Olympic Fever Inoculation

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So they're taking baseball out of the Olympics...baseball. A national past time in at least two countries and popular in dozens more. Part of the reasoning behind it is that most countries don't have programs and they can't field a broad enough competitive base to assure quality for the games.

Now they're keeping that, I don't even know its name--the event where you ski and shoot at something, then ski some more. Let's just call it "The Useless, Confused, Vaguely Homicidal" event. That thing is still an Olympic regularity. I'm sure there's a great deal of that going on in Africa, Australia, South America--to say nothing of the islands (no, Australia is a continent).

And what kind of a sport is prancing about with a streamer anyway? I swear I saw that one night...

Sorry. But, no baseball? "Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio?" Well, it won't be to the Olympics, that's for sure. And I for one won't be going with him. :think:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Olympics should be about speed, strength, distance, height and accuracy. Anything with a ball, team mates or a horse need not apply.

hoipoloi

Well, you may laugh, but I think Kickball should be in the Olympics. After all, it's the perfect combination of Baseball...Dodgeball...um...Football if you add tackling...But seriously - KICKBALL in 2012!