Rescue Mode

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hello. I lived much of my life as a Lifeguard, saving lives. In regard to Law and the gospel there are things that a person must be rescued from if they are guilty of having committed that sin or transgression of or against the law. Part of this rescue mode has to do with the gospel. Part of it has to do with proclaiming the law so much (having proclaimed the law so much) that people are stirred up against those they should rescue, if possible. That I have run out of room to preach the gospel preaching the law so much. So, if it is possible I would like to rescue. A person admitting sin either is in the context of forgiveness replete of reference to condemnation, judgment, or prosecution. On the other hand it is sin that a person must be rescued from. Is it impossible to inherit salvation if you are a murderer? What is and are the kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven? What about the things that some Christians used to be? Kinds of sinners. If you have sinned are you a sinner forever or can you ever become not a sinner? It is not their life any more. What can a person be rescued from or of, and what is required for that rescue to take place? Is immunity in regard to the law granted, or does prosecution take place even if forgiveness has been granted by God and the individual? The trouble of preaching the gospel of the church in respect to secular government which would prosecute rather than safe haven. Think in some cases city of refuge and due process of the law.

I am in rescue mode. May I plead with you and do you plead your case? Are you innocent of what you have been charged with or what you might be charged of in the face of the Law that convicts condemns and sometimes kills? Can we leave murder of a neighbor or pacifism whether or not there was murder? Do we observe the Law and rescue sinners? Or do we preach salvation and the forgiveness of sins for all sinners including ourselves? What can be done, and what can we do here? This thread requires active participation. You need not participate more than you are willing to do. If you think that you can be rescued do participate. If you don't know, lets attack the reason why. We will examine the individual in regard to his sin and the damaging effects against the body. And for the victim (maybe a different place for this would be better, safe for those who have been harmed) or person who suffers or experiences persecution for beliefs these things that we go through in life let us have a conversation that employs full use of the scriptures, however much time it takes to reply.

May you be rescued, by the blood of Jesus. Ask if you do not know what this means.

Participation by those interested in this subject is welcome and welcomed.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
One commandment is to not murder. It is one of many commandments. But it is one. And it is a very important one. It is one that can be discussed.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I could not find about not inheriting if you are a murderer. Perhaps it is not there. Any help anyone?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Here is a verse that might be relevant.

1 John 3:15 NASB - 15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Here is a place we can begin, with the commandment.

You shall not murder

Exodus 20:13 NASB - 13 "You shall not murder.

Deuteronomy 5:17 NASB - 17 'You shall not murder.

Matthew 5:21 NASB - 21 "You have heard that the ancients were told, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER' and 'Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.'

Matthew 19:18 NASB - 18 [Then] he said to Him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS;

Romans 13:9 NASB - 9 For this, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Here is something for the idea of those who will not inherit and also the famous such were some of you.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 NASB - 9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor [the] covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Galatians 5:1-26 NASB - 1 It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery. 2 Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you. 3 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. 4 You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love. 7 You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion [did] not [come] from Him who calls you. 9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump [of dough.] 10 I have confidence in you in the Lord that you will adopt no other view; but the one who is disturbing you will bear his judgment, whoever he is. 11 But I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted? Then the stumbling block of the cross has been abolished. 12 I wish that those who are troubling you would even mutilate themselves. 13 For you were called to freedom, brethren; only [do] not [turn] your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the [statement,] "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." 15 But if you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another. 16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. 17 For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. 19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26 Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Pacifism. Love your neighbor and love your enemy.

What if it is a person telling their enemy that it is not acceptable to kill your enemy in Jesus Christ? Suspicion. Because is this in the interest of self-preservation rather than obedience to God and loving your neighbor as yourself, be it that you yourself are viewed as their enemy. Where is it, your motivation, in the convincing?

Matthew 5:43-48 NASB - 43 "You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.' 44 "But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on [the] evil and [the] good, and sends rain on [the] righteous and [the] unrighteous. 46 "For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 "If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing [than others?] Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Sins against one's body.

1 Corinthians 6:18 NASB - 18 Flee immorality. Every [other] sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The deeds of the flesh and the fruit of the Spirit.

Galatians 5:19-26 NASB - 19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26 Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The deeds of the flesh and the fruit of the Spirit.

Galatians 5:19-26 NASB - 19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26 Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.

With the fruit of the Spirit is this the result or outworking of the Spirit of God in the life of the believer, in whom the Spirit of God dwells by faith having been born again? Rather than something to work for or toward or can a person strive to do these things or make a commitment to do so?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Living according to the flesh, the things of the body.

Romans 8:1-39 NASB - 1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God [did:] sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and [as an offering] for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able [to do so,] 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. 10 If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. 12 So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh-- 13 for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with [Him] so that we may also be glorified with [Him.] 18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. 23 And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for [our] adoption as sons, the redemption of our body. 24 For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he [already] sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it. 26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for [us] with groanings too deep for words; 27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to [the will of] God. 28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to [His] purpose. 29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined [to become] conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30 and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified. 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God [is] for us, who [is] against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? 33 Who will bring a charge against God's elect? God is the one who justifies; 34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. 35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 Just as it is written, "FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG; WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED." 37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Romans 8:1-39 NASB 27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to [the will of] God.

Is this God Jesus the Holy Spirit or someone else such as someone in the congregation you attend?

Romans 8:27 KJV - 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God.

glorydaz

Hello. I lived much of my life as a Lifeguard, saving lives. In regard to Law and the gospel there are things that a person must be rescued from if they are guilty of having committed that sin or transgression of or against the law.

I was a lifeguard, too, Those who didn't mind the rules found themselves in deep water.

I was also a swimming instructor. I taught people how to swim, so they no longer needed the lawguard...I mean lifeguard.

Lifeguards are like the law....only there to show people they haven't followed the rules.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I was a lifeguard, too, Those who didn't mind the rules found themselves in deep water.

I was also a swimming instructor. I taught people how to swim, so they no longer needed the lawguard...I mean lifeguard.

Lifeguards are like the law....only there to show people they haven't followed the rules.

Very good. Rules are good or people get hurt or injured, from a scrape to the skin with a fall to drowning or near drowning.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Pacifism. Love your neighbor and love your enemy.

What if it is a person telling their enemy that it is not acceptable to kill your enemy in Jesus Christ? Suspicion. Because is this in the interest of self-preservation rather than obedience to God and loving your neighbor as yourself, be it that you yourself are viewed as their enemy. Where is it, your motivation, in the convincing?

Matthew 5:43-48 NASB - 43 "You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.' 44 "But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on [the] evil and [the] good, and sends rain on [the] righteous and [the] unrighteous. 46 "For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 "If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing [than others?] Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

this is what Jesus says:

Luke 6:27-36 King James Version)

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32For if ye love them which love you what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
34And if ye to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Fatheralso is merciful.

glorydaz

Very good. Rules are good or people get hurt or injured, from a scrape to the skin with a fall to drowning or near drowning.

They still get injured, and they still drown.

Teach them to swim and the lifeguard won't be needed even as a warning.