Teaching the Commandments. How do we teach our children? What do we teach them?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Teaching the Commandments. How do we teach our children? What do we teach them?

How are God's Commandments taught to children? Is there a commandment to teach them first? Do we teach them what to do or what not to do? What comes first? How do we teach all of the commandments to our children when love of your neighbor is seen by many as a summary of the Law though there are individual or specific commandments that are considered love of God or your neighbor though not using these words? For example. If you love your neighbor as yourself you will not murder your neighbor. But how is this taught to children? And, do children need to be taught to not murder? Of course. But love your neighbor is easier and sounds better, not as harsh using or explaining the word murder when it is something we are not supposed to do.

Shalom.

Jacob

musterion

The commandments do nothing but define and point out our sin. They have no power to help us stop sinning.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The commandments do nothing but define and point out our sin. They cannot help us stop sinning.

Do God's Commandments tell us what to do and what not to do? If we do not obey we are sinning. There is punishment for sin. Depending. Some sin. But you are right, the Law points out our sin if we sin. Is it a matter of the heart? Is there sin in the heart? Is sin only what we do? If you have the right motivation is what you do the right thing to do? How do you know what is right and what is the right thing to do?

Shalom.

Jacob

musterion

Do God's Commandments tell us what to do and what not to do? If we do not obey we are sinning. There is punishment for sin. Depending. Some sin. But you are right, the Law points out our sin if we sin. Is it a matter of the heart? Is there sin in the heart? Is sin only what we do? If you have the right motivation is what you do the right thing to do? How do you know what is right and what is the right thing to do?

Shalom.

Jacob

You focus on Law, the condemnation, but know nothing of what God did to save us from it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You focus on Law, the condemnation, but know nothing of what God did to save us from it.

There is only condemnation for breaking the Law. Not for keeping it. That is why I asked about the heart.

Salvation from sin and the penalty of sin is found in Jesus Christ alone, who died for your sins for the forgiveness of your sins and to grant you the free gift of eternal life.

Shalom.

Jacob

musterion

There is only condemnation for breaking the Law. Not for keeping it.

None can keep it. To keep it all yet stumble at just one point of the Law is to be guilty of breaking it all.

That is why I asked about the heart.

Salvation from sin and the penalty of sin is found in Jesus Christ alone, who died for your sins for the forgiveness of your sins and to grant you the free gift of eternal life.

Shalom.

Jacob

If you really believe that, then you must also believe that those in Christ are now counted by God as dead to the Law. It has no further place in their lives. They've moved from cursed to blessed, from hopeless to forgiven, from condemned to justified, from dead to alive. The Spirit of Christ within is now the believer's rule of life...He IS the believer's life. The Law has no claim on those who have died in Christ and are alive to God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
None can keep it. To keep it all yet stumble at just one point of the Law is to be guilty of breaking it all.

If you really believe that, then you must also believe that those in Christ are now counted by God as dead to the Law. It has no further place in their lives. They've moved from cursed to blessed, from hopeless to forgiven, from condemned to justified, from dead to alive. The Spirit of Christ within is now the believer's rule of life...He IS the believer's life. The Law has no claim on those who have died in Christ and are alive to God.

Jesus taught us to keep and teach the commandments. If you break one of the commandments you have broken the Law. You don't get to say that you kept most or all of them if you have broken one. Breaking the Law. Transgressing the Law. Not to be done. To break the Law is akin to to transgress the Law. To be found in transgression or to have transgressed. If you have been forgiven do you choose to not keep the Law, will you be judged for your sin and transgression, and if you live according to what Jesus says how would you say Jesus but not the Law?

Shalom.

Jacob

musterion

Jesus taught us to keep and teach the commandments.

He was not speaking to Gentiles. He was speaking to the Kingdom-worthy Jews who bowed to Him as Messiah, into whom God would place His Spirit, enabling them to "walk in My statutes." Ezekiel 36:27 That isn't us.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
He was not speaking to Gentiles. He was speaking to the Kingdom-worthy Jews who bowed to Him as Messiah, into whom God would place His Spirit, enabling them to "walk in My statutes." Ezekiel 36:27 That isn't us.

When Ezekiel was a Prophet, what Ezekiel 36:27 was talking about, and I am a Jew. Jesus was talking to Jews. Was He talking to the world?

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If you want to teach the children the truth, teach them what Jesus said.

John 10:1

1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
(NKJ)

John 10:7-8
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you want to teach the children the truth, teach them what Jesus said.

John 10:1

1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
(NKJ)

John 10:7-8
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Children should be taught the words of Jesus.

It is evening of this evening and morning day, Revi'i, the fourth day of the week, 10-9 the tenth month the ninth day of the month.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
And Jesus says the the new testament is the new covenant. And Jesus changed the law, Jesus annulled the old commandments, And Jesus made the old testament obsolete.

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And Jesus says the the new testament is the new covenant. And Jesus changed the law, Jesus annulled the old commandments, And Jesus made the old testament obsolete.

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

No. The new testament is not the new covenant. Jesus did not change the law. Jesus did not annul even one of the commandments. Jesus did not make the old testament obsolete. I do not know why you say the old commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No. The new testament is not the new covenant. Jesus did not change the law. Jesus did not annul even one of the commandments. Jesus did not make the old testament obsolete. I do not know why you say the old commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Your an idiot. It says Jesus changed the law, annulled the former commandments, and made the old testament obsolete.
But because of your blindness you can admit to the Word of God.

[Rom 11:25
25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your an idiot. It says Jesus changed the law, annulled the former commandments, and made the old testament obsolete.
But because of your blindness you can admit to the Word of God.

[Rom 11:25
25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

It does not say that Jesus changed the law, annulled the former commandments, or made the old testament obsolete.

Shalom.

Jacob