Rediscovering true NT saving faith

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Basic understandings about Faith, and saving Faith.

I'm starting this thread to communicate a basic understanding of Faith to new members and guests. Many are passing through in an attempt to learn something about Faith and how it's applied. It is my hope that through this effort, true, NT, saving Faith, may be rediscovered for the ones God is calling out.

There are two very important words in the Greek language, one is the Greek word "Pistis", the noun which is translated "Faith" in English, and used 244 times in the NT Scriptures. Being a noun, it highlights a person, place, or thing.

The second very important word for Faith is the Greek word "pisteuo". Pisteuo is the verb form of the noun Faith. This word pisteuo is used 248 times in the Greek texts, namely the NT. This word is a verb which is an action word. Pisteuo, is an act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. This definition of pisteuo does not define the precise act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence, that would result in becoming "in Christ." I'l explain what that specific act is as the thread progresses.

To start this understanding about Faith and faithing, it extremely important to know that when the translators were translating the Greek texts into English, the English language had no word for the translators to use to translate Pisteuo, the verb form of Faith. Thats right, the English language doesn't have a word for the verb form of Faith. This Greek word "pisteuo" could be the most important word the world has ever known , to us desiring to follow Christ.

Normally, to take a noun to a verb in English, we would just add the correct endings. The words the English should have had for the translators are faithe, faither, and faithing. But those are not words that are in the English language. So you could just put yourself in the translators shoes, and sense the gravity of getting the translation of this word pisteuo correct.

I don't know how long they must have searched for the best word available, but they decided to use the words believe, believer, and believing. Now remember, faith is an act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. Belief in any way shape or form is only a part of the true meaning of faith. Taken by it's own meaning is an error of epic proportions.

And that is exactly what we have in todays churches. This mistranslation of pisteuo has derailed the true definition of this word pisteuo. The true definition of pisteuo in the strongs Greek dictionary is, "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded and place confidence in. Trust, reliance upon , not mere credence, commit unto, be committed unto."

Although the Strongs warns us, pisteuo does not mean to just believe, it's definition of pisteuo does not define the specific act of trust, reliance upon, be committed unto. But the Vines does.
The Vines Greek dictionary defines pisteuo as , "A personal surrender to Him, and a conduct inspired by such surrender." Now remember this definition is what should be communicated every time, instead of the mistranslated words believe, believer, and believing . 248 times this mistranslation has occurred in the NT.

I realize that 99.9 % of the bible teachers out there are teaching exactly what is written in their bibles, but whats written is wrong. Nothing will result in just "believing" in Jesus.

The OT had to pictorial words for Faith in Hebrew.

One , was to running to the shelter of a mother birds wings. emphasis on the continual running.

And two, To lean on a staff. emphasis on the continual leaning on the staff, with all your weight behind it. Nothing left back.

The continual surrendering of our lives to Him, and a life inspired by that surrender is NT saving faith. And it has been lost to time and history. May God leed us back to the narrow path.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
One of the things misunderstood about Faith is that faith is only a religeous act, we perform acts of faith nearly every second of every day on all sorts of things.

Faith being an act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence, how many times a day do we perform acts of faith? Faith has gotten the bad rap that it is only something religeous. We as human beings are faithers by nature. Thats basically all we do all day. But though we might be fulfilling acts of faith and faithing all day every day, only one act, based upon one belief, sustained by confidence is NT saving Faith.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Faith also includes trusting - Trust that Jesus Christ Died for your sins and you are saved and sealed

Ephesians 1:12 KJV - Ephesians 1:13 KJV - Ephesians 1:14 KJV -

12 That we should be to the praise of His glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: In whom also after you believed, you were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
pisteuo does not mean to just believe

I disagree.

Sinners are justified by faith (believing in God's Word) alone.

Any other message, that adds any other supposed element or criteria to simply believing the Gospel message, results in works!!!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Faith also includes trusting - Trust that Jesus Christ Died for your sins and you are saved and sealed

Ephesians 1:12 KJV - Ephesians 1:13 KJV - Ephesians 1:14 KJV -

12 That we should be to the praise of His glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: In whom also after you believed, you were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory.

Yes. Saving belief in Christ includes trust.

Trusting and resting in the Gospel of Jesus Christ . . are the resultant effects of causal (saving) faith.

However, trusting is not a humanistic criteria to be added to belief, lest that trust be made a work necessitating the validation of faith.

Sinners are justified by faith (belief) alone.

