Shalom. What can we do to make the world a better place?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do something that someone else needs. That's what Jesus says we should do.

One thing at a time.

Shalom.

Do you love God with all of your heart, with all of your soul, and with all of your mind? Do you love your neighbor as yourself? This is what God wants you to do.

Turn to God and Jesus for your salvation.

Shalom.

Jacob

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Do you love God with all of your heart, with all of your soul, and with all of your mind? Do you love your neighbor as yourself? This is what God wants you to do.

He expects you to act on that, if you want to spend eternity with Him.

See Matthew 25 for details.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Salvation is not by works, sorry.

Jesus says that where you spend eternity will depend on what you do. I'd believe Him if I were you.

Matthew 25 makes sense, but I see nothing about spending eternity with God.

Maybe you should read the whole thing. It's more than making sense; it's His word. Accept it His way.

Matthew 25:34 Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. [35] For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in:

[36] Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me. [37] Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink? [38] And when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and covered thee? [39] Or when did we see thee sick or in prison, and came to thee? [40] And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.

[41] Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels. [42] For I was hungry, and you gave me not to eat: I was thirsty, and you gave me not to drink. [43] I was a stranger, and you took me not in: naked, and you covered me not: sick and in prison, and you did not visit me. [44] Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to thee? [45] Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me.

[46] And these shall go into everlasting punishment: but the just, into life everlasting.

Your way, or His way: you decide.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus says that where you spend eternity will depend on what you do. I'd believe Him if I were you.

Maybe you should read the whole thing. It's more than making sense; it's His word. Accept it His way.

Matthew 25:34 Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. [35] For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in:

[36] Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me. [37] Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink? [38] And when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and covered thee? [39] Or when did we see thee sick or in prison, and came to thee? [40] And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.

[41] Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels. [42] For I was hungry, and you gave me not to eat: I was thirsty, and you gave me not to drink. [43] I was a stranger, and you took me not in: naked, and you covered me not: sick and in prison, and you did not visit me. [44] Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to thee? [45] Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me.

[46] And these shall go into everlasting punishment: but the just, into life everlasting.

Your way, or His way: you decide.

I do not see this as how to spend eternity with God. I do not have an idea about spending eternity with God. It is not a phrase, way, or conception that I agree with. I do not see these words, and I do not believe it.

If you think you have to do something to be saved then you do not understand God's grace and forgiveness in Jesus Christ.

What needs to happen is you need to repent of your sin, confess your sins to God, clear up any transgression against your fellow man, and place or put your faith in God and Jesus and you will be forgiven of your sins, saved, and granted the free gift of eternal life. May you be counted in the resurrection among the righteous. May you be justified before Judgment Day. You and I will be judged for every idle word we speak even. So discard what is false in any of this and go with what Scripture says. For your thinking. Shalom.

Jacob

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I do not see this as how to spend eternity with God. I do not have an idea about spending eternity with God. It is not a phrase, way, or conception that I agree with.

Doesn't matter. Jesus says it and I believe it.

If you think you have to do something to be saved then you do not understand God's grace and forgiveness in Jesus Christ.

Take it up with Him, then. I'm just showing you what He said. It's His word, and it's not false.

Your choice. His way or yours.

john w

Hall of Fame
Everyone should pop a few Natty Lights, and do some.....

curling_banner2.jpg

beameup

Doesn't say so; that assumption isn't supported by the text.

Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers - Romans 15:8
In the Gospels, Jesus is always addressing his kinsmen, the Jews. He even instructs his disciples not to go to the Gentiles or the Samaritans (half-breeds).
Only following Paul's seeing Jesus does the RISEN Jesus give instructions directly to the Gentiles through Paul. Paul is the Apostle to the Gentiles.

Matthew 24-25 are instructions for Jews who will be alive during the Tribulation (Time of Jacob's Trouble), as that event has been temporarily postponed.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
(Weird claim that Matthew only applies to Jews)

Barbarian chuckles:
Doesn't say so; that assumption isn't supported by the text.

Random verse is offered:
Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers - Romans 15:8

Nothing about circumcision in Matthew 25. Do you just have a jar of verses from which you draw when your argument fails?

He even instructs his disciples not to go to the Gentiles

Matthew 28:16 And the eleven disciples went into Galilee, unto the mountain where Jesus had appointed them. [17] And seeing him they adored: but some doubted. [18] And Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying: All power is given to me in heaven and in earth. [19] Going therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. [20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and behold I am with you all days, even to the consummation of the world.
I bolded the key words for you.

If you would bother to read the Bible a little more, you'd be a lot less confused about these things.

or the Samaritans (half-breeds).

Samaritans are Jews whose ancestors did not go into the captivity, and whose religious practices diverged from their fellow Jews. When they returned from captivity, they were no longer the same people. "Half-breed" is another confusion on your part.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Doesn't matter. Jesus says it and I believe it.

Take it up with Him, then. I'm just showing you what He said. It's His word, and it's not false.

Your choice. His way or yours.

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that I am saying that what you are saying is not something that I am seeing.