Outwitted

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Being outwitted is not being deceived, being deceived is another thing. The serpent deceived Eve, he did not outwit her, as Paul teaches us. While the serpent is called subtil, and cunning or clever, what is meant there, includes lying. Satan is the father of lies, and while being outwitted is your own fault, objectively, being deceived is not your fault, just as objectively. That you are deceived, is the liar's fault, not yours.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Being outwitted is not being deceived, being deceived is another thing. The serpent deceived Eve, he did not outwit her, as Paul teaches us. While the serpent is called subtil, and cunning or clever, what is meant there, includes lying. Satan is the father of lies, and while being outwitted is your own fault, objectively, being deceived is not your fault, just as objectively. That you are deceived, is the liar's fault, not yours.
Fool me once . . .

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Fool me once . . .
Good advice. Liars are still responsible for their lying, regardless of whether you've got, or are following, good advice. If the lied-to doesn't follow good advice, that doesn't vindicate the liars for their lying. They liars remain guilty for their lying lies, even if their victims continue to believe their lying lies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Good advice. Liars are still responsible for their lying, regardless of whether you've got, or are following, good advice. If the lied-to doesn't follow good advice, that doesn't vindicate the liars for their lying. They liars remain guilty for their lying lies, even if their victims continue to believe their lying lies.
True.

2003cobra

Except when being cryptic is witty.

Sometimes people mistakenly think that being cryptic is witty because they don’t recognize the alternate ways their statements can be taken.

Sometimes I think counting coup on forum comments is a sign of insecurity.

Oh well, off to work on Thanksgiving steaks. The turkey gets a pass this year.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Sometimes people mistakenly think that being cryptic is witty because they don’t recognize the alternate ways their statements can be taken.

We're having steaks today too.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

'Hell you talking about?