Shalom. Jesus rose on the third day.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Nihilo and I have communicated on Theology Online over some time. I am a Jew. I do not know what day Jesus rose from the dead on. But I do believe that there were three days.

Shalom.

Jacob

rstrats

Jacob,
re: " I do not know what day Jesus rose from the dead on. But I do believe that there were three days."

Mark 8:31 indicates that 4 calendar days were involved.

Last edited:

beameup

Shalom.
I am a Jew. I do not know what day Jesus rose from the dead on. But I do believe that there were three days.
Shalom. Jacob

Here's a clue, the 3+ days were fulfilled in accordance with three Feasts:
1) Passover
2) Unleavened Bread
3) Firstfruits

I'll leave it up to a "Jew" to figure out all the deep significance and meaning of these in relation to Messiah.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob,
re: " I do not know what day Jesus rose from the dead on. But I do believe that there were three days."

Mark 8:31 indicates that 4 calendar days were involved.
Shalom.

What do you mean? Can you explain your view of what you just said?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Here's a clue, the 3+ days were fulfilled in accordance with three Feasts:
1) Passover
2) Unleavened Bread
3) Firstfruits

I'll leave it up to a "Jew" to figure out all the deep significance and meaning of these in relation to Messiah.
Shalom.

You are mistaken.

Shalom.

Jacob

rstrats

Jacob,
re: "What do you mean?"

The verse says that the Messiah will rise after three days. That means that at least 4 calendar days would be involved.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob,
re: "What do you mean?"

The verse says that the Messiah will rise after three days. That means that at least 4 calendar days would be involved.
Shalom. It means 3 to 5 calendar days, if you want calendar days, except that these days are not evening and morning each day (days beginning and ending at sundown or sunset). The word after can mean once three days have transpired. Do you remember the sign of Jonah? I believe that it is three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Shalom.

Jacob

rstrats

Jacob,
re: "It means 3 to 5 calendar days, if you want calendar days..."

How do you get 5 calendar days?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob,
re: "It means 3 to 5 calendar days, if you want calendar days..."

How do you get 5 calendar days?
Shalom.

Jesus died before He was buried. If a day is evening and morning, there were then three days, which makes 3 or 4 days, followed by His possibly rising on the day after this, which if it was 4 would be 5. It has to do with what a day is, or a calendar day, if it is patterned after creation, and if He was put in the tomb (laid in the tomb) at, before, or after evening began. But the sign of Jonah is 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth for Jesus. I do not know if He was resurrected or rose from the dead on the Sabbath, Shabbat, but the tomb was found empty on the first day of the week.

Shalom.

Jacob