The grace of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What does the Bible say about God’s grace?

What does Theology say about God’s grace?

How are we to understand God’s grace in both the whole of the Bible and in the context of proclaiming and understanding the gospel?

The first thing from the Bible I think of in regard to grace is Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB.

Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB - 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

The second thing is Romans 5:1-2 NASB.

Romans 5:1-2 NASB - 1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.

These both appear to be speaking of God’s grace in salvation.

Is there anything you would like to add to this study?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Man's responsibility in the Dispensation of Grace is obedience to the New Covenant. Obedience to the New Covenant means to accept the gift of righteousness which God offers to all men through Yeshua the Messiah. The point of Romans 5:15-18 is that man is responsible to accept the gift of righteousness God offers to all men through the Messiah of Israel.

Man's Specific Test

The specific test of this dispensation is simply this: Will man accept the gift? Will humanity, as a whole, accept God's offer of the free gift of salvation by the simple act of faith in the person of Yeshua the Messiah? On the basis of faith, this free gift is given.

Man's Failure

As with all previous dispensations, the present one will also end in failure, and this can be seen in two ways. First, most men will reject the gift. The majority of humanity will not come to a saving knowledge of Yeshua the Messiah in our own day, any more than it was true before our time, and certainly will not be true even in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Man's responsibility in the Dispensation of Grace is obedience to the New Covenant. Obedience to the New Covenant means to accept the gift of righteousness which God offers to all men through Yeshua the Messiah. The point of Romans 5:15-18 is that man is responsible to accept the gift of righteousness God offers to all men through the Messiah of Israel.

Man's Specific Test

The specific test of this dispensation is simply this: Will man accept the gift? Will humanity, as a whole, accept God's offer of the free gift of salvation by the simple act of faith in the person of Yeshua the Messiah? On the basis of faith, this free gift is given.

Man's Failure

As with all previous dispensations, the present one will also end in failure, and this can be seen in two ways. First, most men will reject the gift. The majority of humanity will not come to a saving knowledge of Yeshua the Messiah in our own day, any more than it was true before our time, and certainly will not be true even in the future.

Great scripture passage. I see the word grace in my English Bible even as a translation from Hebrew. I am not familiar with a dispensation of grace, or what it might mean. I value God's grace very much. I see God's grace in salvation.

You mentioned a dispensation. Is this idea derived from or otherwise found in scripture (I used to be a dispensationalist, but I am not now a dispensationalist).

Also, you mentioned the new covenant. In what way, or how, do you see grace in relation to the new covenant? Do you have any scripture or is this only a Theological position?

Great contribution. Thank you.

Epoisses

Man's Specific Test

Man's Failure

This is not grace.

Epoisses

What does the Bible say about God’s grace?

What does Theology say about God’s grace?

How are we to understand God’s grace in both the whole of the Bible and in the context of proclaiming and understanding the gospel?

The first thing from the Bible I think of in regard to grace is Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB.

Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB - 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

The second thing is Romans 5:1-2 NASB.

Romans 5:1-2 NASB - 1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.

These both appear to be speaking of God’s grace in salvation.

Is there anything you would like to add to this study?

Finally Jacob! A worthy topic for you to study. Grace is the opposite of Law. The Law says obey me and live, disobey me and die. Grace says I am going to bless, forgive, heal, empower and justify you and what I want you to do in return is believe it!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Great scripture passage. I see the word grace in my English Bible even as a translation from Hebrew. I am not familiar with a dispensation of grace, or what it might mean. I value God's grace very much. I see God's grace in salvation.

You mentioned a dispensation. Is this idea derived from or otherwise found in scripture (I used to be a dispensationalist, but I am not now a dispensationalist).

Also, you mentioned the new covenant. In what way, or how, do you see grace in relation to the new covenant? Do you have any scripture or is this only a Theological position?

Great contribution. Thank you.

Didn't David say that blessed is the one to whom their iniquity is forgiven?

I'm going thru Jeremiah now. My uversion bible app is In2joy. Add me as a friend.
I normally get on TOL to cause trouble. Or join it. I do love all believers even when they're wrong.

Thanks

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Finally Jacob! A worthy topic for you to study. Grace is the opposite of Law. The Law says obey me and live, disobey me and die. Grace says I am going to bless, forgive, heal, empower and justify you and what I want you to do in return is believe it!

I am glad you approve. My knowledge of scripture does include God's grace. But it is something I want to study more. I also don't know Theological views on it.

I see grace and Law as different words. Sometimes people have discussions about grace and Law. I discuss Law a lot, and I enjoy it. Now I want to study grace. I enjoy grace as well. I don't know why some discussions are about grace and Law. I don't see them pitted against each other in the Bible. I do see in Romans that we are not under Law but under grace.

Romans 6:14-15 NASB - 14 For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace. 15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be!

In regard to being under the Law I also see this.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 NASB - 19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more. 20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some. 23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

Or this (see verse 20). There is a difference in these translations.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 KJV - 19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. 20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. 22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

Or even the NKJV.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 NKJV - 19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 Now this I do for the gospel's sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.

I only bring these up because of discussing what it means to not be under Law but to be under grace, according to the Romans verses. So this fits a discussion of God's grace. We can continue unless anyone wants to comment. I have thought of this before, but only brought it up here since it seems to fit the context of the words grace and Law and their relationship.

I don't know what it means to be under the Law. I know what it means that Jesus was born under the Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Didn't David say that blessed is the one to whom their iniquity is forgiven?

I'm going thru Jeremiah now. My uversion bible app is In2joy. Add me as a friend.
I normally get on TOL to cause trouble. Or join it. I do love all believers even when they're wrong.

Thanks

I count you as a friend even though I don't know about your Bible app.

Epoisses

Here is what Jesus said about grace: "Assuredly, I say to you, Today you will be with Me in Paradise." (Luke 23:43)

Grace is the opposite of debt. So many see their sin condition as a debt they have to pay off with their good deeds. They spend their whole lives working to repay a debt that can never be paid off. Our sin debt is only paid off when we receive grace thru faith which does not come from ourselves because it is the gift of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Here is what Jesus said about grace: "Assuredly, I say to you, Today you will be with Me in Paradise." (Luke 23:43)
Shalom. God's grace is (edit- indeed) great. I do not know for certain how to help (you) with just what you have said here, even in response to my question. Shalom. Jacob.