Separated to be Gods Inheritance

beloved57

1 Kings 8:53

For thou didst separate them from among all the people of the earth, to be thine inheritance, as thou spakest by the hand of Moses thy servant, when thou broughtest our fathers out of Egypt, O Lord God.

This is a type fulfilled in Christ. It pertains to them God did choose in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

The word chosen here
eklegó means :I pick out for myself, choose, elect, select.

hence its aorist middle voice. Now the middle voice means:

The middle voice indicates the subject performing an action upon himself (reflexive action) or for his own benefit. E.g., "The boy groomed himself."

God here has chosen some in Christ before the foundation for Himself and for His Benefit or Glory !

Now Paul writes of these same ones Chosen in Christ before the foundation as being Gods
inheritance Eph 1:18

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

This is part of Gods Glory, choosing a People for Himself ! Some attack this Glory and attribute Gods choice to man, but that detracts from His Glory Isa 46:13

I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Isa 43:7

Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

This applied to some gentiles Acts 15:17

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Titus 2:14 applies to Elect Gentiles:

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The word peculiar
periousios means:

that which is one's own, belonging to one's possessions

1. a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession

beloved57

God makes a Sovereign discriminate choice of His People from other people. The text reads

For thou didst separate them from among all the people of the earth, to be thine inheritance, as thou spakest by the hand of Moses thy servant, when thou broughtest our fathers out of Egypt, O Lord God.

God doesn't choose all people to be His Inheritance. God didnt choose all people in Christ as His inheritance.

The word separate means:

set apart which corresponds to sanctify

make a distinction[FONT=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just like what God told Israel they were distinct from other people Deut 7:6

[/FONT]6 [FONT=&quot]For thou art an holy people unto the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot] thy God: the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot] thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

All people arent special, loved and chosen of God ![/FONT]

Nanja

God makes a Sovereign discriminate choice of His People from other people. The text reads

God doesn't choose all people to be His Inheritance. God didnt choose all people in Christ as His inheritance.

The word separate means:

set apart which corresponds to sanctify

make a distinction[FONT=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just like what God told Israel they were distinct from other people Deut 7:6

[/FONT]6 [FONT="]For thou art an holy people unto the [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Lord[/FONT][FONT="] thy God: [U][B]the [/B][/U][/FONT][/COLOR][U][B][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Lord[/FONT][FONT="] thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/U][B][COLOR=#000000][FONT="][/FONT][/B][FONT="]

All people arent special, loved and chosen of God ![/COLOR] [/QUOTE]

[COLOR="#006400"]
Amen to both parts !

The People God separated to be His Inheritance are those He Elected by His Sovereign Purpose and Grace Rom. 11:5; 2 Tim. 1:9 In Christ Jesus, from all other people He Created, to be His Adopted Children Eph. 1:4-5; the only People which were Promised Salvation in their Covenant Head and Saviour Is. 42:6, Israel Is. 45:17, whether jew or gentile. And they are also referred to in scripture as His Peculiar Treasure and a Kingdom of Priests.

Ex. 19:5-6

5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

This is speaking of God's Covenant People, the Israel of God promised Salvation Is. 45:17, the Church, Christ's Sheep, chosen in union with Christ before the foundation of the world He gave His Life for Eph. 5:25; John 10:11, 15, whether jew or gentile.

These obey God's Voice in Christ Jesus their Covenant Head Rom. 5:19.

Therefore, these Separated Ones 1 Kings 8:53, His Body, is part of the Glory that is His.

John 17:4
Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Christ and His Body the Church are One 1 Cor. 12:12 !