PRETERIST - Truth of scripture pointed out.

iamaberean

Preterist

A person who maintains that all prophecies in the Apocalypse have already been fulfilled.

List of truth that most Christians do not believe.

1. The bible was not written to us, it was written for us to understand God.

a. The Old Testament was written to the Jews.

b. The Gospels were written about Jesus, the Messiah, coming to his own, the Jews.

c. The Epistles were written to the early churches.

d. The book of Revelation was written to the seven churches of Asia, that existed at the time it was written.

These are facts confirmed by the bible itself, yet many people still believe otherwise. As we go along I will explain more about the above. An open mind will be required to accept some of these facts. Scripture of God is the only truth.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Old Testament is of the Father, the New Testament is of the Son, Psalms, Proverbs, and episltes are of the Spirit.

Yes, they overlap each other.

Where does Revelation fit into all this? Well, Revelation is all three at work. The Father smites, the Son reigns, and the Spirit quickens.

It's the finale.

Preterism does not appreciate that.

beameup

The Hebrew Epistles were written to Jews that still had a hope and goal of Messiah returning to establish his earthly kingdom in Israel. As such, they have a yet-future (ie: Tribulation) application.

Epoisses

The Hebrew Epistles were written to Jews that still had a hope and goal of Messiah returning to establish his earthly kingdom in Israel. As such, they have a yet-future (ie: Tribulation) application.

And which epistles are the Hebrew epistles?

Your theology is a joke and only accepted by those who have been spoon fed it since baptism. No rational person without an agenda would ever read the bible and come to your conclusions. The early church contained Jewish and Gentile believers. Every epistle or letter in the NT deals with this dynamic in some manner.

iamaberean

God has chosen a people for his own. They are generally called 'the children of Israel'(in Hebrew the word Israel is, 'one who rules as God.') The children of Israel only applies to those of faith. Isaac had two boys one was worldly, Esau (no faith), and the other was a child of faith, Jacob. Jacob was given the symbolic name 'Israel' though he would never rule as God.

Paul, in Romans, explains the children of Israel are the one's of faith, so when he said "all of Israel would be saved", he was speaking about those of faith.

When Jesus came unto his people, it was pointed out that Jesus was the true Israel. So today, it is understood that the children of Israel are Christians, Jews and Gentiles.

Swifty357

Preterist have a lot of questions they cant answer like, when did jesus come down in the mount of olives splitting the mountain and save Jerusalem from Armageddon? Where was the 1000 year reign of Christ as earthly ruler? What about the mark of the beast? The antichrist? The great hailstone that kills millions? Where is New Jerusalem the city that comes out of heaven? You are decieved sir and you doubt the power of God and do not take God at his word. He promised these things to us in prophecy. Jesus is coming back to earth like he left it, from heaven with an army of angels.

Sent from my LGLK430 using TheologyOnline mobile app

iamaberean

Preterist have a lot of questions they cant answer like, when did jesus come down in the mount of olives splitting the mountain and save Jerusalem from Armageddon? Where was the 1000 year reign of Christ as earthly ruler? What about the mark of the beast? The antichrist? The great hailstone that kills millions? Where is New Jerusalem the city that comes out of heaven? You are decieved sir and you doubt the power of God and do not take God at his word. He promised these things to us in prophecy. Jesus is coming back to earth like he left it, from heaven with an army of angels.

Sent from my LGLK430 using TheologyOnline mobile app

I don't have answers for all of Revelation because it is written in symbolic language. Maybe three of them.

1. The word 'thousand' is an unknown amount unless a qualifier is used, such as one, two , etc.

2. The great hailstones are mentioned in 'The Wars of the Jews' when the Roman army used their engines, catapults, to loft great white stones that looked like hail stones.

3. New Jerusalem, is the new covenant, where there is no more sea, meaning no more separation of Jews and Gentiles.

Danoh

I don't have answers for all of Revelation because it is written in symbolic language. Maybe three of them.

1. The word 'thousand' is an unknown amount unless a qualifier is used, such as one, two , etc.

2. The great hailstones are mentioned in 'The Wars of the Jews' when the Roman army used their engines, catapults, to loft great white stones that looked like hail stones.

