Plate Tectonics Debunked- reopened

chair

Stripe has apparently closed his thread, but I would like to continue the discussion...

He has said that "You two seem to have a fascination with trying to teach me stuff that I spent thousands of dollars studying for three years."

I am interested in seeing some type of report summarizing this research in more detail. And yes- I did read the thread.

So- Stripe- do you have a report that we could read?

gcthomas

Stripe has apparently closed his thread, but I would like to continue the discussion...

He has raised some of these geology topics in the past, and has had his misconceptions roundly debunked. But he never learns, and it seems he never benefitted from those thousnds of dollars he wasted 'studying' at a School of Earth Sciences.

Why does Stripe think that plate tectonics predicts smooth separation of rocks, when it is obvious that the the separation should produce not smooth separation, but smooth build up of strain. The strain will be releases by rock fractures, causing earthquakes. He seems to think that earthquakes are an independent causal agent. (Think of the squeaky sound you get when you rub a finger on glass, or chalk on a black board. The Strain builds up continually, but is released in intervals producing the sound equivalent of earthquakes.)

He presents a photo of a small rift as if it wasn't part of a wider rift zone, then suggests that the measured movement wasn't the right sort of movement. How many sorts of movement are there?

He repeats the same misconception as previously that all mantle convection is of magma, when the solid mantle peridotite rock itself is what is primarily convecting. The magma is irrelevent.

He seems to be one of those people educated a great cost way beyond their ability to absorb anything beyond junior school level, but suffers from a severe case of the Dunning-Kruger effect. He seemed to enjoy trumpeting that he spent time at university classes pretending to have understood what he is now criticising. It is very sad, really.

chair

He is a sad case, but I find it difficult to completely ignore him. His "arguments", antics and tricks (like closing a thread when convenient) are exasperating. But perhaps we just encourage him by arguing.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

He has said that "You two seem to have a fascination with trying to teach me stuff that I spent thousands of dollars studying for three years."

I am interested in seeing some type of report summarizing this research in more detail. And yes- I did read the thread.

So- Stripe- do you have a report that we could read?

The OP was his magnum opus.

zoo22

My favorite aspect of that thread is the "TOL as 'geological community' delusion":

Wow - you have totally overturned a major principle in geology. When do you plan to present this earth-shattering (no pun intended) research to the geological community? I'm sure that they will want to start employing Garmins in their research.

I just did, you moron. :loser:

Stripe thinks posting at TOL is "presenting research to the geological community"?

:plain:

I wonder if he has a team of stuffed animal "peers" set up in his kitchen I mean lab, to present YouTube videos I mean "research" to.

So when is the community of geologists supposed to notice that an anonymous poster at a Christian message board has overturned plate tectonics?

What do you mean? Nazaroo saw the presented research and told Stripe to keep up the good work.