The Gospel That Saves, Redeems, Justifies, Reconciles, Sanctifies and Glorifies

Robert Pate

Banned
There is only one Gospel, Galatians 1:6-10 It is not the Gospel of Calvinism, nor is it the Catholic Gospel. it is the Gospel that makes us perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10. No one will enter heaven that has not been, saved, redeemed, justified, reconciled, sanctified and glorified by Jesus Christ. No religion can do what God has done for us in Jesus Christ.

Someone might ask how does all of that happen? All of this happens the minute that a repentant sinner calls on Christ to save them.

"Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

When a repentant sinner calls on Christ to save them the first thing that happens is that person is sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13. The Holy Spirit is God's mark of ownership. From that moment on you belong to God and his Son Jesus Christ. There is no unsealing of the Holy Spirit. There is nothing that can separate you from God and his Son Jesus Christ, Romans 8:35. Once sealed, always sealed. If you fall away it is because you never did believe or have faith in Christ. You were a counterfeit. Many times God will test the new convert to see it they have saving faith, Hebrews 12:6-11. Been there, it was terrible.

The Christian is "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven, Colossians 3:3. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus has done becomes theirs by faith. In Jesus Christ they have become saved, redeemed, justified, reconciled, sanctified and will be glorified. Glorification is the last thing that the Christian will experience. Paul wrote,

"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound and the dead shall be raised shall be raised incorruptible and we shall be changed, for this corruptible must put on incorruption and this mortal must put on immortality" 1 Corinthians 15:52, 53.

This is when all that Christ has done for us will become a reality and we will become like him, for we shall see him as he is. No one can enter heaven without being glorified. Tho old must be done away with and the new must prevail. These present corruptible bodies would not like heaven. We must be changed into new spiritual, glorified bodies, 1 Corinthians 15:49.

balut55

True that. Ten virgins.

25 “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6 “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

9 “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’

12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

Without the word the door will be shut.

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Gee I wonder how this verse fits in with the rapture?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Robert Pate

Banned
True that. Ten virgins.

25 “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6 “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

9 “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’

12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

Without the word the door will be shut.

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Gee I wonder how this verse fits in with the rapture?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

The parable of the ten virgins teaches perseverance. We must persevere to the end.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[The Gospel That Saves, Redeems, Justifies, Reconciles, Sanctifies and Glorifies...There is only one Gospel...]

It's that
quoties.gif
sanctification part that the greasy gracer
elvis.gif
likes to leave out of their gospel (Jud 4)--and they think they're going in the rapture. :eek: Mt 7:23

Related:

Lordship

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Ten virgins...Gee I wonder how this verse fits in with the rapture?

Right. They'll have to take their chances in the Great Tribulation (and no, it hasn't begun yet). It begins when we depart (1 Thess. 4:16, 17). :rapture:

Let's call what we've been going through--birth pangs. 15 Mar 17 will be 3 1/2 years into birth pangs.