Salvation apart from works

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How is a person saved? Can we say it is not by obedience?

If a person obeys God then they are likely saved. Ephesians 2:8-9, 10.

But how about a discussion on how a person is saved?! It is not by works. True good works are the fruit of salvation in a person's life. If you believe you have good works but you don't know what salvation is and you do not have faith then you are likely not saved, even so.

What saves a person?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Untellectual,

How many threads are you going to have with the same kind of topic?

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Untellectual.

How many threads are you going to have with the same kind of topic?
Similar topics. Related, yes. Different though, in some way.

For example, I knew as a child salvation is not by works. But I knew I was to obey God. Meaning, I discovered obedience is different from works. They are different words. But then what of the person who says they are obedient but they have no faith?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you remember the book of James? Does this thread speak to what James or Paul were saying? What did Jesus say?

OCTOBER23

What saves a person?

JESUS SAVES !!!!!!!!

Ps 18:3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised:

so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Ro 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

READ REVELATIONS TO GET THE EXACT ORDER OF THE SALVATION PROCESS

==============================

You also have to build Godly Character and do Good deeds.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

But how about a discussion on how a person is saved?! It is not by works. True good works are the fruit of salvation in a person's life. If you believe you have good works but you don't know what salvation is and you do not have faith then you are likely not saved, even so.

What saves a person?

Jesus Christ alone saves. Nothing you can do gets you saved except believing the gospel of salvation; faith. Saved by the faith of Christ.

The gospel that saves is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV -

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What saves a person?

JESUS SAVES !!!!!!!!

Ps 18:3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised:

so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Ro 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

READ REVELATIONS TO GET THE EXACT ORDER OF THE SALVATION PROCESS

==============================

You also have to build Godly Character and do Good deeds.
I believe you are mistaken. No amount of good works can make up for the sin debt you owe God.

The last book of the Bible is Revelation, not Revelations. I don't know that it contains what you are saying it contains.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus Christ alone saves. Nothing you can do gets you saved except believing the gospel of salvation; faith. Saved by the faith of Christ.

The gospel that saves is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV -
Amen! Believing the gospel as found in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 saves! It is God who saves.

genuineoriginal

What saves a person?
A person is saved if their name is found written in the book of life (and not blotted out) at the Judgment.

A person's name is written in the book of life by Jesus when a person confesses that Jesus is Lord and believes in their heart that God raised Him from the dead.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A person is saved if their name is found written in the book of life (and not blotted out) at the Judgment.

A person's name is written in the book of life by Jesus when a person confesses that Jesus is Lord and believes in their heart that God raised Him from the dead.
I know about the book of life. Do you have a scripture that supports what you are saying?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I believe you are mistaken. No amount of good works can make up for the sin debt you owe God.

Why do you disregard James word of "faith without deeds is dead"?

James is within context with Jesus' word. Jesus says "if you love Me, keep My commands."

Jesus commands you to keep His commands. Why do you disregard it?

Dead faith cannot save you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why do you disregard James word of "faith without deeds is dead"?

James is within context with Jesus' word. Jesus says "if you love Me, keep My commands."

Jesus commands you to keep His commands. Why do you disregard it?

Dead faith cannot save you.
I don't believe I disregard it. It all has a place in how I think about it.

Who determines if faith is dead? What is dead faith? What is a dead faith? There are no works for a faith that is dead. No works go along with the faith that is dead. It is a dead faith, having no works.

brewmama

I don't believe I disregard it. It all has a place in how I think about it.

Who determines if faith is dead? What is dead faith? What is a dead faith? There are no works for a faith that is dead. No works go along with the faith that is dead. It is a dead faith, having no works.

So why do you continue to manufacture a dichotomy out of something which isn't and wasn't until Protestants started making stuff up?

genuineoriginal

I know about the book of life. Do you have a scripture that supports what you are saying?
At the judgment, everyone that does not have their name written in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:15
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.​

The book was originally the Father's book where the names were written of those He deemed worthy to be spared the Judgment.

Malachi 3:16-17
16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.
17 And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.​

Those that the Father deemed unworthy of salvation after being written in the book had their names blotted out.

Exodus 32:33
33 And the Lord said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.​

The Father gave Jesus authority over the names in the book.

Matthew 28:18
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.​

That is when it became the Lamb's book of life.

Revelation 21:27
27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.​

We are told that it takes belief and confession to be saved.

Romans 10:9-10
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So why do you continue to manufacture a dichotomy out of something which isn't and wasn't until Protestants started making stuff up?
I'm not sure what you mean. I was born a Gentile and accepted Paul. But according to James faith and works do go together.

OCTOBER23

The last book of the Bible is Revelation, not Revelations. I don't know that it contains what you are saying it contains.

---------------------------------------------------

Dear Untillectual,

I have been studying the Revelations in the Book of Revelation for at least 10 years.

Please Read it and find some good commentaries on the internet

and you may start to understand its ramifications relating to your opening statement.

Thanks

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

---------------------------------------------------

Dear Untillectual,

I have been studying the Revelations in the Book of Revelation for at least 10 years.

Please Read it and find some good commentaries on the internet

and you may start to understand its ramifications relating to your opening statement.

Thanks
I have read the Revelation (singular). It is "The Revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place".

Revelation 1:1-6 NASB - 1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, 2 who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near. 4 John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood-- 6 and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father--to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.