Resurrect the Apostolic Gospel !

iamaberean

Whatever happened to the preaching of the apostolic gospel?

BoyStan, I wish there was a one church solution, but there isn't.

While one Apostolic church preaches oneness, the other preaches trinity.

One preaches holiness on the inside and outside while the other will allow all kinds of dress and living standards.

Neither one knows anything about prophecy.

Neither one knows anything about creation.

So where is the difference in any church? None of them preach the gospel that the Apostles taught.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Luke 6:25-26
25 Woe to you who are full, for you shall hunger. Woe to you who laugh now, for you shall mourn and weep.
26 Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
(NKJ)

Matt 24:11-13
11 "Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
12 "And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
13 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
(NKJ)

Mark 13:22-23
22 "For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
23 "But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.
(NKJ)

TrevorL

Greetings BoyStan,
Some keynotes of apostolic preaching, like sin, hell, judgement, have disappeared from the Church.
They have been denied and ignored.
Replaced by a man pleasing 'God loves everybody' and 'You can accept Jesus at your leisure'.
God is good to all he has made, and he is forbearing toward everybody.
But his love is only for those he calls and chose in Christ before the foundation of the world.
Yes, I agree the Apostolic Gospel does not appear to be preached consistently in the Churches today, but I have only sampled a few. But even in your summary above, there seems to be a hint of a particular point of view that, in my estimation at least, does not have the correct elements or balance of the Apostolic teaching. Perhaps if you gave a brief summary of major items we could decide whether to agree or disagree with your perspective.

For my part I am most probably assessed by others as having a very marginal view of the Apostolic Gospel, and I would commence with Acts 8:5,12 and then expand by considering some of the teaching contained in the two speeches of Peter in Acts 2 and 3 to detail what some of the “things” of Acts 8:12 represent, e.g. Acts 2:30-36, 3:19-21. Does your view include all of these Scriptures in their original meaning?

Kind regards
Trevor

TrevorL

Greetings again BoyStan,
Thanks Trevor. Can you explain in more detail what your saying so I can understand>
This is your thread and possibly you should explain what you consider to be the Apostolic Gospel, rather than my detailing what I consider to be the gospel. The conclusion or assumptions that I have gathered from the few hints from what you have already stated may not be an accurate assessment.

One thing that I will suggest though is that the speeches given by Peter are most probably a very careful summary by Luke of what Peter actually stated, and in a sense we need to carefully consider the detail. Please read Acts 2, 3 and 8 with care, and perhaps the verses that I mentioned in my previous post, and determine if these fit in with your theology. To quote from what I read this morning from an article by a CofE minister and expositor when he was considering Isaiah 42 and its context: "We should seek to understand the Word of Truth, so that we can share this Word of Truth, not some merely human opinion, church tradition, or personal whim and fancy". In support of your OP possibly you could state 5 or 10 teachings that are part of the Gospel, some of which may or may not be preached by many today as you claim. I will then test these against the verses I have already quoted or compare your statements with other parts of the Apostolic Gospel found in Acts 2 and 3, or other basic gospel statements found elsewhere. Surely Acts 2 and 3 are a good place to start, but this is up to you.

Kind regards
Trevor

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Some keynotes of apostolic preaching, like sin, hell, judgement, have disappeared from the Church.

They have been denied and ignored.

Replaced by a man pleasing 'God loves everybody' and 'You can accept Jesus at your leisure'.

God is good to all he has made, and he is forbearing toward everybody.

But his love is only for those he calls and chose in Christ before the foundation of the world.
You should read and understand Paul's epistles, that's where you will find the gospel of your salvation.

BoyStan

I know the gospel off salvation in Romans. It is very strong on God's love for his elect, chosen whom he calls and gives the Spirit. They are sons of God. Christ died for God's elect and they will be called and saved. This is God's purpose in the world. All to the praise of his grace and mercy. We don't choose Jesus rather God chose us in Christ and brings us to saving faith in Christ by regeneration of the Spirit. We believe with the heart and confess with our lips that Jesus is Lord !

iamaberean

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Many are called, but to be chosen one must respond to that call and be faithful.

TrevorL

Greetings again BoyStan,
I know the gospel off salvation in Romans. It is very strong on God's love for his elect, chosen whom he calls and gives the Spirit. They are sons of God. Christ died for God's elect and they will be called and saved. This is God's purpose in the world. All to the praise of his grace and mercy. We don't choose Jesus rather God chose us in Christ and brings us to saving faith in Christ by regeneration of the Spirit. We believe with the heart and confess with our lips that Jesus is Lord !
There is a wide variety of understanding of what the Apostolic Gospel represents. From the verses that I quoted there is some indication that the early believers were taught and understood aspects of the Kingdom of God, such as the return of Jesus to set up the Kingdom of God upon the earth, when he will sit upon the throne of David in Jerusalem for the 1000 years. They taught and practised adult baptism, and they had a correct understanding of what was accomplished in the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. Acts 8:5,12 teaches that they believed certain “things”, both concerning the Name of Jesus Christ and concerning the Kingdom of God. What I am suggesting is, that to return to the truth of the Apostolic Gospel would incorporate the full range of their teaching, in correct balance. What I have experienced is that there is a wide range of differing views on many of these subjects, including what you have briefly stated.

Kind regards
Trevor

BoyStan

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Many are called, but to be chosen one must respond to that call and be faithful.

Preach Jesus Christ to every creature, and God will open the hearts(regenerate) those he has chosen from eternity past in Christ. This is the only way that God gets all the glory and men get none.
No-one is chosen when they respond to hearing the gospel. That would be a works gospel

Zeke

The elitism of such man created dogma is carnal corruption of the unknowable depths the dead letter is but a shadow of, it rejects righteous judgment that we are supposed to be under if we partake of the bread of life that judges no man by appearance, the light that lights all men/life who comes into this world defuses this pride filled mentality which breeds this spiritual lotto nonsense, false humility, conditional love, respecter of persons hides behind I am chosen/religious ego while others are just filler for you're void called impossible.