Shavuot.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom. Today is Sheni, 3-11.

I observed Shavuot for two days last week here in the United States of America. The congregation that I attend observed yesterday, so I was with them then.

What does the Hebrew in the Torah say about when the omer should begin to be counted? Shavuot follows seven weeks from the beginning of this count, being the fiftieth day of counting the omer.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul said, "You observe days, and months, and times and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labor in vain" Galatians 4:8-11.

You need to give up your Jewish religion and live by faith, Romans 1:17.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul said, "You observe days, and months, and times and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labor in vain" Galatians 4:8-11.

You need to give up your Jewish religion and live by faith, Romans 1:17.
Shalom.

I do live by faith.

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

What does the Hebrew in the Torah say about when the omer should begin to be counted? Shavuot follows seven weeks from the beginning of this count, being the fiftieth day of counting the omer.
Jacob

I forgot all the details, but it has something to do with a "new moon" and the 1st ripening of barley.
The "new moon" MUST be observed in JERUSALEM, at the Temple, by two priests & confirmed by High Priest.
Then, from the first Sabbath, you count 7 weeks + one day (= Sunday). That should be "harvest time".
Since there is no temple and no priests to serve, then it is IMPOSSIBLE to observe "according to Moses".

No Temple = No Judaism

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Shlishli, 3-12.

I do not know if the Sabbath came first, or Rosh Chodesh. See Genesis 1:14-19.

Shalom.

Jacob