Teaching, God's commands, forgiveness, restoration, and reconciliation.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God's commands are to obeyed. In Jesus Christ we have forgiveness of sins. According to one author in the New Testament scriptures, sin is transgression of the law. I believe this. I believe God does not want us to sin.

I believe it is possible for a person to teach God's commands without necessarily helping others in where they have broken God's commands. Maybe it is possible to help. Maybe this is different giftings or maybe there are different kinds of teaching even in the body of Christ, the church.

But I also say this because we need to know what God's commands are. That is, talking about God's commands doesn't necessarily mean a particular command has been broken.

In this I know that all sin is wrong in that it is disobedience of God's commands in regard to loving God and loving one's neighbor.

When one lives by the Spirit he or she fulfills the requirement of the Law, according to Romans 8:1-4 NASB.

Galatians 6:1 NASB - 1 Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted.

Acts 7:26 NASB - 26 "On the following day he appeared to them as they were fighting together, and he tried to reconcile them in peace, saying, 'Men, you are brethren, why do you injure one another?'

Ephesians 2:16 NASB - 16 and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity.

Colossians 1:20 NASB - 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.

Matthew 5:24 NASB - 24 leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering.

Romans 5:11 NASB - 11 And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

Romans 11:15 NASB - 15 For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?

2 Corinthians 5:18-19 NASB - 18 Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

Epoisses

Commandment keeping is the battle cry of the legalist. What they are really saying is live in doubt about whether you are saved or not and trust in your works instead of the finished work of Christ. Christ has forgiven the sins of the whole world and we stand accepted and complete in him. Some believe and the vast majority do not.

God's Truth

Commandment keeping is the battle cry of the legalist. What they are really saying is live in doubt about whether you are saved or not and trust in your works instead of the finished work of Christ. Christ has forgiven the sins of the whole world and we stand accepted and complete in him. Some believe and the vast majority do not.

It isn't our own works that we do, it is God's works.

You do not know the faith, joy, and trust of doing God's works, nor the life and the Spirit.

God's Truth

It's dark to lay claim to it. It's dark to add it to the Gospel of Salvation. It's down right demonic to claim salvation can be earned by our obedience. You are a preacher of darkness and untruth.

You should be more careful.

Tell me what Paul is saying to us.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart,you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom. It is the law that proves the legalist guilty before God, as a person's sin is brought to account at the preaching of the law. That a person can communicate God's law is just different to some than reading it for yourself in the Bible or in the Torah. Shalom. Jacob.

Epoisses

Shalom. It is the law that proves the legalist guilty before God, as a person's sin is brought to account at the preaching of the law. That a person can communicate God's law is just different to some than reading it for yourself in the Bible or in the Torah. Shalom. Jacob.

The only purpose of the law is to reveal sin seeing it has no power to forgive. Those that preach law tell the injured that they're injured but provide no remedy. Only the unmerited grace of Christ can heal the tortured heart of the sinner. Don't hear you preachin' grace very much.

Last edited:

glorydaz

You should be more careful.

Tell me what Paul is saying to us.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart,you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

I should be more careful? Well, unlike you, God's UNtruth, I have full assurance of my salvation. As far as my being chastened by the Lord when I need it in order to be conformed into the image of our Lord, I welcome it. I am His workmanship and I trust Him in all things. If I need patience, He will see that I get tribulation. He is faithful which is why I'm not worried in the least.

This verse I give below makes it clear that all hay and stubble will be burned up, but salvation is not lost as you try to claim. When you pick and choose verses you lose the meaning of the whole. Which you have done with both the verses you quoted.

It's a sad day when you preach fear and doubt to those who are IN CHRIST. When you stand before your maker, you'll find out your error. :sigh:

1 Cor. 3:12-15 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.​

God's Truth

I should be more careful? Well, unlike you, God's UNtruth, I have full assurance of my salvation.

That is right, you should be more careful.

Jesus and Paul tells us about people such as yourself.

1 Thessalonians 5:3 While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Are you sure you want to go against Paul and mock him about warning us.

God's Truth

I should be more careful? Well, unlike you, God's UNtruth, I have full assurance of my salvation. As far as my being chastened by the Lord when I need it in order to be conformed into the image of our Lord, I welcome it. I am His workmanship and I trust Him in all things. If I need patience, He will see that I get tribulation. He is faithful which is why I'm not worried in the least.

This verse I give below makes it clear that all hay and stubble will be burned up, but salvation is not lost as you try to claim. When you pick and choose verses you lose the meaning of the whole. Which you have done with both the verses you quoted.

It's a sad day when you preach fear and doubt to those who are IN CHRIST. When you stand before your maker, you'll find out your error. :sigh:

1 Cor. 3:12-15 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.​

Notice how glorydaz ignored all the scripture that I gave that rebuke her? She then goes off into other scriptures she thinks save her.

No scripture nullifies other scriptures.

Paul does not warn us to obey and then comfort those who do not obey and say don't worry you will still be saved. How is that a rebuke of what I said? How is that a rebuke of the written word of God?

Don't worry if you do not obey, you believe, and you will barely escape, and that is good enough. That is good enough? You preach that I am wrong and yet admit that what you preach is good enough?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
1 Thessalonians 5:3 While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Are you sure you want to go against Paul and mock him about warning us.

That verse is about 'the times and seasons' appointed to national Israel.

Reactions: Lon

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The only purpose of the law is to reveal sin seeing it has no power to forgive. Those that preach law tell the injured that they're injured but provide no remedy. Only the unmerited grace of Christ can heal the tortured heart of the sinner. Don't hear you preachin' grace very much.
Shalom. I can preach grace, and did so for many years. I see no problem with continuing to do so. There was a time in my life, however, when I realized that God's commands were (are) not contrary to the promises of God. God's commands and God's grace are different but they do not contradict each other. You are correct that it does not make sense to hit someone while they are down. But we should also not compromise the truth of God's word when we explain God's grace, or His mercy either. Shalom. Jacob.