Bradley D

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1). For those who asked Jesus to heal them the most important thing is that they believed Jesus could do it. My faith today is that I believe in Christ and that he will get me though all difficulties. And Jesus has.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Faith is an act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence.

What specific act can be performed that can fulfill the starting point of a relationship with God?

It couldn't have anything to do with Gods Word, because one, at the Start of the relationship, Christ, His Spirit, and His Word are not ours to claim. Two, it has to be something that could apply to millions upon millions of people before 1500 when the written word started to be circulated for the masses.

So what could the specific act of faith and faithing be that can start the relationship that still serves those two points. It can't be "believing" in Gods Word, in the beginning it not ours yet. It couldn't be Gods Word because millions of people before the 1500's have never had the exposier to Gods Word.

It should be possible to start a relationship with Christ without even knowing the name of Christ. Before the written Word, God the Father "draws" people to Christ, so if someone was being drawn by the Father to Christ, but they didn't know His name, can they still start that relationship with Christ?

The answer is YES!

Because the application of Faith is the verb "pisteuo" and is " A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." (as per the Vines Greek dictionary)

This act can be fulfilled and honored by God as the start of having a relationship with Christ. This could be done by someone in the year 972 or any year before Gods Word was in circulation. This could also be done before Gods Word is ours to Claim.

We need to rediscover the true act of saving Faith, pisteuo, that has been lost to time and history.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1). For those who asked Jesus to heal them the most important thing is that they believed Jesus could do it. My faith today is that I believe in Christ and that he will get me though all difficulties. And Jesus has.

Hi bradley, that use of the word Faith is the noun. I'm highlighting the specific act of Faith, the verb,or what should be called faithing. The English word Faith is pistis in the Greek texts used 244 times in the NT. The verb form has no word in English to translate the verb pisteuo in the Greek texts used 248 times in the NT.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I disagree.

Sinners are justified by faith (believing in God's Word) alone.

Any other message, that adds any other supposed element or criteria to simply believing the Gospel message, results in works!!!

I respect your right to disagree with what i posted. But your disagreement isn't with me but with facts from the English language, and the Greek scholars that translate and define the Greek language.

Facts,

1) The English language has no verb form of the Noun "Faith".

2) The Greek verb for Faith, "pisteuo", was mistranslated into the English Bibles.

3) The Strongs Greek dictionary gives the disclaimer, right at the beginning of defining what pisteuo means. It says and i quote, "Pisteuo means not just to believe."

4) Although the strongs doesn't define NT saving faith, the Vines does. I quote, " A personal surrender to Him, and a conduct inspired by such surrender."

These 4 facts are not my opinion, they are facts that must be foundational building blocks to true NT saving Faith and faithing.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Here are some examples of the faithing (pisteuo) we all do every day.

1) Did you check gravity before you got out of bed this morning? You hop out of bed every day acting on the belief, that you are not going to float up to the ceiling. And you sustain that act, based upon a belief when you stand up and walk.

2) Did you check to see if your legs work before you used them this morning? It's an act of faithing when you act upon the belief that they work and complete the act based upon the belief by actually using your legs. thats faithing.

3)When you put your mail in the mail box today, did you make sure the mailman was going to do his job right today. Or maybe that there was mail service at all? This is Faithing! The act of putting the mail in the mail box, based upon the belief it would go where it's supposed to, sustained by walking away with complete confidense that it would arrive at it's location on time.

I know i could have come up with better examples, breathing, starting your car, going through an intersection trusting that the other person will honor the lights as you do. There are thousands of acts, based upon a belief, sustained by confidense, that we perform everyday. That is what faithing (pisteuo) is. We don't recognize this act as faith because we don't have a word for it in our language.

The Faith or faithing that saves is the act of personally surrendering our life and will to God, with the belief that He will take the surrendered life, and sustained with confident decisions that prove our life is not our own anymore, but His. And that we really are performing or fulfilling the daily surrendering of our life and will to Him, and show God we are genuinely surrendering our life and will to Him.

This is the Faith and faithing that starts the relationship, before the Spirit of Christ, Christ, and His Word are ours to claim.

This is the Faith and faithing that maintains the relationship, after we are sealed with His Spirit, Chrsit is ours and being formed in our hearts, and His Word is ours to claim.

This is the Faith and faithing that completes the relationship here on this earth. After God has regenerated us into faithers, that are responding with saving faith. At this point, it is harder to get out of Gods will , than it is to stay in it.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Basic understandings about Faith, and saving Faith.

I'm starting this thread to communicate a basic understanding of Faith to new members and guests. Many are passing through in an attempt to learn something about Faith and how it's applied. It is my hope that through this effort, true, NT, saving Faith, may be rediscovered for the ones God is calling out.

