Praying Is Very Serious

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Praying For What--A Prayer is very serious.
Mark 11:17
17 Then He taught, saying to them, "Is it not written, 'My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations'? But you have made it a 'den of thieves.'"
Mark 11:24
24 "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
Mark 11:23
23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says.
Mark 11:25-26
25 "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
26 "But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."
James 4:1-8

1 Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members?
2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask.
3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.
4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, "The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously"?
6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble."
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
I Jn 5:14-15
14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
(NKJ)
xxx Remember only if you pray according to His will. If you don't pray according to His will He can send you strong delusions.

II Th 2:11-12
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
(NKJ)

rstrats

There are probably at least a few hundred prayers being said around the world at any given moment. I wonder how the recipient can keep them all sorted out?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There are probably at least a few hundred prayers being said around the world at any given moment. I wonder how the recipient can keep them all sorted out?

I said
The better question is how many of them prayers does God even hear.

John 9:31
31 "Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.
(NKJ)

Truster

NSA can track all emails, phone calls and text being sent. You think this is a problem for the Almighty? Thoughts are like words to Him and He hears everything. As soon as Satan had the first sinful and fatal thought The Eternal Almighty heard it.

It works both ways as David discovered, "How great are Thy intents towards me. If I were to number them they are greater than sand".

rstrats

Squeaky,
re: "The better question is how many of them prayers does God even hear. John 9:31 'Now we know that God does not hear sinners...'"

I wonder how He first determines during each moment which prayers are not from sinners and then deal with the next moment, and then the next moment, etc.? It brings up visions of Lucy on the candy conveyer line.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
NSA can track all emails, phone calls and text being sent. You think this is a problem for the Almighty? Thoughts are like words to Him and He hears everything. As soon as Satan had the first sinful and fatal thought The Eternal Almighty heard it.

It works both ways as David discovered, "How great are Thy intents towards me. If I were to number them they are greater than sand".

I said\
Good point.
[Heb 4:13
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things [are] naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we [must give] account.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky,
re: "The better question is how many of them prayers does God even hear. John 9:31 'Now we know that God does not hear sinners...'"

I wonder how He first determines during each moment which prayers are not from sinners and then deal with the next moment, and then the next moment, etc.? It brings up visions of Lucy on the candy conveyer line.

I said
I used to wonder a lot of things like that. Then I discovered what foolish questions were. Even in our own minds.

[2Ti 2:23
23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.