts 13:6: "when they had gone through the isle unto Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer,"
Acts 13:11: "seeing the sun for a season."
Acts 13:11: "seeing the sun for a season."
Acts 20:4: "And there accompanied him into Asia Sopater of Berea; and"
Acts 20:11: "and talked a long while, even till break of day, so he departed."
Acts 22:4: "persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering"
Acts 22:22: "And they gave him audience unto this word, and then lifted up"
Acts 23:1: "good conscience before God unto this day."
Acts 26:22: "of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both"
Acts 27:33: "And while the day was coming on, Paul besought"
Acts 28:15: "to meet us as far as Appii Forum, and The Three"
1 Corinthians 4:11: "Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and"
2 Corinthians 10:13: "a measure to reach even unto you."
Hebrews 3:13: "exhort one another daily, while it"
Hebrews 4:12: "sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and"
Hebrews 6:11: "the full assurance of hope unto the end:"
Revelation 2:10: "days; be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee"
Revelation 2:26: "keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power"
Revelation 12:11: "not their lives unto the death."
Revelation 14:20: "out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of"
Revelation 18:5: "her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered"

In Acts 2; 29, "...let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day." Unto is translated from achri. "εξον ειπειν μετα παρρησιας προς υμας περι του πατριαρχου δαβιδ οτι και ετελευτησεν και εταφη και το μνημα αυτου εστιν εν ημιν αχρι της ημερας ταυτης"

"His tomb is with us unto this day" does not mean his tomb is no longer with us when this day occurs.

"But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin." Hebrews 3: 13. While is from αχρις. achrai.

"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:" Revelation 2: 26. Unto is from αχρι, achri.

"...blindness in part is happened to Israel, unto (αχρις) the reaching (εισελθη)
of the completion (πληρωμα) of the people (εθνων). "οτι πωρωσις απο μερους τω ισραηλ γεγονεν αχρις ου το πληρωμα των εθνων εισελθη"

daqq

Here is the problem Northwye: without the Testimony-Doctrine of Yeshua, which is the foundation of Paul, one cannot understand Paul. For this reason none of the people or translators or their translations which you have mentioned thus far understood any of these things and were simply guessing when it comes to ethnos in passages such as Romans 11:25. For instance you say that Paul teaches the law being done away in subtle terms within the 2 Corinthians 3: 7-11 passage but a careful reading clearly shows that he speaks of the skin of the face of Moshe which therefore concerns "the flesh" being done away. When it comes to ethnos likewise the parables, allegories, idioms, and sayings of Yeshua are paramount. In Romans Paul uses multiple terms throughout the entire epistle for aliens and foreigners such as Greeks, Barbarians, Nations, (ethnos), Gentiles, (ethnos), peoples, (ethnos), and even the Heathen, (ethnos). The WHOLE context of the epistle to the Romans is therefore in play because of what Paul says about Greeks and Barbarians earlier in the epistle as well as the foundation which is all the Testimony of Yeshua found in the Gospel accounts. Rather than try to explain all of this I will rather simply put forth what that passage says to me and let you do the digging if indeed you are so inclined:

Romans 11:25-26
25 For I would not, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Yisrael, until the fullness of the heathen have entered in:
26 And in this way shall all Yisrael shall be delivered; as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Yakob:

It is to each in his or her own appointed times: there are no two different ways of deliverance, but rather, the All Yisrael of the Father will be delivered in the very same way, (when the fullness of the heathen have entered and the city set on seven hills is surrounded by armies). These things are therefore supernal and individual to the man and his or her "dominion". Those who deny it without looking into such things simply do not wish to be grafted into the Olive Tree which is Yisrael.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." Matthew 24: 14 - nations is from εθνεσιν, a form of ethnos.

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in." Romans 11: 25 Gentiles is from the same Greek word, found in Matthew 24: 14, εθνων, a form of ethnos.

Have you ever thought about Paul saying he wanted them to know something that they didn't, even though they are "called Jews" and know the scriptures?

Danoh

Have you ever thought about Paul saying he wanted them to know something that they didn't, even though they are "called Jews" and know the scriptures?

In Romans 1:18-3:19 Paul is talking about how the lost man ended up that way.

In that section, he is not talking about the believers at Rome that he whom has written Romans to.

That section of Romans is a template of the hell, fire, and brimstone issues one deals with first; before going into the gospel of Christ that Paul began in Romans 1; dovetailed into all those issues, and then returns to in 3:20 forward...

In this, in "Behold thou art called a Jew" he is addressing the issue of the hypocritical Jew - how that he has been proven no better off than the lost Gentile he professes some "chosen" status over.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In this, in "Behold thou art called a Jew" he is addressing the issue of the hypocritical Jew - how that he has been proven no better off than the lost Gentile he professes some "chosen" status over.

I think you missed the point to him. Paul is telling them something they did not know, even though they were circumcised gentiles and not strangers to the covenants of promise. I don't like seeing people take the Bible and its different parts to different people and mixing it all together.

Last edited:

Danoh

I think you missed the point. Paul is telling them something they did not know, even though they were circumcised gentiles and not strangers to the covenants of promise.

No. That is not what Romans 1:18-3:19 is about.

And that is also the far off of Ephesians 2.

It is you who have missed the point.

The Romans Paul was writing to were members of the Body of Christ - not circumcised Gentiles, etc...

They were baptized into the Body of Christ...

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Yours is the same mistake as the OP's isolation of something from its' whole.

And there are far too many evidences in Romans showing they were familiar with Paul's "my gospel" BEFORE he wrote Romans.

Thanks for your reply, by the way.

Epoisses

Zionists have sold the farm for literalism and will reap their reward. Their hearts are uncircumcised.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Romans Paul was writing to were members of the Body of Christ - not circumcised Gentiles, etc...

