The Coming Time of Israel's Trouble (Jacob's Trouble)

beameup

And these are the words that YHWH spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah. For thus saith YHWH; We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace. Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness? Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it. Jeremiah 30:4-7
aka: "Day of the LORD"

Danoh

aka: "Day of the LORD"

Yep, it will be upon Jacob's rebellious seed, but it will not consume Jacob's seed.

Why?

"For your father's sakes."

Witness as to God's very character is at stake here - which is what passages like the following are actually referring to...

Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

But boy do people far too often rip such passages out of their actual, overall scope and context.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep, it will be upon Jacob's rebellious seed, but it will not consume Jacob's seed.

Why?

Witness as to God's very character is at stake here - which is what passages like the following are actually referring to...

Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

But boy do people far too often rip such passages out of their actual, overall scope and context.

Exactly!

:thumb:

Interplanner

Exactly!

:thumb:

No, the most authoritative statements about God preserving his seed are about believers. He does not have 2P2P in the Bible; he is not protecting Israel the ethne for reasons other than he would protect believers.

KingdomRose

Why?

Yes, like yourself.

:skeptic:

Malachi speaks of Jehovah, YHWH, the one that David calls "the Most High" (Psalm 83:18, KJV). Hebrews 13:8 obviously speaks of Jesus, so what is your point? They are two different persons.