The Afterlife...

Danoh

Anyone who professes to believe in Christ has perhaps asked themselves the following question, at some point or another.

And its a question we might all consider asking those who profess a belief in Christ.

You'll find the answers given interesting...

It is often interesting what people say they believe about a thing, in contrast to, what it often turns out...they actually believe about a thing...

And more often than not, their answers to the following question, raise a cause for concern for them...

The Question:

"Where do you - as a Believer - believe you yourself will end up after this life is over, and what are basing your ending up there on?"

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Christ has gone to prepare a place for us. Knowing this we will spend eternity together with Him forever.

John 14:1-3 Amplified Bible (AMP)

Jesus Comforts His Disciples
14 “Do not let your heart be troubled (afraid, cowardly). Believe [confidently] in God and trust in Him, [have faith, hold on to it, rely on it, keep going and] believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many dwelling places. If it were not so, I would have told you, because I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and I will take you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also.

Danoh

Christ has gone to prepare a place for us. Knowing this we will spend eternity together with Him forever.

John 14:1-3 Amplified Bible (AMP)

Jesus Comforts His Disciples
14 “Do not let your heart be troubled (afraid, cowardly). Believe [confidently] in God and trust in Him, [have faith, hold on to it, rely on it, keep going and] believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many dwelling places. If it were not so, I would have told you, because I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and I will take you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also.

Towards a bit more clarity - if YOU were to die today and found yourself being asked by God 'why should I let YOU into My heaven?' what would YOUR answer be?

Ask a good seven to ten of those people who profess Christ that question - merely for their own sake...

You just may find yourself surprised at what those who profess Christ actually believe, in contrast to what you and or they only think you or they believe...

chair

Here's Zorba the Greek about the afterlife:

...In his right hand he's holding not a knife or a pair of scales - those damned
instruments are meant for butchers and grocers - no, he's holding a large sponge full of water, like a rain-cloud. On his right is Paradise, on his left Hell. Here comes a soul;
the poor little thing's quite naked, because it's lost its cloak - it's body, I mean - and it's shivering. God looks at it, laughing up his sleeve, but he plays the bogy man: "Come here," he roars, "come here, you miserable wretch!"

"And he begins his questioning. The naked soul throws itself at God's feet. "Mercy!" it cries. "I have sinned." And away it goes reciting its sins. It recites a whole rigmarole and there's no end to it. God thinks this is too much of a good thing. He yawns. "For heaven's sake stop!" he shouts. "I've heard enough of all that!" Flap! Slap! a wipe of the sponge, and he washes out all the sins, "Away with you, clear out, run off to Paradise!" he says to the soul. "Peterkin, let this poor little creature in, too!"
'Because God, you know, is a great lord, and that's what being a lord means: to
forgive!'