New FOYLE'S WAR episode "Trespass" takes up Zionist terrorism

Interplanner

The series dealt with ancillary crime during and right after WW2. In "Trespass" a Zionist terrorist infiltrates a rabbi's family and makes her way to one of the first conferences about Palestine after Balfour, to plant a timed explosion.

While she had deeply personal reasons, the viewer is brought up close to the problem of actually seizing or gaining a theocratic territory (they may not have had a theocracy in mind, but certainly the long-reach of historical reasons is theocratic--"promised land.")

I don't know why God would need to set that up in the eschatological future, but as for the present situation (how the prophecy news media talks about modern Israel), the Foyle episode shows us that claiming a particular place such as modern Israel on prophetic grounds is a very complicated and thorny issue. We should actually say it is a process, since it has been a turbulent 67 years, hardly the born-in-a-day 'miracle' found supposedly found in the prophecy vision, where those who actually believe the Gospel of Messiah predominate. It makes the prophecy experts look and act childish.

For the same reason, it is incredulous that TBN continues to show the movie EXODUS from time to time, in which desperate, atheist, secular Jewish pirates are the heroes. In the details of the French movie, FOR A WOMAN, they are Marxists. The main forces of Zionism were desperate and agnostic.

brewmama

Israel wasn't set up on prophetic grounds, but because of the Holocaust. People may support Israel on prophetic grounds, but that seems pretty lame to me. It has nothing to do with prophecy.

By the way, that's an old episode.

Interplanner

"Trespass" can't be an old episode because Sam is pregnant with the first Wainwright. Perhaps you are thinking of "White Feather" but that was about anti-semitism.

You are right about 'supporting' modern Israel, but it is apart from the Christ of the NT. Ie, prophecy mania and Judaism are very similar for that reason--it is methodologically apart from and in spite of how the NT sees Christ and the OT.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The series dealt with ancillary crime during and right after WW2. In "Trespass" a Zionist terrorist infiltrates a rabbi's family and makes her way to one of the first conferences about Palestine after Balfour, to plant a timed explosion.

While she had deeply personal reasons, the viewer is brought up close to the problem of actually seizing or gaining a theocratic territory (they may not have had a theocracy in mind, but certainly the long-reach of historical reasons is theocratic--"promised land.")

I don't know why God would need to set that up in the eschatological future, but as for the present situation (how the prophecy news media talks about modern Israel), the Foyle episode shows us that claiming a particular place such as modern Israel on prophetic grounds is a very complicated and thorny issue. We should actually say it is a process, since it has been a turbulent 67 years, hardly the born-in-a-day 'miracle' found supposedly found in the prophecy vision, where those who actually believe the Gospel of Messiah predominate. It makes the prophecy experts look and act childish.

For the same reason, it is incredulous that TBN continues to show the movie EXODUS from time to time, in which desperate, atheist, secular Jewish pirates are the heroes. In the details of the French movie, FOR A WOMAN, they are Marxists. The main forces of Zionism were desperate and agnostic.

It has been a HUNDRED times more turbulent for the Arabs than for the Jews

Interplanner

It has been a HUNDRED times more turbulent for the Arabs than for the Jews

I'm not sure what this refers to. I don't know of any Arab on Arab wars in the area in the time period, other than Iran-Iraq and Kuwait, but these are not due to modern Israel being there, that I know of. Those who are Muslim will have 'turbulence' but it is due to keeping sharia and getting rid of Jews per the Qur'an (there is not supposed to be any loss of territory gained for Islam). The turmoil for the conscience that is Qur'an-driven is not the same as the violence driven by that conscience upon others who aren't supposed to be there.

brewmama

"Trespass" can't be an old episode because Sam is pregnant with the first Wainwright. Perhaps you are thinking of "White Feather" but that was about anti-semitism.

You are right about 'supporting' modern Israel, but it is apart from the Christ of the NT. Ie, prophecy mania and Judaism are very similar for that reason--it is methodologically apart from and in spite of how the NT sees Christ and the OT.

Well, all I know is that I watched that series on Acorn and finished last summer. It's out of production now. Great series though!

You might also like Serangoon Road http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2699780/