The Gospel as our Only Means of Salvation

Robert Pate

Banned
No unclean thing will enter into heaven. Something must be done to make us pleasing to God. Isaiah said, "We are all as an unclean thing, and all of our righteousness are a filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind have taken us away, Isaiah 64:6. And then Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. The apostle John said, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us" 1 John 1:8.

Many wonderful spiritual things take place when a repentant sinner comes to Christ to be saved by him. He is given the Holy Spirit that is also the Spirit of truth, John 16:13. He becomes a seeker of truth. It is the Holy Spirit that guides him into all truth, John 16:13. The Holy Spirit is also his teacher and his comforter. He is comforted by the fact that he has made peace with God, Romans 5:1 and that his name is written in heaven, Luke 10:20.

God then places the repentant sinner "In Christ." Colossians 3:3. The life of Christ becomes his life. He posses it by faith. He, like Paul, believes that he has been Crucified with Christ, Galatians 2:20, that the body of sin might be destroyed, so that he will no longer have to serve sin, Romans 6:6. God now sees the repentant sinner "In Christ" completely justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. Clothed in the imputed righteousness of Christ, Romans 4:6 and ready for heaven.

It is only through the Gospel that fallen man can be justified and made pleasing to God. "But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5. This righteousness is the righteousness of Christ. It is this righteousness that reconciles us to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18 and makes us fit for heaven.

Trying to be saved some other way than by the Gospel will result in your condemnation. In the judgment if God does not see you clothed in the righteousness of Christ you will perish. "And when the king came in to see the guest, he saw there a man that did not have on a wedding garment and he said to him friend, how come you came in here without a wedding garment? and he was speechless. Then the King said to his servants, Bind him hand and foot and take him away and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" Matthew 22:11-13. Don't be caught without the robe of the righteousness of Christ or you will perish.

beloved57

No unclean thing will enter into heaven. Something must be done to make us pleasing to God. Isaiah said, "We are all as an unclean thing, and all of our righteousness are a filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind have taken us away, Isaiah 64:6. And then Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. The apostle John said, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us" 1 John 1:8.

Many wonderful spiritual things take place when a repentant sinner comes to Christ to be saved by him. He is given the Holy Spirit that is also the Spirit of truth, John 16:13. He becomes a seeker of truth. It is the Holy Spirit that guides him into all truth, John 16:13. The Holy Spirit is also his teacher and his comforter. He is comforted by the fact that he has made peace with God, Romans 5:1 and that his name is written in heaven, Luke 10:20.

God then places the repentant sinner "In Christ." Colossians 3:3. The life of Christ becomes his life. He posses it by faith. He, like Paul, believes that he has been Crucified with Christ, Galatians 2:20, that the body of sin might be destroyed, so that he will no longer have to serve sin, Romans 6:6. God now sees the repentant sinner "In Christ" completely justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. Clothed in the imputed righteousness of Christ, Romans 4:6 and ready for heaven.

It is only through the Gospel that fallen man can be justified and made pleasing to God. "But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5. This righteousness is the righteousness of Christ. It is this righteousness that reconciles us to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18 and makes us fit for heaven.

Trying to be saved some other way than by the Gospel will result in your condemnation. In the judgment if God does not see you clothed in the righteousness of Christ you will perish. "And when the king came in to see the guest, he saw there a man that did not have on a wedding garment and he said to him friend, how come you came in here without a wedding garment? and he was speechless. Then the King said to his servants, Bind him hand and foot and take him away and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" Matthew 22:11-13. Don't be caught without the robe of the righteousness of Christ or you will perish.

You don't believe the Gospel, only the Gospel of mans freewill. You deny that Christ's death alone saved them He died for !

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You don't believe the Gospel, only the Gospel of mans freewill. You deny that Christ's death alone saved them He died for !

Are we not already seated in heaven?

#

Eldoradogif.gif

# Long Sigh of Sorrow

# Jamie and Beloved57...... Twins?

Oh well...

#
giphy-34.gif

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Bump. : )

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I disagree friend, the dear of Christ was God's plan for our salvation. He was sent by his Father to become a man and to die for us. He did it to please his Father.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

You're confusing "predestined" with "planned," as is beloved57. Predestined is "the divine foreordaining of all that will happen." Notice I said Jesus was not predestined to go to the cross, I said that he chose to go to the cross because he loves us so much. I'm not saying that it wasn't part of God's plan. I'm saying that it wasn't predestined to happen.

God can plan for something to happen, but that doesn't mean it WILL happen.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Robert Pate

Banned
You're confusing "predestined" with "planned," as is beloved57. Predestined is "the divine foreordaining of all that will happen." Notice I said Jesus was not predestined to go to the cross, I said that he chose to go to the cross because he loves us so much. I'm not saying that it wasn't part of God's plan. I'm saying that it wasn't predestined to happen.

It was God's plan before the foundation of the world that Jesus would atone for the sins of humanity, Revelation 13:8.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It was God's plan before the foundation of the world that Jesus would atone for the sins of humanity, Revelation 13:8.
Robert, if everything was predestined (and I've asked this before to beloved57, but was refused an answer), then did God predestine babies to be sacrificed on the altar to Molech?

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert, if everything was predestined (and I've asked this before to beloved57, but was refused an answer), then did God predestine babies to be sacrificed on the altar to Molech?

Every thing has not been predestined. We have a free will and the ability to make choices. It is absolute nonsense to say that we don't. Jesus was predestinated to be the savior of the world, Ephesians 1:4, also John 12:47.

God does not murder babies.

beloved57

Every thing has not been predestined. We have a free will and the ability to make choices. It is absolute nonsense to say that we don't. Jesus was predestinated to be the savior of the world, Ephesians 1:4, also John 12:47.

False statements not found in scripture. Show me a scripture that says man has a freewill.

keypurr

In this case I see that God predestined Jesus to go to the cross. I also see Jesus as the body prepared for the job. Hebrew 10:5.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Robert, I think we're somewhat on the same side. I believe in free will, hence why I asked the question about the babies being sacrificed to Molech.

As for Christ's death, burial and ressurection, I don't think that was predestined, but that it was planned, otherwise He would not have asked the Father if there was any other way, but went willingly, because it was His Father's plan to save the whole world.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

In addition, Beloved57 seems to ignore the passage in Jeremiah where God says, about His people sacrificing their children, "I did not command it, nor did it enter my mind."

So if everything is predestined, Beloved57, then did God Himself lie in that verse?

Or did His people do those things outside of His will?

Last edited: