Shalom. Torah, the Law, the enmity, and what may have been made obsolete.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Shlishli, Ziv 27, day. I am a convert and a proselyte to Judaism and Israel. I am a citizen of the United States of America, where I live. I have never been to Israel. I do observe the feasts here in the United States of America. I would like to observe them in Jerusalem according to the commandment, though there is currently no temple. I may one day live in Israel. I might move there. However, if I were to be a Rabbi and go to Israel with my Rabbi, I would likely come back here to the United States of America. So, I do not know what I am going to do. I wanted to study Torah in Israel, but I am currently continuing to study in the United States of America. It is daily and weekly study for me. I am training and / or studying to be a Rabbi. I may one day be the President of the United States of America, as I am willing to be in this position if I am elected. I would serve the American people.

I am a Jew. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah. I also know of the new covenant for the house of Israel and the house of Judah in Messiah Yeshua, Yeshua HaMashiach, Yeshua Messiah, Jesus the Christ. It is God's law written on minds and hearts.

What is the change of law, if any? What does a change of law, cited in Hebrews, entail or involve? What is it? What is it about? What was or is becoming obsolete? When was it becoming obsolete and is it still becoming obsolete? Is there still a Levitical Priesthood? What about animal sacrifice in a coming temple? Would it be Ezekiel's temple? Or, the temple that is described in Ezekiel? Would it be according to the Law? The enmity in the Law has been abolished. But I believe that neither the Law nor the Prophets have been abolished. I believe that Yeshua observed and taught the Law, the Commandments, and taught us to do the same. See Matthew 5:17-20.

My Rabbi is of Levi, so I know that Levi exists contrary to what I have known to be the opinion of some.

I do not differentiate between a moral and ceremonial law. I know of Judgments, Statutes, and Ordinances, but I am not an expert in these. They have been spoken of in different ways. What is all involved in the Torah in regard to God's commandments and maybe how they are classified, organized, explained, expounded upon, taught, observed, understood, and transmitted or related to the people?

I know that the new covenant is not like the old, which the people broke. It may be that it is not just different in that the people broke the covenant. Should we still observe the Torah, the covenant God made with the nation of Israel through the prophet Moses, more than just teaching what it says? Does it make sense to obey, or observe, Torah even this covenant even though people once broke it and God said that He would make a new covenant, a covenant which we know has come in Yeshua HaMashiach? Some may believe that it has been ratified but that it did not come to be even yet. I do not know if there are some that believe that now it has come to be. Some cite the destruction of the temple and the temple system. But we still have the temple in Ezekiel to reckon with, even if that is not the next temple. I do not know if there will be yet one more temple (Ezekiel's temple) or something different from this.

Shalom.

Jacob

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
John 10:8
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

John 10:1-7
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 "To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4 "And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
5 "Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Gal 4:21-31
21 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise,
24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar--
25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children--
26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written: "Rejoice, O barren, you who do not bear! Break forth and shout, you who are not in labor! For the desolate has many more children than she who has a husband."
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
John 10:8
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

John 10:1-7
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 "To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4 "And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
5 "Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Gal 4:21-31
21 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise,
24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar--
25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children--
26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written: "Rejoice, O barren, you who do not bear! Break forth and shout, you who are not in labor! For the desolate has many more children than she who has a husband."
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.
(NKJ)
Shalom.

Very good Squeaky! Feel free to share more if you can or if you want to.

Shalom.

Jacob