The "GOOD NEWS" of the Gospel

Robert Pate

Banned
The Gospel is good news for sinners, but is bad news for the religious that are trying to be justified by the law and religion.

The Gospel is "good news" because it is about how God in the person of Jesus Christ has come into the world to do for fallen humanity (us) what fallen humanity cannot do for its self. God requires two things for the salvation of fallen man.

1. A life of perfect obedience according to his holy law.

2. A perfect atonement for man's sins and the sins of the whole world.

Fallen humanity cannot meet these requirements and is spiritually bankrupt. This is why Paul wrote, "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. This is why God is absent from humanity. This is also why we need a savior who is able to meet these requirements for us and justify us.

Religion is man's attempt to rehabilitate his fallen nature through the works of the law and or by religion. Instead of making fallen man holier it makes him worse than ever. "For I was without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died" Romans 7:9. This is why religion doesn't work. The holier you try to be, the worse you will become.

The Gospel is good news for sinners, but it is bad news for the religious that are trying to be justified some other way than by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There is judgment in the Gospel as well as there is good news. When we look at Jesus suffering and dying on the cross for the sins of fallen humanity we get a glimpse of what God thinks about sin. It should be enough to literally scare the hell right out of us.

There is no good news in religion. The only thing that religion offers is condemnation. Whether it is the Calvinist religion or the Catholic religion, they are all under the judgment of God. You cannot reject the Gospel of Jesus Christ and be saved some other way. Religion is a rejection of the saving work of Jesus Christ. There is only one Gospel and it is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There are no other Gospels. It is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

We are called to have faith in Christ and his Gospel, plus nothing. We are not called to have faith in some sort of a religion. All that religion is, is a diversion away from Christ and his Gospel. Religion does not bring us closer to God or Christ, it actually drives us away from God and Christ and into ourselves who are sinners. We need to go outside of ourselves to someone that is higher and greater than ourselves. Get out of the cesspool of religion and connect with Jesus Christ and his glorious Gospel.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We are called to have faith in Christ and his Gospel, plus nothing.

Some days you say that and other days you say people must call on the Lord's name.

Some days you say there is nothing we can do, other days you say we must do this or that.

Duplicitous. :dizzy:

Robert Pate

Banned
Some days you say that and other days you say people must call on the Lord's name.

Some days you say there is nothing we can do, other days you say we must do this or that.

The work of salvation is a finished work, however, nothing is yours until it is received by faith, John 1;12.

Nanja

James 1:8!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The work of salvation is a finished work, however, nothing is yours until it is received by faith, John 1;12.

OK, so how many other rules and regulations are there for Christians?

And this is what I mean, one time you say we must do something to receive salvation and then another time you say there is nothing we can do.

Robert, why are you trying to confuse people? You make so many contradicting claims that it makes it hard for me to follow you. You're all over the map.

Robert Pate

Banned

And this is what I mean, one time you say we must do something to receive salvation and then another time you say there is nothing we can do.

Robert, why are you trying to confuse people? You make so many contradicting claims that it makes it hard for me to follow you. You're all over the map.

If you had the Spirit of truth you would understand what I am saying, John 14:17.

beloved57

Wrong post

beloved57

The Gospel is good news for sinners, but is bad news for the religious that are trying to be justified by the law and religion.

The Gospel is "good news" because it is about how God in the person of Jesus Christ has come into the world to do for fallen humanity (us) what fallen humanity cannot do for its self. God requires two things for the salvation of fallen man.

1. A life of perfect obedience according to his holy law.

2. A perfect atonement for man's sins and the sins of the whole world.

Fallen humanity cannot meet these requirements and is spiritually bankrupt. This is why Paul wrote, "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. This is why God is absent from humanity. This is also why we need a savior who is able to meet these requirements for us and justify us.

Religion is man's attempt to rehabilitate his fallen nature through the works of the law and or by religion. Instead of making fallen man holier it makes him worse than ever. "For I was without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died" Romans 7:9. This is why religion doesn't work. The holier you try to be, the worse you will become.

The Gospel is good news for sinners, but it is bad news for the religious that are trying to be justified some other way than by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There is judgment in the Gospel as well as there is good news. When we look at Jesus suffering and dying on the cross for the sins of fallen humanity we get a glimpse of what God thinks about sin. It should be enough to literally scare the hell right out of us.

There is no good news in religion. The only thing that religion offers is condemnation. Whether it is the Calvinist religion or the Catholic religion, they are all under the judgment of God. You cannot reject the Gospel of Jesus Christ and be saved some other way. Religion is a rejection of the saving work of Jesus Christ. There is only one Gospel and it is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There are no other Gospels. It is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

We are called to have faith in Christ and his Gospel, plus nothing. We are not called to have faith in some sort of a religion. All that religion is, is a diversion away from Christ and his Gospel. Religion does not bring us closer to God or Christ, it actually drives us away from God and Christ and into ourselves who are sinners. We need to go outside of ourselves to someone that is higher and greater than ourselves. Get out of the cesspool of religion and connect with Jesus Christ and his glorious Gospel.
The Gospel is bad news to you and your outlaw religion, because it condemns your salvation by works or freewill religion.