Religious Reprobates and the Gospel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
Just as there are unbelievers that are reprobates, so there are also religious reprobates that are unbelievers that do not believe the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ. They are just as lost as the unbelieving reprobates. No one will be saved without faith in Christ and his Gospel. To reject the Gospel is to reject Jesus Christ. Paul wrote,

"They are ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith" 2 Timothy 3:7, 8.

"Reprobate concerning the faith" They have abandoned the Gospel and justification by faith and have embraced a doctrine that is in conflict with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. A reprobate cannot be saved. They have rejected the Gospel so many times that the Holy Spirit has given up on them. No one can come to Christ without the convicting power of the Holy Spirit. They have become reprobates.

This is indeed very sad, but there is nothing that anyone can do about it. When the Holy Spirit is no longer able to convict someone of their need for Christ and his Gospel they have become reprobates and are eternally lost. This is why no matter how much scripture you show them they are not able to understand and comprehend the Gospel. They are spiritually dead and the Gospel is hid from them.

"But if our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: in whom the God of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ, who is the image of God should shine unto them" 2 Corinthians 4:3,4.

Religious reprobates believe that they have the truth, but when confronted with the truth of the scriptures and the Gospel their false doctrine fails. This does not bother them because they don't have the Holy Spirit that is the teacher of truth, John 16:13, to teach them. I have witnessed to several people that are religious reprobates. When you explain the Gospel to them by the scriptures, their eyes just seem to glass over and they seem to go into a stupor, like they never heard what I said to them. They are spiritually dead.

Belief or unbelief in the Gospel of Jesus Christ determines who is a Christian and who is not. Paul wrote,

"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

They heard the Gospel but it did nothing for them. Were they reprobates? We don't know. It is not our business to try and figure out who is a reprobate and who isn't. Our business is to teach and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The results of our effort are not always known to us. Some Christians are waterers of the word and some are sowers. Whether you are watering or sowing, it is good to remember that Jesus will do the reaping and not us.

Robert Pate

Banned
The first paragraph declares boldly that you haven't got a clue what you are saying.

There are two kinds of reprobates. Those that are NOT religious and those that ARE religious. This article is about the religious reprobates that have rejected the Gospel and justification by faith.

Truster

There are two kinds of reprobates. Those that are NOT religious and those that ARE religious. This article is about the religious reprobates that have rejected the Gospel and justification by faith.

A reprobate is a reprobate. Irrespective of race, creed, religion or anything else. They are reprobate, because they have been rejected.

One given interpretation is: "men whose minds are beclouded with their own speculation". This is proof and not cause of reprobation. I read this and thought of you pate.

Just as there are unbelievers that are reprobates, so there are also religious reprobates that are unbelievers that do not believe the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ. They are just as lost as the unbelieving reprobates. No one will be saved without faith in Christ and his Gospel. To reject the Gospel is to reject Jesus Christ. Paul wrote,

"They are ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith" 2 Timothy 3:7, 8.

"Reprobate concerning the faith" They have abandoned the Gospel and justification by faith and have embraced a doctrine that is in conflict with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. A reprobate cannot be saved. They have rejected the Gospel so many times that the Holy Spirit has given up on them. No one can come to Christ without the convicting power of the Holy Spirit. They have become reprobates.

This is indeed very sad, but there is nothing that anyone can do about it. When the Holy Spirit is no longer able to convict someone of their need for Christ and his Gospel they have become reprobates and are eternally lost. This is why no matter how much scripture you show them they are not able to understand and comprehend the Gospel. They are spiritually dead and the Gospel is hid from them.

"But if our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: in whom the God of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ, who is the image of God should shine unto them" 2 Corinthians 4:3,4.

Religious reprobates believe that they have the truth, but when confronted with the truth of the scriptures and the Gospel their false doctrine fails. This does not bother them because they don't have the Holy Spirit that is the teacher of truth, John 16:13, to teach them. I have witnessed to several people that are religious reprobates. When you explain the Gospel to them by the scriptures, their eyes just seem to glass over and they seem to go into a stupor, like they never heard what I said to them. They are spiritually dead.

Belief or unbelief in the Gospel of Jesus Christ determines who is a Christian and who is not. Paul wrote,

"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

They heard the Gospel but it did nothing for them. Were they reprobates? We don't know. It is not our business to try and figure out who is a reprobate and who isn't. Our business is to teach and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The results of our effort are not always known to us. Some Christians are waterers of the word and some are sowers. Whether you are watering or sowing, it is good to remember that Jesus will do the reaping and not us.

Many people, thoroughly steeped in evil, reprobate cults have repented and come around: I've witnessed this, many times, this a common testimony! Blind is blind, and everybody is blind, prior to salvation. Saul made a point of not only disputing, but seeking the skins of Christians, before becoming Paul. Neither is it clear how you know who God has written off. Though I would never, ever go as far as to say no religious reprobate can be saved, when I've seen them saved, there is a related reason I have pointed out, Robert, the futility of all the endless bickering with reprobates that goes on here. You just make yourself like a cat chasing your tail, to go around in circles with anybody who refuses to repent. The disciples were told to shake the dust from their feet and move on to the next town, not park on the doorstep of an unbeliever and bicker away the balance of their lives. And the New Testament exhorts on the very topic of this endless disputing:

1 Timothy 6

3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Philippians 2

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.

Of do we just rip those pages from scripture and have a daily truth trampling fest with reprobates?

