Parshat Shemot, 4th Portion (Exodus 3:1-3:15)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
lol The antichrist is not about to tell the people that the old testament is obsolete. Or that Jesus annulled the commandments in the old testament. Or that Jesus changed the law. Oh look at that you don't either. Or that Jesus Christ and the new testament is the only way to get to heaven.

[1Jo 2:18
18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

[Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

[Heb 7:12, 18
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness

[Jhn 10:1, 7-8
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
lol The antichrist is not about to tell the people that the old testament is obsolete. Or that Jesus annulled the commandments in the old testament. Or that Jesus changed the law. Oh look at that you don't either. Or that Jesus Christ and the new testament is the only way to get to heaven.

[1Jo 2:18
18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

[Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

[Heb 7:12, 18
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness

[Jhn 10:1, 7-8
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.

Shalom.

Today is Chamishi, 10-17. It is Yom, Day.

The things that you are saying are false, wrong. You are clearly misled.

Shalom.

Jacob

TrevorL

Greetings Jacob,
Here is Today's Daily Torah Portion.
Parshat Shemot, 4th Portion (Exodus 3:1-3:15)
Please read and comment here if you so desire!
I was interested in the translation that you referenced, as it gives the future tense “I will be” for “Ehyeh”:
Exodus 3:14: God said to Moses, "Ehyeh asher ehyeh (I will be what I will be)," and He said, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'Ehyeh (I will be) has sent me to you.'"
This appears to be the more correct translation, rather than the King James “I Am”. Are you proficient enough in Hebrew to recommend or verify this future tense? I notice that Tyndale in his translation gave the future tense “I wilbe” (with his unique spelling). The RV and RSV margins also give the future tense as an alternative, while in the text they maintain the present tense. Possibly there were two many Trinitarians on the KJV, RV and RSV committees.

Kind regards
Trevor

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Greetings Jacob,I was interested in the translation that you referenced, as it gives the future tense “I will be” for “Ehyeh”:
Exodus 3:14: God said to Moses, "Ehyeh asher ehyeh (I will be what I will be)," and He said, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'Ehyeh (I will be) has sent me to you.'"
This appears to be the more correct translation, rather than the King James “I Am”. Are you proficient enough in Hebrew to recommend or verify this future tense? I notice that Tyndale in his translation gave the future tense “I wilbe” (with his unique spelling). The RV and RSV margins also give the future tense as an alternative, while in the text they maintain the present tense. Possibly there were two many Trinitarians on the KJV, RV and RSV committees.

Kind regards
Trevor
Shalom.

Today is Shishi, 10-18.

My Chumash reads for SHEMOS/EXODUS 3:14

God answered Moses, "I Shall Be As I Shall Be."" And He said, "So shall you say to the Children of Israel, 'I Shall Be has sent me to you.' "

My New King James Version reads for EXODUS 3:14

And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

I know some Hebrew. You asked if I can recommend or verify the referenced translation. I do not have a problem with it.

I will/shall be that/who/which/where I will/shall be. This is what I come up with by translating it using my Hebrew text.

Shalom.

Jacob