3. New Jerusalem, is the new covenant, where there is no more sea, meaning no more separation of Jews and Gentiles.

So, one is symbolic; two is literal (because that is what the Preterist reads into the words of a lost; self-serving Jew, and traitor to his people) and three is symbolic.

What...

A...

Mess...

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Well, no.
Revelation 11:3 KJV
(3) And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Revelation 12:6 KJV
(6) And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.​

Don't have to have a numerical qualifier in front of "thousand" anymore than you have to have a numerical qualifier in front of "hundred".

Matthew 18:12 KJV
(12) How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

iamaberean

So, one is symbolic; two is literal (because that is what the Preterist reads into the words of a lost; self-serving Jew, and traitor to his people) and three is symbolic.

What...

A...

Mess...

I should have said 'most of it is written in symbolic language' for some of it is very plain.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Rev 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
Rev 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

beameup

And which epistles are the Hebrew epistles?

Your theology is a joke and only accepted by those who have been spoon fed it since baptism. No rational person without an agenda would ever read the bible and come to your conclusions. The early church contained Jewish and Gentile believers. Every epistle or letter in the NT deals with this dynamic in some manner.

"Your Theology" is obviously the standard Replacement Theology originating with 4th century Catholicism,
and makes no dispensational distinctions in history nor in the Scriptures, viewing the entire "Bible" as one single unit written for Christians.

iamaberean

Well, no.
Revelation 11:3 KJV
(3) And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Revelation 12:6 KJV
(6) And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.​

Don't have to have a numerical qualifier in front of "thousand" anymore than you have to have a numerical qualifier in front of "hundred".

Matthew 18:12 KJV
(12) How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

All three of the above have qualifiers, they just came after.

Here is one that I am sure we can agree:

Psa 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

No one could honestly believe that God only has cattle on one thousand hills.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
d. The book of Revelation was written to the seven churches of Asia, that existed at the time it was written.

-why would john introduce himself three times in the first chapter?
-why is victorinus not aware of the seven churches or antipas?
-why is eusebius not aware of the seven churches or antipas?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All three of the above have qualifiers, they just came after.
None of the numbers that came after are for "thousand" ("two" goes with hundred, not thousand).

Here is one that I am sure we can agree:

Psa 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

No one could honestly believe that God only has cattle on one thousand hills.
The verse does not say "only".
You could also question why only the beasts of the forest are His, but not beasts in other places.
But that would also be jumping to conclusion, because the verse does not say those are the only beasts that are His.

For some reason the beast of the forest (and not beasts elsewhere) are mentioned, and the cattle on 1000 hills (and not cattle elsewhere) are mentioned.

The way in which you ask the question ---- when say no one could believe God only has cattle on 1000 hills ------ then you would also have to question why God only has the beasts of the forest, and not any beasts of the valley.
Are not the beasts of the valley also His?
Of course they are.
But for some reason, not all beasts and cattle everywhere are mentioned, but only beasts of the forest and only the cattle on 1000 hills are specifically mentioned (apart from beasts and cattle elsewhere).
I would suggest that there is a reason God specifies a limited group of beasts and a limited group of cattle for the context of the story, instead of including all beasts and cattle everywhere.

Just as in the very next verse .......
Psalms 50:11 KJV​
(11) I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.

Again, God does not say all the fowls everywhere or all the wild beasts everywhere, but specifies a limited group of both the fowls and the wild beasts for the context of the story.

So it would be equally foolish for me to ask if you believe that God only has the wild beasts of the field , but has none elsewhere based on verse 11.

Epoisses

"Your Theology" is obviously the standard Replacement Theology originating with 4th century Catholicism,
and makes no dispensational distinctions in history nor in the Scriptures, viewing the entire "Bible" as one single unit written for Christians.

My theology would be closest to new covenant theology where we are governed by the law of Christ or the love of God and the old covenant with all it's rules and regulations has passed away for believers. And Yes the church has replaced Israel but what passes for church today is a joke and an embarrassment to Christ.