Post, Pre, or Amillennialism?

C Bennett

So for those of you that are Pre-millennial and believe in the rapture you have a problem... In Matthew 13 Jesus tells the parable of the wheat and the tares in which the wheat represents the saved and the tares the unsaved. When the servants of the master in this parable ask if the tares should be uprooted the master replies "Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn." (Matthew 13:30)

If we a raptured leaving the unbelievers behind that is not 'growing together until the harvest' and it certainly is not 'gathering the tares FIRST'.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So for those of you that are Pre-millennial and believe in the rapture you have a problem... In Matthew 13 Jesus tells the parable of the wheat and the tares in which the wheat represents the saved and the tares the unsaved. When the servants of the master in this parable ask if the tares should be uprooted the master replies "Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn." (Matthew 13:30)

If we a raptured leaving the unbelievers behind that is not 'growing together until the harvest' and it certainly is not 'gathering the tares FIRST'.

The burning of the wicked does not occur until after the "thousand years"

The first resurrection occurs at Christs return at the beginning of the "thousand years" when also only the living wicked are killed, but not thrown into hell.

LA

iamaberean

Parables can not be understood by those who don't rightly divide the word of God. Jesus said so:
Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
Mat 13:12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Mat 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
Mat 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

The simple way to understand is the old fashion way. Ask yourself:
Who?
What?
Where?
When?

Who is speaking? Jesus
Who is Jesus speaking to? His disciples, Jews.
What is the subject matter? The last days, judgment, end of the age for the Jews.
Where would it happen? In the field, Israel - Jerusalem.
When would it happen? In their generation.

Jesus ask his disciples:
Mat 13:51 Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.