Of or for what sins can a person be forgiven? Sin is transgression of the law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 10-14, evening and morning, night and day, of this Jewish Calendar Calendar Day.

Of or for what sins can a person be forgiven? Sin is transgression of the law. What must a person do to be forgiven for this sin and or transgression? Must a person repent? If a person has faith in God and Jesus would they commit a sin that they cannot be forgiven of or (for) which they must repent to be forgiven of? Is it possible to sin a sin unto death and or die and not be resurrected among the righteous or counted among the righteous in the resurrection? Would a person who dies return to dust, be buried in a grave, or go to hell or the lake of fire?

If a person can be forgiven of a transgression, either such that they want to be saved and born again and be forgiven and granted the free gift of eternal life or that they already believe that they are or have such that does not mean that they should commit sin or commit that sin or commit sin in that regard or sin in that regard. Then how can a person live a righteous life if they either have not thought to do so, feel that they can't, have tried to do so, want to do so, are already doing so, have difficulty doing so, or have great success either such that they are righteous or moving in that direction or are successful or in vain pursuit of righteousness by their own works? To do the right thing and to do what is good and pleasing in God's eyes is always viewed as valuable desired and a good thing in the eyes of God and Jesus and those who are called by them or called by God's name or Jesus name in God's name or in view or in light of the one true God not having a misunderstand of who Jesus is and what He has done for us them.

What can be done according to the Law, Torah? What do we learn about salvation in Jesus Christ? And, what can we learn from the TaNaK (Torah Scripture (Torah Scripture or Torah is Scripture), Torah Nevi'im K'tuvim Scripture) Scripture or Scripture as a whole (including Matthew through Revelation)?

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You must be more specific. Are you talking about the old testament law of sin and death. Or are you talking about the new testament law of Christ. Two different laws, two different sets of sins. They don't mix.

John 10:8
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Here are just some of the laws that Jesus changed. Look closely, and remember you cant do them both at the same time.

Luke 4:12
12 And Jesus answered and said to him, "It has been said, 'You shall not tempt the Lord your God.'"
(NKJ)

Matt 5:27-39
27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.'
28 "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
29 "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
30 "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
31 "Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.'
32 "But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.
33 "Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.'
34 "But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne;
35 "nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.
36 "Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black.
37 "But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You must be more specific. Are you talking about the old testament law of sin and death. Or are you talking about the new testament law of Christ. Two different laws, two different sets of sins. They don't mix.

John 10:8
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Here are just some of the laws that Jesus changed. Look closely, and remember you cant do them both at the same time.

Luke 4:12
12 And Jesus answered and said to him, "It has been said, 'You shall not tempt the Lord your God.'"
(NKJ)

Matt 5:27-39
27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.'
28 "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
29 "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
30 "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
31 "Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.'
32 "But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.
33 "Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.'
34 "But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne;
35 "nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.
36 "Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black.
37 "But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
(NKJ)

I believe that you are among other things saying that what was once sin is no longer sin. That is incorrect. However, I do not know what the law of sin and death is. I believe it may be that the soul that sins will shall or should die.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I believe that you are among other things saying that what was once sin is no longer sin. That is incorrect. However, I do not know what the law of sin and death is. I believe it may be that the soul that sins will shall or should die.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
lol This playing dumb act that you put on is not covering up your ignorance. If you don't know what the law of sin and death is, you don't know the old testament. Which you claim you know. Your an idiot. All your logic is perverted.

[Rom 8:1-2
1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol This playing dumb act that you put on is not covering up your ignorance. If you don't know what the law of sin and death is, you don't know the old testament. Which you claim you know. Your an idiot. All your logic is perverted.

[Rom 8:1-2
1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

The question is if the law of sin and of death preceded the Law of Moses, such as with God's commandment to Adam and Eve or the result of their disobedience in the Garden of Eden.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The question is if the law of sin and of death preceded the Law of Moses, such as with God's commandment to Adam and Eve or the result of their disobedience in the Garden of Eden.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
The law of sin and death started when God said don't do that. All Moses done was to expound on that.

[Gen 2:16-17
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat
17 "but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
The law of sin and death started when God said don't do that. All Moses done was to expound on that.

[Gen 2:16-17
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat
17 "but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

Amazing.

Well, maybe you already believed that but were telling me something that you didn't believe.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob...
The result of Adam and Eve disobedience in the Garden of Eden brought the first sin by humans into this world.But after Jesus was sent to Earth, he died for our sins.All have sinned but now you can repent for whatever sin you commit if you believe that Jesus is the only savior for us as was quoted in scriptures.
Hope that helps... :)

Is it possible that you have to do something to be forgiven for you sin? And, is there a sin that you cannot be forgiven for? I am a Jew. I accept the Torah. But I used to be a Christian. Though not a Catholic.

Shalom.

Jacob