The Gospel of Christ and Calvinism

Samie

(This thread is a companion thread to the thread "The Book of Life and Calvinism" where this poster discussed the issue of blotting out of names from the book of life. This poster believes that by God's grace, Adam & Eve and all their descendants constitute the elect, their names written down in the book of life, but only overcomers will NOT be blotted out from it.)

The Gospel that Christ preached seems to refute Calvinism:

Mark 1:14-15 Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

1. In the gospel the He preached, Jesus calls people to repentance, for unless they repent, they perish (Luke 13:3, 5).

2. Calvinism teaches that the elect can never perish.

Question: In the gospel that He preached, to whom was Jesus addressing His call to repentance? To the elect, or to those not among the elect?

If He was addressing His call to the elect, then the elect need to repent, otherwise they perish, disproving Calvinism.

If He was addressing His call to the non-elect, then that gives the non-elect a chance at salvation, likewise disproving Calvinism.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Oh no ! Not agian ! I'll bow out as well. I have better things to do than hang out with fringe arminians

Samie

Oh no ! Not agian ! I'll bow out as well. I have better things to do than hang out with fringe arminians
And be proven wrong?

Excuse me, brother. Not an Arminian. While Armininians believe in a general but conditional atonement, this poster doesn't, as easily gleaned from the OP.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
And be proven wrong?

Excuse me, brother. Not an Arminian. While Armininians believe in a general but conditional atonement, this poster doesn't, as easily gleaned from the OP.
Those that are messed up has already be refuted here. I've seen them with proof texts. Maybe somebody will help you agian.

Samie

(This thread is a companion thread to the thread "The Book of Life and Calvinism" where this poster discussed the issue of blotting out of names from the book of life. This poster believes that by God's grace, Adam & Eve and all their descendants constitute the elect, their names written down in the book of life, but only overcomers will NOT be blotted out from it.)

The Gospel that Christ preached seems to refute Calvinism:

Mark 1:14-15 Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

1. In the gospel the He preached, Jesus calls people to repentance, for unless they repent, they perish (Luke 13:3, 5).

2. Calvinism teaches that the elect can never perish.

Question: In the gospel that He preached, to whom was Jesus addressing His call to repentance? To the elect, or to those not among the elect?

If He was addressing His call to the elect, then the elect need to repent, otherwise they perish, disproving Calvinism.

If He was addressing His call to the non-elect, then that gives the non-elect a chance at salvation, likewise disproving Calvinism.
This thread seemed to have silenced Calvinists for quite a time.