There are two very important words in the Greek language, one is the Greek word "Pistis", the noun which is translated "Faith" in English, and used 244 times in the NT Scriptures. Being a noun, it highlights a person, place, or thing.

The second very important word for Faith is the Greek word "pisteuo". Pisteuo is the verb form of the noun Faith. This word pisteuo is used 248 times in the Greek texts, namely the NT. This word is a verb which is an action word. Pisteuo, is an act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. This definition of pisteuo does not define the precise act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence, that would result in becoming "in Christ." I'l explain what that specific act is as the thread progresses.

To start this understanding about Faith and faithing, it extremely important to know that when the translators were translating the Greek texts into English, the English language had no word for the translators to use to translate Pisteuo, the verb form of Faith. Thats right, the English language doesn't have a word for the verb form of Faith. This Greek word "pisteuo" could be the most important word the world has ever known , to us desiring to follow Christ.

Normally, to take a noun to a verb in English, we would just add the correct endings. The words the English should have had for the translators are faithe, faither, and faithing. But those are not words that are in the English language. So you could just put yourself in the translators shoes, and sense the gravity of getting the translation of this word pisteuo correct.

I don't know how long they must have searched for the best word available, but they decided to use the words believe, believer, and believing. Now remember, faith is an act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. Belief in any way shape or form is only a part of the true meaning of faith. Taken by it's own meaning is an error of epic proportions.

And that is exactly what we have in todays churches. This mistranslation of pisteuo has derailed the true definition of this word pisteuo. The true definition of pisteuo in the strongs Greek dictionary is, "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded and place confidence in. Trust, reliance upon , not mere credence, commit unto, be committed unto."

Although the Strongs warns us, pisteuo does not mean to just believe, it's definition of pisteuo does not define the specific act of trust, reliance upon, be committed unto. But the Vines does.
The Vines Greek dictionary defines pisteuo as , "A personal surrender to Him, and a conduct inspired by such surrender." Now remember this definition is what should be communicated every time, instead of the mistranslated words believe, believer, and believing . 248 times this mistranslation has occurred in the NT.

I realize that 99.9 % of the bible teachers out there are teaching exactly what is written in their bibles, but whats written is wrong. Nothing will result in just "believing" in Jesus.

The OT had to pictorial words for Faith in Hebrew.

One , was to running to the shelter of a mother birds wings. emphasis on the continual running.

And two, To lean on a staff. emphasis on the continual leaning on the staff, with all your weight behind it. Nothing left back.

The continual surrendering of our lives to Him, and a life inspired by that surrender is NT saving faith. And it has been lost to time and history. May God leed us back to the narrow path.

Christ is formed in your heart by Faith. Christ is formed in our hearts by the continual surrendering of our life and will to Him, and a life inspired by that surrender.

God's Truth

Christ is formed in your heart by Faith. Christ is formed in our hearts by the continual surrendering of our life and will to Him, and a life inspired by that surrender.

Jesus gives his Holy Spirit to live in the hearts of those who believe and obey him.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Without Faith, it is impossible to please God. Without a continual daily surrendering of our lives to God, it is impossible to please Him.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Saving faith is always faith in Christ and his Gospel, Plus nothing.

Faith = pistis, noun

faithing = pisteuo, verb

pisteuo defined as per Vines, "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender."

This definition was the correct context every time pisteuo was used in the NT.

Where ever you read Believe, believer or believing in your NT, thats pisteuo, 4100 in the Strongs. replace believe, believer, and believing with the correct definition and you'll have the correct understanding

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Saving faith is always faith in Christ and his Gospel, Plus nothing.

How about addressing these facts?

2) The Greek verb for Faith, "pisteuo", was mistranslated into the English Bibles.

3) The Strongs Greek dictionary gives the disclaimer, right at the beginning of defining what pisteuo means. It says and i quote, "Pisteuo means not just to believe."

4) Although the strongs doesn't define NT saving faith, the Vines does. I quote, " A personal surrender to Him, and a conduct inspired by such surrender."

These 4 facts are not my opinion, they are facts that must be foundational building blocks to true NT saving Faith and faithing.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
How about addressing these facts?

This is why i called the thread "rediscovering true NT saving Faith". Because the true understanding of it has been lost to time and history. You would think that pisteuo being a verb, an action word would cause some investigation. That fact that the church world has built their understanding and relationship with Christ on a mistranslation , means they are on the wide path and have no true saving relationship with Him.