Paul's Contentious Gospel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
I really was through with this Forum, but the Holy Spirit got on my case and would not leave me alone. I am hoping that this is my farewell article.

Every where that Paul went he was followed by the religious Jews. They were as determined to stop him from preaching the Gospel as Paul was determined to preach the Gospel. Paul's Gospel always brings contention. I have been through three churches and three Forums. It is always the same, they want to get rid of me.

Paul traveled over 10,000 miles for about 20 years, preaching the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. There is something about being justified by faith apart from the works of the law that the religious hate.

No one ever suffered more for the sake of the Gospel than Paul.

"Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one".

"Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day have I been in the deep".

"In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by my own country men, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils by the sea, in perils among false brethren".

"In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness".

Besides those things that are without, that which comes upon me daily, the care of all of the churches" 2 Corinthians 11:24-28.

Once Paul was left for dead. I suppose that the religious Jews thought that they had finally gotten rid of him. But God was not through with Paul. Paul finally wound up in Rome where he was tried like a common criminal.

"At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge" 2 Timothy 4:16.

The only one that stood with Paul was Luke, all of the rest forsook him. Paul suffered martyrdom by being beheaded.

What was this Gospel that Paul preached that brings contention.

1. That all men are sinners and that there is none righteous, no not one, Romans 3:10.

2. That the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation, not works or religion, Romans 1:16.

3. That we are justified by faith alone and not by works or religion, Romans 5:1.

4. That God justifies the ungodly, by faith alone, Romans 4:5.

5. That salvation is by grace through faith, Romans 4:16.

6. That salvation is God's great free gift for all that believe in Jesus, Ephesians 2:8.

7. That we are complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

8. That Jesus fulfilled and abolished the law for us, Ephesians 2:15

The religious don't believe in any of the above, because the above is not about them. To tell a religious person that there is nothing that they can do to save themselves except to believe in Jesus is a slap in the face. This is why the Gospel is the Gospel of contention.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I really was through with this Forum, but the Holy Spirit got on my case and would not leave me alone. I am hoping that this is my farewell article.

Every where that Paul went he was followed by the religious Jews. They were as determined to stop him from preaching the Gospel as Paul was determined to preach the Gospel. Paul's Gospel always brings contention. I have been through three churches and three Forums. It is always the same, they want to get rid of me.

Paul traveled over 10,000 miles for about 20 years, preaching the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. There is something about being justified by faith apart from the works of the law that the religious hate.

No one ever suffered more for the sake of the Gospel than Paul.

"Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one".

"Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day have I been in the deep".

"In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by my own country men, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils by the sea, in perils among false brethren".

"In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness".

Besides those things that are without, that which comes upon me daily, the care of all of the churches" 2 Corinthians 11:24-28.

Once Paul was left for dead. I suppose that the religious Jews thought that they had finally gotten rid of him. But God was not through with Paul. Paul finally wound up in Rome where he was tried like a common criminal.

"At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge" 2 Timothy 4:16.

The only one that stood with Paul was Luke, all of the rest forsook him. Paul suffered martyrdom by being beheaded.

What was this Gospel that Paul preached that brings contention.

1. That all men are sinners and that there is none righteous, no not one, Romans 3:10.

2. That the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation, not works or religion, Romans 1:16.

3. That we are justified by faith alone and not by works or religion, Romans 5:1.

4. That God justifies the ungodly, by faith alone, Romans 4:5.

6. That salvation is God's great free gift for all that believe in Jesus, Ephesians 2:8.

7. That we are complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

8. That Jesus fulfilled and abolished the law for us, Ephesians 2:15

The religious don't believe in any of the above, because the above is not about them. To tell a religious person that there is nothing that they can do to save themselves except to believe in Jesus is a slap in the face. This is why the Gospel is the Gospel of contention.

I said
That is your choice. But before you go try to understand the difference between saved and salvation. They are different. We are saved by grace through faith. We do not have salvation by grace through faith.

[Eph 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; [it is] the gift of God,

God grace is just that Gods grace. In His grace He came up with a new way to save is. He would send Jesus with a new covenant and new laws to obey. The law of Christ or the new testament. And we must work out our salvation.

[Phl 2:12
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

john w

Hall of Fame
Pate-Stop spamming the same thread, with just a revised title, as most of TOL is tired of your routine, just to draw attention to yourself, and prop up your fragile ego. All of your threads say the same thing. KNOCK IT OFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.