:surf: Assyrians, The People of Good and Evil.

iamaberean

Why have we never been taught that the trees in the Garden of Eden were people?

Eze 31:3 Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon with fair branches, and with a shadowing shroud, and of an high stature; and his top was among the thick boughs.
Eze 31:4 The waters made him great, the deep set him up on high with her rivers running round about his plants, and sent out her little rivers unto all the trees of the field.
Eze 31:5 Therefore his height was exalted above all the trees of the field, and his boughs were multiplied, and his branches became long because of the multitude of waters, when he shot forth.
Eze 31:6 All the fowls of heaven made their nests in his boughs, and under his branches did all the beasts of the field bring forth their young, and under his shadow dwelt all great nations.
Eze 31:7 Thus was he fair in his greatness, in the length of his branches: for his root was by great waters.
Eze 31:8 The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him: the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chesnut trees were not like his branches; nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty.
Eze 31:9 I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.
Eze 31:10 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast lifted up thyself in height, and he hath shot up his top among the thick boughs, and his heart is lifted up in his height;
Eze 31:11 I have therefore delivered him into the hand of the mighty one of the heathen; he shall surely deal with him: I have driven him out for his wickedness.

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
bequiled
exapataō
ex-ap-at-ah'-o
From G1537 and G538; to seduce wholly: - beguile, deceive.

The Assyrians were the people of 'knowledge of good and evil' and one from that nation seduced Eve and she bare his son Cain.

Search the bible, It never says that Cain was Adam's son.

1Jn 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Gen 4:25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

We have never been taught this because, for one thing, we would also have to accept that there were other people on earth at the time Adam was formed.

chair

No. The Garden of Eden is a physical place on earth. Basically the fertile crescent. And Assyria is part of that.

Read the description in Genesis again. Some of those rivers are easily identified.

iamaberean

No. The Garden of Eden is a physical place on earth. Basically the fertile crescent. And Assyria is part of that.

Read the description in Genesis again. Some of those rivers are easily identified.

Absolutely correct, I don't understand you using the word 'No'. Thank you for your post, Chair!

iamaberean

As it is pointed out in the OP by Ezekiel the trees are symbolic for the people and the nations. God told Adam that they could fellowship with all the people, except for the people with the knowledge of good and evil. The serpent was from this nation (tree) and seduced Eve.

iamaberean

Hermeneutics - the science of interpretation, especially of the Scriptures.

When the word of God says something we must accept it.

1Jn 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

When the bible doesn't say something, don't make it up.
The bible does not say Cain was the son of Adam.

If we can't accept that Cain was not Adam's son, then we believe a lie.

Who was his father? Read OP again.

chair

Hermeneutics - the science of interpretation, especially of the Scriptures.

When the word of God says something we must accept it.

When the bible doesn't say something, don't make it up.
The bible does not say Cain was the son of Adam.

If we can't accept that Cain was not Adam's son, then we believe a lie.

Who was his father? Read OP again.

4 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

iamaberean

4 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

Yep, Eve was the mother of both of them, but Adam was not the father of both. As pointed out by scripture, Cain was of the wicked one.

Gen 4:25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
Not another seed instead of Cain and Abel.

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed(Serpent's seed) and her seed(Eve's seed); it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
That seems pretty plain.

chair

The Serpent's Seed theory is a disgusting racist bigoted theory. It justifies treating some humans as second rate, subhuman, and demonic. It is dangerous, rotten, and is not Biblical.

iamaberean

The Serpent's Seed theory is a disgusting racist bigoted theory. It justifies treating some humans as second rate, subhuman, and demonic. It is dangerous, rotten, and is not Biblical.
I am sorry Chair, but this is God's word. I am not the only one who believes this way, it is a centuries old belief that is backed by scripture..

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

chair

I am sorry Chair, but this is God's word. I am not the only one who believes this way, it is a centuries old belief that is backed by scripture..

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

It is a very bad centuries old belief. One that kills people. wake up.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep, Eve was the mother of both of them, but Adam was not the father of both. As pointed out by scripture, Cain was of the wicked one.

You're not familiar with DNA are you? Snakes are not literally able to produce human beings.

I don't accept that the mother of us all engaged in beastiality. Sick.

:vomit:

iamaberean

You're not familiar with DNA are you? Snakes are not literally able to produce human beings.

I don't accept that the mother of us all engaged in beastiality. Sick.
In my OP the first scripture points out that the tree is a human.
Eze 31:1 Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon

Later in the scripture says the others could not hide 'him' and 'his' not 'tree' and that he was in the Garden of God (Eden).
Eze 31:8 The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him: the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chesnut trees were not like his branches; nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty.
Eze 31:9 I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.

The word 'serpent' means a deceiver or seducer. Like it or not, Eve was seduced and it wasn't a snake but an evil man from one of the nations of people in Eden (tree of knowledge of good and evil).

Eve, who at the time had no knowledge of evil, fell victim to a worldly man who was a follower of Lucifer. God had warned Adam not to fellowship with those people and Adam had relayed that to Eve. She is the one who disobeyed first, then Adam followed suit. If this was not the case, what was the first thing that happened after eating? They tried to cover their nakedness because they were ashamed of what they had done.

iamaberean

Was her husband there with her?

Yes, it became a threesome!

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed (seed of the man in the garden) and her seed (seed of eve); it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Cain and Able.

Of course, even today there is the conflict between children of Eve and the children of evil. Today it is just called good and evil.

iamaberean

Was Eve the mother of this worldly man who was a follower of Lucifer?

No., and I know where you are going with this so let me explain.

God created mankind on the 6th day and told them to go and replenish the earth.

LORD God formed Adam and breathed into him the breath of life. Spirit of God. Lord God took a rib from Adam and made Eve, therefore she was a living soul.
All of her children would be born with a living soul, as such she was the mother of all living.

The worldly man who followed Lucifer was created in day six with others and it never says that LORD God breathed into them the breath of life.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The worldly man who followed Lucifer was created in day six with others and it never says that LORD God breathed into them the breath of life.

Did Lucifer become God's adversary (the Satan) and fall from heaven?