The goodness of God's commands

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How can we help each other to see God's commands in their true light, as He meant us to see them? Do you see the goodness of God's commands?

God's commands are good. May we recognize them as such and live them out in our lives.

Robert Pate

Banned
How can we help each other to see God's commands in their true light, as He meant us to see them? Do you see the goodness of God's commands?

God's commands are good. May we recognize them as such and live them out in our lives.

I see the righteousness of God in the commandments. He is holy beyond human comprehension.

Paul said to be under the law or the commandments is to be under the curse, Galatians 3:10. Is that where you want to be?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I see the righteousness of God in the commandments. He is holy beyond human comprehension.

Paul said to be under the law or the commandments is to be under the curse, Galatians 3:10. Is that where you want to be?
It is not a curse to obey God's commands.

Do you accept all of the writings of Paul found in the New Testament scriptures? You need to understand the context for what it is that you are referring to that he said. Then read for all the places where Paul talks about obedience or God's commands.

Robert Pate

Banned
It is not a curse to obey God's commands.

Do you accept all of the writings of Paul found in the New Testament scriptures? You need to understand the context for what it is that you are referring to that he said. Then read for all the places where Paul talks about obedience or God's commands.

I believe the Bible.

Paul said to be under the law is a curse.

The law is our schoolmaster that brings us to Christ because it tells us that we are sinners, Galatians 3:24.

You apparently haven't got that message yet.

Bradley D

Our lives reflect our faith. We all make mistakes. I believe in admitting my failures and to carry on. I give to God credit for any good I do. I take credit for my mistakes.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I believe the Bible.

Paul said to be under the law is a curse.

The law is our schoolmaster that brings us to Christ because it tells us that we are sinners, Galatians 3:24.

You apparently haven't got that message yet.
Do you believe God's commands are good? I do. I say I do because it might help clarify and bring us back to the subject if you are willing.

My understanding is that you misunderstand Paul's words. But talking about it more will help. This is not just to see if that is true. It is more than that. It is to understand the import of Paul's life to your life. I believe you accept Paul's words. I want to talk about them that we would understand them rightly together.

I know the law was a schoolmaster to bring or lead people to Christ. Is the law a schoolmaster to bring people to Christ, even today?

The phrase under the law is not found in the following verse.

Galatians 3:10 NASB - 10 For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT ABIDE BY ALL THINGS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THE LAW, TO PERFORM THEM."

Are you saying you believe it to be implied?

Galatians 3:24 NASB - 24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.

Not all have faith. If the Law is our tutor, the tutor of anyone in this day and age, it is difficult to say the Law is no more. If it leads people to Christ to be saved, and we want people to be saved in Christ, that at least is not a curse.

The verse does not say the Law is a curse.

But reading the verse by itself does not tell the whole story of what Paul is telling us.

So, we should read the verse in context.

Galatians 3:22-29 NASB - 22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. 24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.

Was it the Law that had been before they came to faith? It was a tutor to lead them to Christ.

If you are of faith you are no longer under the tutor of the law.

Does this mean you believe yourself to be of faith and believe that you yourself should not obey God's commands? I believe each and every one of us should obey God's commands. Even if the Law is no longer a tutor to lead you to Christ.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Does this mean you believe yourself to be of faith and believe that you yourself should not obey God's commands? I believe each and every one of us should obey God's commands. Even if the Law is no longer a tutor to lead you to Christ.

You were doing great until this last paragraph.

Bradley D

God's Commandments are there to make us aware of sin.

"What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "You shall not covet" (Romans 7:7).

Of course God's commandments are good. For God is good. As in the Pentateuch God gave Moses the law to instruct the Israelites how to live. To instruct them on what was right and wrong. If one lives the commandments their heart will see the rightness and good of God's Commandments.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God's Commandments are there to make us aware of sin.

"What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "You shall not covet" (Romans 7:7).

Of course God's commandments are good. For God is good. As in the Pentateuch God gave Moses the law to instruct the Israelites how to live. To instruct them on what was right and wrong. If one lives the commandments their heart will see the rightness and good of God's Commandments.
Shalom.

You are in the right direction.

Shalom.

Jacob