Pastor marries pregnant teen, with wife's blessing

RBBI

It totally sickens me that they use the OT to excuse their sin. If they are so concerned about following it, why aren't they following ALL of it? Oh, wait....I know.....it doesn't appeal to their flesh as much as this part does.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It totally sickens me that they use the OT to excuse their sin. If they are so concerned about following it, why aren't they following ALL of it? Oh, wait....I know.....it doesn't appeal to their flesh as much as this part does.

That.

Interplanner

But wait: perhaps it is worse that a Wesleyan U. student reported after chapel that he was offended at being told that I Cor 13 defined love and that therefore he did not. Seems our students today are expecting to never hear anything that defies their character. Did I hear someone say that Christianity was going to be completely transformed?

Whole lotta delusion going on.

glorydaz

She has 7 kids, cant have more and wants them and can use that free housekeeper and help with the kids - thats what i see into it anyway.

Situational ethics.....gotta love it when humans give themselves the freedom to decide right and wrong. What a world we live in. :nono:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Polygamy is something that was allowed because of it's necessity at the time. It is no longer necessary, in fact it was already not seen so decent as far back as Christ being that the apostles were more critical of monogamy. Just because they don't declare polygamy wrong doesn't mean that is right in this day and age.

Abraham slept with another woman to conceive a child because his wife didn't believe she could bear one.
What was the fruit of that? The eventual birth of Islam. One bastardized child gave birth to what has become a menace to the entire world.

It's God's most epic way of saying that it's better to have one wife, just as the apostles taught.