• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

The Flood, what happened?

marke

The Hydroplate Theory explains this quite well.
I did some study of the hydroplate theory years ago and found the theory interesting and compelling. I even bought an excellent book by Walt Brown and donated it to the school science class at our Christian school. I was very impressed with Dr. Brown, a West Point graduate (I visited West Point as a prospective cadet when I was a student at USMAPS) and find I still enjoy what I read about graduates there. For example, I love the fact that Mike Pompeo graduated at the top of his class from West Point.

I am also impressed that Dr. Brown got his Ph.D. from MIT and taught science at the Air Force Academy.

Unfortunately, like Joe Biden, my mind is slowly beginning to deteriorate, and I cannot remember everything I once learned.

marke

I agree, it is quite compelling. It explains many, many things far better than the currently "accepted" theories.
I read a secularist attempt to explain the evidence of flattened tropical vegetation under thousands of feet of frozen much in Alaska. The unbelieving speculator suggested the landmass with the tropical vegetation moved by a tectonic shift from tropical areas to Alaska and then sunk, to be covered by millions of years of slow deposits of frozen muck. There was nothing at all scientific about that nonsense. In fact, it defied science.

marke

Millions and billions of "sudden floods" have been occurring for millions of years all over the planet. That's how fossils are formed.

The people who rejected and killed the Son of God also exaggerated their rather spectacular history known as The Old Testament.

A much smaller, localized flood legend was exploited and used as a genealogical devise in an effort to establish religious authority as well as the chosen people arrogance.
No local flood was responsible for sea creature fossils high up in the Himalayas.