They were baptized into the Body of Christ...

You sure?

15 So, as much as is in me, I am ready to preach the gospel to you who are in Rome also.

17 Indeed you are called a Jew, and rest on the law, and make your boast in God,

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In translating ethnos as Gentiles, instead of nations or peoples, in Romans 11: 25, it is much easier to make the interpretation of Romans 11: 25 into a doctrine saying that at some time all Gentiles God intends to save will have been saved, and then God will turn to his "earthly chosen people" again (Lewis S. Chafer) and save them, so that a "dispensation" of Law for the chosen people comes into existence.

Is this doctrine consistent with New Testament doctrine?

No it is a direct contradiction to the scriptures.

If a return to the law now is so evil then it will not become good after Christ returns and pours out a greater blessing of His Grace than is today.

Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Gal 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
Gal 5:7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?
Gal 5:8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

LA

Interplanner

Yes, they support the stealing of land and will kill to get it and to defend that which is not theirs.

The land will bury them.

LA

It is trendy on "Christian TV news" to show scenes of conflict between Christians and/or Christian Jews buying land in Israel and having the sale contested. This is being called persecution. How many points did they miss?

Danoh

Yes, they support the stealing of land and will kill to get it and to defend that which is not theirs.

The land will bury them.

LA

This while denying how our own supposedly God inspired country actually came into being - through mass genocide of the people who were here and had a right to be; and through equally massive human trafficking.

You hypocrites.

Danoh

You sure?

15 So, as much as is in me, I am ready to preach the gospel to you who are in Rome also.

17 Indeed you are called a Jew, and rest on the law, and make your boast in God,

Do you walk out of an assembly when the gospel is preached to all in attendence?

Do you walk out when some other aspect is the focus, but the gospel it is based on is also preached?

All the various parts of Romans are part of the gospel.

Romans 1 - 5 Justification by Grace through Faith

Romans 6 - 8 Living Under Grace

Romans 9 - 11 Dispensation of Grace

Romans 12-16 Serving Under Grace

And the gospel weaves in and out throughout each aspect of that; in one way or another.

Besides; your view has Paul praising the Romans' faith among the Gentiles in Romans 1, only to turn aroound and accuse them that the name of God is being blasphemed among the Gentiles because of them.

So yes; I'm certain the Romans 2:17 is referring to physical descendants of Jacob and not to the Romans as Proselytes.

Epoisses

Do you walk out of an assembly when the gospel is preached to all in attendence?

Do you walk out when some other aspect is the focus, but the gospel it is based on is also preached?

All the various parts of Romans are part of the gospel.

Romans 1 - 5 Justification by Grace through Faith

Romans 6 - 8 Living Under Grace

Romans 9 - 11 Dispensation of Grace

Romans 12-16 Serving Under Grace

And the gospel weaves in and out throughout each aspect of that; in one way or another.

Besides; your view has Paul praising the Romans' faith among the Gentiles in Romans 1, only to turn aroound and accuse them that the name of God is being blasphemed among the Gentiles because of them.

So yes; I'm certain the Romans 2:17 is referring to physical descendants of Jacob and not to the Romans as Proselytes.

Can Gentiles have circumcised hearts and the faith of Abraham?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This while denying how our own supposedly God inspired country actually came into being - through mass genocide of the people who were here and had a right to be; and through equally massive human trafficking.

You hypocrites.

So you approve of people who reject Jesus Christ trying to bring about the promises of God by the sword of man.

Rev 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword.

Israel of the flesh will not be excused for that.

Neither will the flesh church of Darbyism be excused for supporting them with their money and guns.

How easily does Judaism deceive the flesh church.

LA

Danoh

So you approve of people who reject Jesus Christ trying to bring about the promises of God by the sword of man.

LA

Apparantly, you don't read very well :chuckle:

My view is...

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Colonialism regardless of form and or country of origin, never did believe in that. It gets in Colonialism's way.

It has always gotten in the way of the Sword. Thus; the slaugher of millions upon millions over the last two thousand years and prior.

Regardless of race or creed.

Danoh

And most within MidActs do not hold to 1948.

That is mostly our brothers and sisters who hold to an Acts 2 Dispensationalism.

And Darby (1800-1882) certainly did not.

He was already gone from the earth over half a century before 1948.

Darby himself was headed towards a Mid-Acts view.

northwye

Historian Quentin Skinner in The Foundations of Modern Political
Thought, 1978, goes over the influence of several Scotch and English Christians, such as John Knox and Samuel Rutherford, on John Locke and then on late 18th century American political ideology, the Declaration of Independence and the creation of the Constitutional Republic. The Bill of Rights is a part of the Constitutional Republic. It is a major part of what distinguishes a Costitutional Republic from a Democracy.

John Locke's book, Two Treatises of Government, according to Skinner, influenced Thomas Jefferson in the Declaration of Independence, and had an influence on James Madison and other Founding Fathers."

Isaiah 10: 1-2: "Woe unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write grievousness which they have prescribed. To turn aside the needy from judgment, and to take away the right of the poor of my people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless."

There are some other verses in the Old Testament about the right of the people.

The concept of the right of the people comes from God. The ancient Greeks were into Democracy.

John Knox and Samuel Rutherford in Scotland, created, from scripture, a view that supported the right of the common people to oppose a totalitarian government, which does not respect the rights of the people.. These ideas of Knox and Rutherford were secularized by John Locke and Thomas Jefferson made them into the Declaration of Independence, one of
our founding documents which does briefly state a political ideology.

In a sense then, those who support a political ideology and movement which intends to weaken and eventually do away with the Bill of Rights is going against Scripture.