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Truster

Many people, thoroughly steeped in evil, reprobate cults have repented and come around: I've witnessed this, many times, this a common testimony! Blind is blind, and everybody is blind, prior to salvation. Saul made a point of not only disputing, but seeking the skins of Christians, before becoming Paul. Neither is it clear how you know who God has written off. Though I would never, ever go as far as to say no religious reprobate can be saved, when I've seen them saved, there is a related reason I have pointed out, Robert, the futility of all the endless bickering with reprobates that goes on here. You just make yourself like a cat chasing your tail, to go around in circles with anybody who refuses to repent. The disciples were told to shake the dust from their feet and move on to the next town, not park on the doorstep of an unbeliever and bicker away the balance of their lives. And the New Testament exhorts on the very topic of this endless disputing:

1 Timothy 6

3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Philippians 2

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.

Of do we just rip those pages from scripture and have a daily truth trampling fest with reprobates?

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Saying a reprobate can be saved is like saying a goat can become a lamb, ludicrous.

The untrusting can become trusting only if they are granted grace to repent.

Reprobate was primarily applied to metals that are rejected.

Robert Pate

Banned
A reprobate cannot be saved, otherwise he is not a reprobate. A reprobate is a person that the Holy Spirit is no longer dealing with. There is no conviction of sin, nor is there any teaching and learning of truth. They cannot receive truth therefore they cannot hear and believe the Gospel. Only God knows who is a reprobate. I believe that there are many reprobates on this Forum. They are ever learning but not able to come to the truth of the Gospel.

Truster

A reprobate cannot be saved, otherwise he is not a reprobate. A reprobate is a person that the Holy Spirit is no longer dealing with. There is no conviction of sin, nor is there any teaching and learning of truth. They cannot receive truth therefore they cannot hear and believe the Gospel. Only God knows who is a reprobate. I believe that there are many reprobates on this Forum. They are ever learning but not able to come to the truth of the Gospel.

8/10 for doctrinal content, but only 3/10 for correct word use.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Presently There are Three Types of Persons in the World

Presently There are Three Types of Persons in the World

Just as there are unbelievers that are reprobates, so there are also religious reprobates that are unbelievers that do not believe the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ.

his article is about the religious reprobates that have rejected the Gospel and justification by faith.

Robert, your recent blog entry (i.e., article) illustrates yet another of your many misunderstandings of Scripture.

Presently, there are but three types of living people in the world: unregenerated elect, regenerated (born again) elect, and reprobate. At the eschaton, only two will remain, the elect and the reprobate.

And despite your general ransom view of the atonement...
Christ's death made salvation possible for everyone in the world, but it did not make salvation certain for anyone. It remains for the individual to make a free will choice whether or not to accept Christ's sacrifice. It is not the sovereign God’s providence which determines salvation, but human will.​

...it has been determined by God the Father from eternity exactly when and who all persons were, are, or will be members of these groups. The reprobate are all those not given to Our Lord. Which is to say, the reprobate are not a specific number of persons (John 6:37; John 6:39; John 10:29; John 17:11-12; John 17:9; John 17:22; John 18:9) that no man can number from among all the peoples of the world (Rev. 7:9), for which Our Lord's active and passive obedience was intended.

Perhaps less blog posts of articles and more serious thinking, discussion, about these matters will serve you well someday. :AMR:

AMR

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert, your recent blog entry (i.e., article) illustrates yet another of your many misunderstandings of Scripture.

Presently, there are but three types of living people in the world: unregenerated elect, regenerated (born again) elect, and reprobate. At the eschaton, only two will remain, the elect and the reprobate.

And despite your general ransom view of the atonement...
Christ's death made salvation possible for everyone in the world, but it did not make salvation certain for anyone. It remains for the individual to make a free will choice whether or not to accept Christ's sacrifice. It is not the sovereign God’s providence which determines salvation, but human will.​

...it has been determined by God the Father from eternity exactly when and who all persons were, are, or will be members of these groups. The reprobate are all those not given to Our Lord. Which is to say, the reprobate are not a specific number of persons (John 6:37; John 6:39; John 10:29; John 17:11-12; John 17:9; John 17:22; John 18:9) that no man can number from among all the peoples of the world (Rev. 7:9), for which Our Lord's active and passive obedience was intended.

Perhaps less blog posts of articles and more serious thinking, discussion, about these matters will serve you well someday. :AMR:

AMR

You want to believe that God creates reprobates. This is a terrible thing to believe about God. To think that before the foundation of the world God decided who would be lost and who would be saved is unthinkable. This means that God is an unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous tyrant. How can you possibly have faith in a God such as this?

Truster

Jesus said that his words are Spirit and truth. Not sure about your words.

He actually said that they are spirit and life pate.

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life".

Robert Pate

Banned
He actually said that they are spirit and life pate.

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life".

They are also truth because he is the way, the truth and the life, John 14:6.

Truster

They are also truth because he is the way, the truth and the life, John 14:6.

When Messiah said, "I Am The Truth" He meant absolute Truth.

First rule of holes pate, first rule of holes.

PS A scripture can only mean what it meant in the context it was given.

Do you realize these statements of yours align squarely with the Calvinism you disparage? You have the Calvinists applauding! I, for one, can see no amount of reprobate behavior as proof or conclusive evidence of being damned, when I've seen many what you're calling theological noun reprobates, as in given over to damnation and rejected by God, come to a saving faith, in this age of grace where, I firmly believe, it's not right to declare anybody Christ loved and died for a reject. We have all had minds and conduct God does not approve of and rejects, until we repent and come to Christ, are nobody to hypocritically declare another human damned. It is squarely above anybody’s pay grade to declare anybody else rejected and damned of God, nor do I see how, since you seem to recognize only God knows, you can out of the other side of your mouth declare the many here hopelessly damned. As we speak, I know a couple people I fear for, decades in deception, but nobody on earth I could say this about, nobody. Also, if you think so many are damned and hopeless, why are you daily arguing with them all day long, which we shouldn't do, even if they weren't damned and hopeless, according to scripture exhortations against such disputing already presented you?

Status
Not open for further replies.